Lol ur asking a review to test the device by trying to break it in half? loool thats not how it works. " Ok blackberry keyone is. etc etc ok to end this review lets try to see how durable this device by pounding it with a hammer or lets try to break it in half to see if this is the real deal..." LOOOOL....
    Hmmm let's play "use our imagination". If the screen has no adhesive then perhaps.... Perhaps... Ordinary conditions can also pop it out. Like a hot day and a bit of torsional force like a pocket. Get it?
    eldeadache and hjc73734 like this.
    06-10-17 08:42 AM
    Hmmm let's play "use our imagination". If the screen has no adhesive then perhaps.... Perhaps... Ordinary conditions can also pop it out. Like a hot day and a bit of torsional force like a pocket. Get it?
    thats not their job... thats why there's jerry.. lol have u seen a review of iphone testing if it will bend by forcefully bending it by hands

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 08:51 AM
    My only question is this:

If I keep my KEYone in my breast pocket and am shot in the chest at long range, Will it stop a bullet for me?

If not, I'm canceling my order!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-10-17 12:38 PM
    TCL should make a video how to replace the screen if screen pop out. Also, offer free screen replacement. We'll probably see more people with screen issues but I hope TCL can honor a replacement.
    06-10-17 12:54 PM
    Up until the bend test the phone did very well. As I don't bend my phones and I have a decent case on the way, I will continue to be a happy customer.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-10-17 01:28 PM
    My only question is this:

If I keep my KEYone in my breast pocket and am shot in the chest at long range, Will it stop a bullet for me?

If not, I'm canceling my order!
    Depends. What caliber ammo and how lucky are you?
    06-10-17 01:58 PM
    Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    Frenzytom and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-10-17 01:58 PM
    Thanks CBK for the latest update!
    06-10-17 02:01 PM
    Like an accidental sort drop while in your car?... Hmmm, where did I read something like that?...
    stefan_ likes this.
    06-10-17 02:13 PM
    Like an accidental sort drop while in your car?... Hmmm, where did I read something like that?...
    Haha.. exactly. All these TCL stock holders coming out in droves to defend an inexcusable engineering oversight. More than like even just a screw up at the factory.

Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    Finally some acknowledgement. About this statement though: "TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices ". Hahaha.. no.. no they do not.
    werkregen likes this.
    06-10-17 02:17 PM
    I'm reassured by CBK's description of the "caulking" around the screen, since what I found most concerning about this problem was the claim that the screen was altogether unsealed and this more vulnerable to moisture.

So I'm back to seriously considering getting one...
    06-10-17 02:36 PM
    06-10-17 02:43 PM
    The separation is probably what saved it from having its screen completely shattered, as with its fellow Shelf of Shame companions.
    When I thought of this same point yesterday I thought of the same thing. The bend test puts severe stress on the phone and in such a case I would much rather the screen popped loose than broke or shattered. Shards of glass are not fun to clean up. This is not to minimize those who may have had it come out with lesser reasons. But still. I am impressed with the durability of the glass. It sounds as though Kevin finally got it to break. A few weeks ago I saw someone struggling to use an all touch iPhone with a screen with many breaks in it. I would prefer to be able to pop my screen back in place.
    06-10-17 03:15 PM
    Up until the bend test the phone did very well. As I don't bend my phones and I have a decent case on the way, I will continue to be a happy customer.
    That bend test is no where close to normal use, so it's not relevant what is relevant is the one where one individual dropped his device and the screen popped out. TCL I believe is addressing it based on their recent statement
    06-10-17 03:17 PM
    That bend test is no where close to normal use, so it's not relevant what is relevant is the one where one individual dropped his device and the screen popped out. TCL I believe is addressing it based on their recent statement
    Only after the half a million view YouTube video came out and the bad press started did TCL acknowledge this.
    06-10-17 03:34 PM
    at least they acknowledged it and are offering a warranty replacement which should assuage any fears. calling it now, there will be more cracked KeyOne screens and toilet drops than screen pops.
    06-10-17 03:49 PM
    I hope TCL new production keyone will have some modifications done then I may pick up one again. I already returned mine and got refund.
    06-10-17 04:10 PM
    Only after the half a million view YouTube video came out and the bad press started did TCL acknowledge this.
    And here we go with the negative spin again...

Demands of TCL acknowledging and honoring warranties! Oh, they're doing that! Dammit! How to make this look negative...
    06-10-17 04:13 PM
    I hope TCL new production keyone will have some modifications done then I may pick up one again. I already returned mine and got refund.
    They could apply more adhesive, put screws in, whatever, to make the likelihood of screens popping off with wear and tear less likely, but the screen is its own unit, so probably won't do well in another JerryRig test - more adhesive will still give out eventually, screw holes will be the new weakness points with screws buckling the holes, and possibly, without the adhesive giving way first, the new rigidity will pass the energy to the screen and make it shatter. (Same problem with glass, more scratch resistant, more likely to shatter instead of crack.)

What do you hope for? More "life" proof, so screens are less likely to come off with drops, perhaps shattering instead? Or able to withstand the JerryRig test? The latter isn't going to happen. The frame isn't rigid enough to keep a single unit screen from being pushed out.
    06-10-17 04:26 PM
    I've seen iPhones drop a few inches the wrong way and shatter the screen. Pick your damage.
    06-10-17 04:32 PM
    "TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices ". Hahaha.. no.. no they do not.
    Actually they do. Their Alcatel line has been rated very high for build quality. Their TVs are solid too.
    06-10-17 04:33 PM
    Jerryrig or Zack or whatever his name is did say he would happily make another video if they make a change in manufacturing. Hopefully they make a change and send him a device to test at least that would give blackberry/tcl some good publicity.
    06-10-17 04:39 PM
    Actually they do. Their Alcatel line has been rated very high for build quality. Their TVs are solid too.
    Rated by whom?
    06-10-17 04:39 PM
    Jerryrig or Zack or whatever his name is did say he would happily make another video if they make a change in manufacturing. Hopefully they make a change and send him a device to test at least that would give blackberry/tcl some good publicity.
    TCL sending him a device raises the suspicion that the device is cherry picked. It has to be bought at retail for the test to matter.
    06-10-17 04:44 PM
    Rated by whom?
    This CNET review seems to mirror the general sentiment with other tech sites:
    06-10-17 04:53 PM
555 ... 1920212223