Well it smells like TCL got on the phone and told crackberry to earn this month's cheque.
    They probably built him some "hardened" KEYone's for the upcoming video.
    06-08-17 11:58 PM
    It's not IP rated anyway, is it?
    Nope, as far as I know it isn't therefore water damage is a no go as far as warranty claims go.
    06-09-17 12:00 AM
    Where is the guy who dropped his KEYone in the centre console and had the Display pop out!?

To think people in his thread didn't believe him and were talking as if he was at fault. Goes to show how blind fanboys can be.

TCL better sort this rubbish out.
    hjc73734, buwee and eldeadache like this.
    06-09-17 12:28 AM
    Where is the guy who dropped his KEYone in the centre console and had the Display pop out!?

To think people in his thread didn't believe him and were talking as if he was at fault. Goes to show how blind fanboys can be.

Yeah, but don't you understand he dropped it wrong.
    06-09-17 02:02 AM

People are still doing that crap in here...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 02:05 AM
    I honest don't get the hysteria. If the screen was glued the phone would have bent at the keyboard crease and then it still wouldn't work. But everyone would be happy?

The water argument has to be the dumbest thing I've heard too. Seriously, the keyboard is going to leak like a siv! The ports are going to leak far more than the screen border. Glue on the bottom isn't going to stop water from entering around the crease either. Good grief.

The only thing that matters is if a lot of screens are easily coming apart. We have heard of what, two cases? Whenever I hear a user say it was a "light" drop, I am always skeptical. Also, I've seen "light" drops of other phones result in cracked screens all the time. What is worse, cracked screen, or one you can pop back in?

My KeyOne isn't going anywhere. Some simple advice for those paranoid over the phone:

1) Don't bend your phone with two hands!
    2) Don't sit on your phone!
    3) Don't pour liquid on your phone!
    4) Don't throw your phone!
    5) Don't drive over your phone!
    6) Don't burn your phone!
    7) Don't fry your phone!
    8) don't drop your phone in the toilet!
    9) don't cook your phone in the oven

See? Simple.
    When the screen pops out the ribbon can tear, and that would mean a phone going in for repairs as the Display would not be usable.

Plenty of people are fine using a cracked screen that still works, but a Display that falls out and tears the ribbon is not exactly usable.

Yes you can pop it back in but it won't work.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 02:11 AM

Having his morning tea. He's UK @The_Q
    06-09-17 02:27 AM
    When the screen pops out the ribbon can tear, and that would mean a phone going in for repairs as the Display would not be usable.

Plenty of people are fine using a cracked screen that still works, but a Display that falls out and tears the ribbon is not exactly usable.

Yes you can pop it back in but it won't work.
    Exactly. My main take away is the fragility of the ribbon. Those of you trying to pop your screen out, be wary of this.
    06-09-17 02:29 AM
    Besides the screen failure looks like a pretty well built device. Blackberry needs to fix the lack of glue on the screen this video proves what others are saying about the screen lifting and coming off.
    06-09-17 02:53 AM
    Besides the screen failure looks like a pretty well built device. Blackberry needs to fix the lack of glue on the screen this video proves what others are saying about the screen lifting and coming off.
    I don't know about that. A phone without a working screen is worthless, no matter how everything else is built.
    06-09-17 03:03 AM
    You missed the part when he said ONLY 6 other phones have broken when trying to bend. So this isn't the norm.
    No I didn't miss that. The number of phones that have failed this test doesn't matter to me. I get your "norm".

The phone has been rock solid for me. Already survived three drops- two onto a wood floor, one waist high the other from about five feet, the third onto a rug from the sofa- just a couple of scratches to the top of the phone.
    My thinking my not be agreeable to the majority in this thread. That's OK. I have a KEYone. And I use it daily with no case. No problems at all in my Real World Test. This video doesn't change how I feel at all. This is the best BlackBerry to date- bar none.
    06-09-17 03:34 AM
    Indeed, it looks like a well build device, but having a look at the support page concerns me with all the issue threads that appear and the problem is not the issue threads themselves, rather that there are a lot related to different thinks, from lag to various hw issues.
    06-09-17 03:35 AM
    I just watched the video and am *very* disappointed seeing the way the screen is "connected" to the rest of the device. Absolutely zero adhesive? I mean, I kind of got used to switching from screw-secured screens to adhesive secured screens, but now even saving the adhesive material completely seems like a very sad joke. I mean how expensive can this be within the whole manufacturing process? Especially considering this still is a €600 device and as such a high-end phone.

