No I didn't miss that. The number of phones that have failed this test doesn't matter to me. I get your "norm".

The phone has been rock solid for me. Already survived three drops- two onto a wood floor, one waist high the other from about five feet, the third onto a rug from the sofa- just a couple of scratches to the top of the phone.
    My thinking my not be agreeable to the majority in this thread. That's OK. I have a KEYone. And I use it daily with no case. No problems at all in my Real World Test. This video doesn't change how I feel at all. This is the best BlackBerry to date- bar none.
    Sounds like you need a case lol. Do you throw your other electronics around?
    06-09-17 09:17 AM
    Having his morning tea. He's UK @The_Q

LOL @Tim-ANC , I was actually watching the depressing UK election results when I received your mention. @Tsepz_GP , I'm still here, still waiting for a refund, also.... genuinely, I was hoping the previous 10 cases of this issue were isolated. I really wanted this phone to succeed, however, I will now wait until a KeyOne 2.0 comes out and purchase it after a JerryRig test.

So.... JerryRig used my image, does that mean I'm a published photographer ?? :-)
    @BlackBerry Mobile, I will NOT be buying another KeyOne. Please hurry up, recall this product and invest more money into building a phone worthy of the BlackBerry name.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-09-17 09:26 AM
    I'm actually looking forward to the "BlackBerry can do no wrong" posters to come in and defend this. There is no way to possibly defend this joke of a phone but it will be entertaining to see what the excuses are going to be in here.
    Stop blaming Blackberry for everything. Adhesive makes the phone weigh more, which will slow down productive business people.
    06-09-17 09:38 AM
    Am I missing something or did the video blog get taken down on CB? I'm using the android app and it's not in there (Blogs) anymore.
    06-09-17 09:43 AM
    I could not finish watching him destroy

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 09:50 AM
    I could not finish watching him destroy

Posted via CB10
    My 7 years old son neither...

He says its smartphone abuse.

Posted via CB10
    The_Q likes this.
    06-09-17 09:51 AM
    There has actually been at least 10 cases of this happening here on the forum.
    Ten cases of screen pop offs? I've seen two (the ones listed in the Jerry Rig video). Do you have links to the threads? I'm honestly interested in reading up.
    06-09-17 10:21 AM
    Of course it's abuse but shows how well or not a phone is put together. Sure in the real world no one is going to do that. But also shows as some have found out that there is a good chance on even just a drop the screen will fall out.
    06-09-17 10:22 AM
    Ten cases of screen pop offs? I've seen two (the ones listed in the Jerry Rig video). Do you have links to the threads? I'm honestly interested in reading up.
    Yep that's true , it's spread in various thread
    06-09-17 10:23 AM
    The water argument has to be the dumbest thing I've heard too. Seriously, the keyboard is going to leak like a siv! The ports are going to leak far more than the screen border. Glue on the bottom isn't going to stop water from entering around the crease either. Good grief.
    The keyboard, assuming it's constructed like the Q10 and other BB hard keyboards, has a membrane under the keys to block slight moisture from entering that way. Obviously we're not talking about immersion or heavy duty rain. And yes, water can get in through the ports, but the bottom of the screen is adjacent to the keyboard.

I don't know for certain that the absence of adhesive around the screen increases the risk of double typing but I don't think it's out of the question by any means. In my view, it just makes it that much easier for moisture to get in and under that keyboard membrane. I hope I'm wrong, but having suffered through double typing issues on the 9780 and Q10 I'm concerned about anything that makes this problem more likely.

I don't know how they built the older BBs, such as the 8320, 8900, to make them less vulnerable to this sort of thing, but I know that they survived an amazing amount of abuse: wet hands, spills, damp environments, and never had a problem. Maybe the screen seal had nothing to do with it, but as a potential buyer of the K1 I'm thinking of all possibilities.
    06-09-17 10:52 AM
    I feel so popular! You guys always seem to find a way to want to talk about me.

Y'all making me blush!
    Since you live in Canada, that isn't a blush. It is frozen cheeks left over from the winter.
    06-09-17 10:52 AM
    Yep that's true , it's spread in various thread
    That's great (well not great) but has anyone been keeping track with links? I don't want to spend an hour digging if someone has done the link homework.
    06-09-17 10:55 AM
    Tempted to take mine back...bummer.
    06-09-17 10:56 AM
    LOL @Tim-ANC , I was actually watching the depressing UK election results when I received your mention. @Tsepz_GP , I'm still here, still waiting for a refund, also.... genuinely, I was hoping the previous 10 cases of this issue were isolated. I really wanted this phone to succeed, however, I will now wait until a KeyOne 2.0 comes out and purchase it after a JerryRig test.

