Even though it's clear to me now that as a "new" user in a forum that my posts could be viewed as irrelevant regardless just because I'm a "new" member.
    06-09-17 06:11 PM
    Does the KEYone's back cover snap back on like the Z10's?
    Totally does. I've pulled mine off using a Style Ring and Pop Socket. It's just clipped into place for easy repair.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...assembly/92149
    cbvinh likes this.
    06-09-17 06:18 PM
    Remember the Storm and how many users were super supportive even though it was a disaster launch? People were posting helpful videos of how to apply things to the area behind the battery to make the screen click properly. What happened to that level of patience and understanding? Or that "sticktoitiveness" users used to possess.

Maybe the Storm is a bad example because of how bad it was at first, but instead of going crazy, many users looked for "fixes" asopposed to panicing. Eventually, as bad as it was considered, even the Storm weathered the storm. Worst smartphone launch in history was that Storm.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    06-09-17 06:19 PM
    What happened to that level of patience and understanding?

It died with the Storm. Seriously, so many users were put off by the Storm. It was a pivotal moment for BlackBerry. Some Storm owners left BlackBerry devices after having owned the Storm and will never return because of their experience with that device. I'm convinced that if you were to ask most folks who have a negative attitude toward BlackBerry, the majority of them were Storm owners.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-09-17 06:21 PM
    Just a little problem with that:

You'd expect the two halves of the phone to flex, since they're separate. On the other hand, there's no pretense of separation on the KEYone. There are no moving parts. Sure, the Passport lifted a little when flexed but bending it didn't produce a dramatic failure like the KEYone, because they glued the bleeping thing.
    As far as I know, Jerry didn't bend Passport either. I'm sure a lot of old PKB will potentially break up on such bending if they are larger enough.
    06-09-17 06:22 PM
    It died with the Storm. Seriously, so many users were put off by the Storm. It was a pivotal moment for BlackBerry. Some Storm owners left BlackBerry devices after having owned the Storm and will never return because of their experience with that device.
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, understandable, it was so bad that even after the fixes got pushed through, my carrier representative at the time tried talking me out of buying the Storm. I didn't listen and actually ended up really enjoying that phone somehow.
    06-09-17 06:25 PM
    As far as I know, Jerry didn't bend Passport either. I'm sure a lot of old PKB will potentially break up on such bending if they are larger enough.
    Agreed. I have seen footage of Passport bend attempts and they all failed. It was because John Chen challenged the public to try.

I do agree with you though because with enough effort, I know I could break whatever device I apply my strength to. Even the Passport.
    06-09-17 06:27 PM
    Totally does. I've pulled mine off using a Style Ring and Pop Socket. It's just clipped into place for easy repair.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...assembly/92149
    Nice to see easy access to the battery, which probably doesn't require removal of the top as the iFixit guide shows, but all that adhesive to hold the battery down! I guess it doesn't need to be done often, so makes sense. Thanks!
    06-09-17 06:33 PM
    Okay, I'm getting a a kick out of all this. Yes they need glue so it does not randomly pop out. Maybe he had pre production US model?
    Regardless, did it stop everyone from buying Nexus 6p, HTC9 , iPhone bending issues?
    We are keeping the KEYone. There is a one year manufactured defect warranty so everyone needs to relax a little. If it happens then return for new one. If you bend it on purpose then you deserve to get nothing!
    The screen has never randomly dislodged. The reported incidents have been people dropping their BlackBerry KEYone smartphone on hard or abrasive surfaces. Buy insurance for the device like any sensible person buying an expensive smartphone.
    06-09-17 06:39 PM
    Agreed. I have seen footage of Passport bend attempts and they all failed. It was because John Chen challenged the public to try.

I do agree with you though because with enough effort, I know I could break whatever device I apply my strength to. Even the Passport.
    Haha I didn't mean to bend Passport literally but I guess you got the point. These are unrealistic tests but something good to know.

In my case I never had an issue with Passport and so far with KEYᵒⁿᵉ. What I'm trying to say is, people shouldn't make a purchasing decision based on this. I'm sure if it was weak and easily bent, we would have seen it already.

When 99% of the reviews were all in favour of the phone, this one odd just makes the users that own the device mad if it's wrongly presented to the masses.

I love Jerry's channel but have always watched it as an entertainment. I had Nexus 6P which he destroyed and also was the first device that brought his channel to the masses, but hardly anyone in the real life had the issue of such bend.
    anon(10255518) likes this.
    06-09-17 06:39 PM
    Haha I didn't mean to bend Passport literally but I guess you got the point. These are unrealistic tests but something good to know.