What saddens me even more: The Keyone actually feels very solid and I was one of those who kept saying, since the day I got it, this truly feels like a BlackBerry and seems to be build like a tank. Seeing this stupid oversight by TCL is like a slap in the face. I only hope they'll quickly adjust production for future revisions of this handset and will be helpful to those, who already have broken devices due to this issue.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-09-17 03:42 AM
    Damn, seems like a robust phone in all other areas so I hope BBMo/TCL will start addressing the issue right away.
    Applying adhesive is not this hard.
    06-09-17 04:22 AM
    They probably built him some "hardened" KEYone's for the upcoming video.
    I love Kevin, but lets be real here. There is no way he's going to post a video of a drop test that shows the screen popping out. If he did a drop test and it did happen to fall out, there is no way he'd post that video up. They'd reshoot it until the drop test was a pass. I don't blame him on that one though, if I ran CrackBerry and was partnered with TCL I wouldn't post it either.
    06-09-17 06:05 AM
    I honest don't get the hysteria. If the screen was glued the phone would have bent at the keyboard crease and then it still wouldn't work. But everyone would be happy?

The water argument has to be the dumbest thing I've heard too. Seriously, the keyboard is going to leak like a siv! The ports are going to leak far more than the screen border. Glue on the bottom isn't going to stop water from entering around the crease either. Good grief.

The only thing that matters is if a lot of screens are easily coming apart. We have heard of what, two cases? Whenever I hear a user say it was a "light" drop, I am always skeptical. Also, I've seen "light" drops of other phones result in cracked screens all the time. What is worse, cracked screen, or one you can pop back in?

My KeyOne isn't going anywhere. Some simple advice for those paranoid over the phone:

7) Don't fry your phone!

See? Simple.
    There has actually been at least 10 cases of this happening here on the forum.
    06-09-17 06:22 AM
    You can really tell this forum changed quite a bit. Back in the day they would be all over this if it happened to one of the most anticipated devices. Now it's mostly silent.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-09-17 06:24 AM
    You can really tell this forum changed quite a bit. Back in the day they would be all over this if it happened to one of the most anticipated devices. Now it's mostly silent.
    Back in the day we wouldn't settle for a crooked trackpad or light bleed from the device. But now this is a "non issue" to some. Beyond bizarre.
    Tim-ANC and zephyr613 like this.
    06-09-17 06:25 AM
    There has actually been at least 10 cases of this happening here on the forum.
    Yes new report today in the original thread. Guy in Jakarta. He bought it there.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12914811
    06-09-17 07:14 AM
    Wow.. just had flashbacks to my Drunk BlackBerry Q10 Drop Test

the impact energy absorbed by the unit that causes the back fly out.. or you prefer impact energy absorbed by the phone to shutter the screen and causes internal damage? Or like your car design, one camp (old Volvo) make it strong, little damage upon impact, the other, majority of other car, prefer control deformation that adsorb energy by control deformation... protect the cage that people sit in it... which one you like?
    06-09-17 07:48 AM
    the impact energy absorbed by the unit that causes the back fly out.. or you prefer impact energy absorbed by the phone to shutter the screen and causes internal damage? Or like your car design, one camp (old Volvo) make it strong, little damage upon impact, the other, majority of other car, prefer control deformation that adsorb energy by control deformation... protect the cage that people sit in it... which one you like?
    ALL OF THEM

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    06-09-17 07:57 AM
    ALL OF THEM

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    negotiate with physics is very difficult. you are better designer than anyone else I guess. Looking forward to see your signature on a good design (i mean with customer UI and aesthetic in mind as well... not like a tank, or a "good looking tank").
    06-09-17 08:07 AM

7) Don't fry your phone!

See? Simple.
    Exactly, you would not treat your new car this way. Or how about those new subscription sun glasses that are $500 plus. Are you going to bend, scratch, burn them? Nope, you treat delicately.
    A couple of issues reported here and a video of someone purposely wrecking a phone. Such panic! Especially when the KEYone has a one year manufactured warranty on it. Whats the issue? Inconvenience?
    My wife is keeping the KEYone, it's been dropped twice on tile and totally fine and in her purse without a case. No scratches at all.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 06-09-17 at 11:00 AM.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-09-17 08:08 AM
    Exactly, you would not treat your new car this way. Or how a out those new subscription sun glasses that are $500 plus. Are you going to bend, scratch, burn them? Nope, you treat delicately.
    A couple of issues reported here and a video of someone purposely wrecking a phone. Such panic! Especially when the KEYone has a one year manufactured warranty on it. Whats the issue? Inconvenience?
    My wife is keeping the KEYone, it's been dropped twice on tile and totally fine and in her purse without a case. No scratches at all.
    Agree with you 100%. Two KEYones in this household and not a single issue. That said, if I ever go Ultimate Warrior on my KEYone, at least I'll know that I will have my hand lifted in victory over my crumpled and defeated BlackBerry.

But since I use my KEYone as a... you know... communication device, and not as a... sparring partner, I think I'm pretty confident that it will withstand the wear and tear of being my daily driver -- until the KEYtwo comes out... which will be both glue-free AND screws-free!
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-09-17 08:46 AM
    Exactly, you would not treat your new car this way. Or how a out those new subscription sun glasses that are $500 plus. Are you going to bend, scratch, burn them? Nope, you treat delicately.
    Regardless of how you want to look at it. The adhesive should not have been over looked .

Saying that. I love my KEYone and the over all build quality
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 09:16 AM
555 ... 1314151617 ...