So.... JerryRig used my image, does that mean I'm a published photographer ?? :-)
    @BlackBerry Mobile, I will NOT be buying another KeyOne. Please hurry up, recall this product and invest more money into building a phone worthy of the BlackBerry name.
    I still don't understand why you didn't get a replacement direct from BlackBerry Mobile if you liked the KEYone. The video is not real world testing and you know it.
    Do they need to fix your issue and for a few others yes, and it was offered to you. This is what warranties are for.
    06-09-17 11:06 AM
    I still don't understand why you didn't get a replacement direct from BlackBerry Mobile if you liked the KEYone. The video is not real world testing and you know it.
    Do they need to fix your issue and for a few others yes, and it was offered to you. This is what warranties are for.
    The video is not a real world testing, but his own experience IS. And the video itself is enough as it shows the device is not strong enough to survive over time. Why would he want a replacement only to get another faulty device? He is right to get his money back and wait for TCL to sort it out.
    06-09-17 11:16 AM
    Because he could have run into the same issue again.

I don't know about you but the last thing I need is my main phone running into an issue after I have setup it up and having to send it in, it is an inconvenience. A phone should just work, not fall apart.
    06-09-17 11:21 AM
    The video is not a real world testing, but his own experience IS. And the video itself is enough as it shows the device is not strong enough to survive over time. Why would he want a replacement only to get another faulty device? He is right to get his money back and wait for TCL to sort it out.
    Exactly!

What sort of logical person would jump straight to another one when this is clearly an issue with how the devices are built.
    06-09-17 11:25 AM

Lol, when are politics ever not disappointing these days.

What got me with your thread is how defensive people got about their favourite phone brand when you had posted images clearly showing how poorly the Display was kept in the body of the KEYOne. At least you are vindicated now

I have a feeling there could be a mounting number of this complaint soon as more people buy this device

BB PR better get on it and TCL better sort this out.
    The_Q likes this.
    06-09-17 11:32 AM
    I wonder if Kevin's video is still coming today?
    06-09-17 12:48 PM
    He's filming today I thought.
    06-09-17 01:07 PM
    Hi @Pinot2015, I will summarize my posts for you

1. CPW could not guarantee a brand new replacement, policy is to repair NOT replace after 14 days.
    2. CPW could not commit to a NEW phone as the store I went into didnt even knew it existed.
    3. In parallel to this BB/TCL offered me a direct replacement but when I asked about who would I go to for further warranty issues they couldn't give me an answer (store or them)
    4. By this time my experience was soured and I thought I would be a one of case and I'd wait for a while to make sure this isnt a defect on all devices.

Please read my original post for full details of how **** my interaction with CPW and @BlackBerry Mobile has been. Then you tell me if you "still don't understand why you didn't get a replacement"
    krazyatom and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    06-09-17 01:20 PM
    Glad that I am getting a refund. I am going to get oneplus 5 and support blackberry with their software. Go blackberry (RIM). I don't trust TCL.
    newcollector likes this.
    06-09-17 01:38 PM
    Hi @Pinot2015, I will summarize my posts for you

1. CPW could not guarantee a brand new replacement, policy is to repair NOT replace after 14 days.
    2. CPW could not commit to a NEW phone as the store I went into didnt even knew it existed.
    3. In parallel to this BB/TCL offered me a direct replacement but when I asked about who would I go to for further warranty issues they couldn't give me an answer (store or them)
    4. By this time my experience was soured and I thought I would be a one of case and I'd wait for a while to make sure this isnt a defect on all devices.

Please read my original post for full details of how **** my interaction with CPW and @BlackBerry Mobile has been. Then you tell me if you "still don't understand why you didn't get a replacement"
    Your condescension aside. You were provided a replacement offer right away by TCL and refund eventually after fighting with them from CPW within days.
    It's almost like you are blaming TCL for CPW policies. This is what I don't understand.
    Yes, it is very unfortunate you had a lemon device but a solution was provided by TCL but you are soured because of CPW.
    KEYone has a one year defective manufactured warranty that you chose not to take advantage of.

Well hopefully you get your refund soon. That is your right under the 30 day policies of CPW.
    06-09-17 01:40 PM

Well hopefully you get your refund soon. That is your right under the 30 day policies of CPW.
    Well the law actually - don't think CPW are doing him a favour, they just provide the legal minimum.
    06-09-17 02:08 PM
    1) Don't bend your phone with two hands!
    2) Don't sit on your phone!
    3) Don't pour liquid on your phone!
    4) Don't throw your phone!
    5) Don't drive over your phone!
    6) Don't burn your phone!
    7) Don't fry your phone!
    8) don't drop your phone in the toilet!
    9) don't cook your phone in the oven
    See? Simple.
    Don't put mild torsional stress on your phone.
    Don't put it in your pocket.
    Don't expect $800CAD devices that are portable by design to be durable.

Seriously what a stupid post. Should he have just made a video where he drops it once and the screen flies out? Do you really expect that it is normal for something so expensive and meant to be carried around to totally give up on one drop?

What an age to live in where we excuse PORTABLE DEVICES for not being durable. Wow.
    06-09-17 02:13 PM
555 ... 1415161718 ...