In my case I never had an issue with Passport and so far with KEYᵒⁿᵉ. What I'm trying to say is, people shouldn't make a purchasing decision based on this. I'm sure if it was weak and easily bent, we would have seen it already.

When 99% of the reviews were all in favour of the phone, this one odd just makes the users that own the device mad if it's wrongly presented to the masses.

I love Jerry's channel but have always watched it as an entertainment. I had Nexus 6P which he destroyed and also was the first device that brought his channel to the masses, but hardly anyone in the real life had the issue of such bend.
    II wholeheartedly agree with you.
    06-09-17 06:43 PM
    The screen has never randomly dislodged. The reported incidents have been people dropping their BlackBerry KEYone smartphone on hard or abrasive surfaces. Buy insurance for the device like any sensible person buying an expensive smartphone.
    Good advice. Personally, I have zero fears.
    06-09-17 06:45 PM
    I'm not worried either. I've dealt with bb support a few times and they've always been good. If some how my screen actually came out I believe they would fix it free of charge or at the very least if this becomes a big story they will give buyers the choice of an optional recall. I have a glass screen protector and case on mine and I've never in my life put any phone in that kind of a position to bend like that. And that was no ' slight bend '. He was going pretty hard. I still highly recommend this phone to everyone. Loving mine
    06-09-17 06:50 PM
    It died with the Storm. Seriously, so many users were put off by the Storm. It was a pivotal moment for BlackBerry. Some Storm owners left BlackBerry devices after having owned the Storm and will never return because of their experience with that device. I'm convinced that if you were to ask most folks who have a negative attitude toward BlackBerry, the majority of them were Storm owners.
    Not 100% true. I had a storm a bad one. I left came back with 9700; double typing. I left and came back to Z10-30 and passport se which​ I still own and Z30. All paper weight now.
    So yeah BB not good. letting people down! Paid a lot.
    I was thinking to go with keyone but at the price now. Not good
    Might wait for a price down.
    06-09-17 06:51 PM
    Not 100% true.
    Yeah, that would be why I said 'some'.
    nolimits7 and Sigewif like this.
    06-09-17 06:55 PM
    Yeah, that would be why I said 'some'.
    Right you did
    06-09-17 06:58 PM
    I actually really liked the Storm 2. First one, not so much, but I got where they were going with it. Unfortunately the first one was so bad and unusable you're probably right about the above.
    06-09-17 07:01 PM

Yeah, except:

JerryRigEverything's KEYone video is out...-passport.png

It will bend. Also:

BlackBerry’s Mysterious Bendgate: What Causes the Screen to Come Off and How to Fix It
    06-09-17 07:04 PM
    I'm not sure what I find more amusing: the fact that a bend test is still a relevant stress test on a phone (not sure if I ever encountered bending a phone) or how dramatic the reaction is on here...

I've dropped the phone a few times now and the screen's still on, so from a practical real-world standpoint, it's well-built.

P.S. The phone also doesn't survive a hammer to the screen, an elephant stepping on it, and a flamethrower shot directly on it. Consider yourself warned and cancel your orders accordingly!
    06-09-17 07:10 PM
    If I apply glue myself, is that going to avoid warranty?
    06-09-17 07:13 PM
    simple. don't bend it. lol
    06-09-17 07:14 PM
    So, should all you complainers now start whining that the iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung S8 both had smashed glass from a real life "leave phone on car roof" test? Funny how 2 KEYone's glass survived isn't it?. This is a solid phone!
    06-09-17 07:22 PM
    So, should all you complainers now start whining that the iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung S8 both had smashed glass from a real life "leave phone on car roof" test? Funny how 2 KEYone's glass survived isn't it?. This is a solid phone!
    Why? This is a keyone thread. I was impressed the screen stayed in on that test. Not surprisingly all glass phones cracked / broke.
    06-09-17 07:25 PM
    Why? This is a keyone thread. I was impressed the screen stayed in on that test. Not surprisingly all glass phones cracked / broke.
    You completely missed the point! I am mocking the complainers about how KEYone is not durable. This was a real life test. The KEYone glass never cracked or broke from drops or car . The iPhone and Samsung did.
    Many complaints here about durability of KEYone because of this video. KEYone survived no glass break, iPhone and Samsung did. That is real life; dropping your phone!
    06-09-17 07:31 PM
    Not surprisingly all glass phones cracked / broke.
    But wouldn't you expect that if you paid an extra premium over the KEYone price that the 7 Plus and S8 would survive such a test? Some people do come back to the premium price of the KEYone and what they expect of the build...
    06-09-17 07:33 PM
555 ... 1718192021 ...