can you tell me a little more about the return policy? where did you buy it?
    Probably from somewhere in the EU. Romania has this consumer law regarding products purchased online.
    06-08-17 08:02 PM
    something to keep in mind when purchasing a KeyOne. Must get a case to cover the front/screen.
    06-08-17 08:08 PM
    They could do as Apple does, not publicly acknowledge the problem but quietly fix for anyone who has the problem, even after the warranty period.

I hope they come up with a solution more elegant than a goop of adhesive.
    I read some posts where folks have said they will not buy K1 until they fix the panel issue. Well, if BBM do not say anything the buyer would not know if it has been fixed. A couple days ago I said " Neither rain, sleet or snow would stop BB momentum with K1 sales." Jerry with this video may have halted some people from buying the K1. Even on Android Authority the 4 post as of this writing were saying do not buy. That hurts when the consumers outside of Crackberry is moving away.
    06-08-17 08:15 PM
    It's not so much the screen coming loose, it's ripping the tiny ribbon cable giving it life.
    That would be my concern too, except Jerry bent it to pop off the screen first, then bent the back side, which probably did in the ribbon cable. The person who dropped the KEYone didn't have the ribbon cable ripped out. The screen was still functional, just not in its slot.

One thing I noticed is that even though the KEYone ended up on the Shelf of Shame, it's the only one of six/seven that didn't have its screen cracked to bits. The whole screen unit came off and if the ribbon hadn't had ripped, it would be repairable... perhaps with glue!

Additionally, the back seems to be snapped into place, similar to how the Z10's removable back is removed, which may mean easy battery replacement.

I used to have a Nokia that would break apart into three pieces after being dropped, but I could snap it back together like new.
    06-08-17 08:28 PM
    I read some posts where folks have said they will not buy K1 until they fix the panel issue. Well, if BBM do not say anything the buyer would not know if it has been fixed. A couple days ago I said " Neither rain, sleet or snow would stop BB momentum with K1 sales." Jerry with this video may have halted some people from buying the K1. Even on Android Authority the 4 post as of this writing were saying do not buy. That hurts when the consumers outside of Crackberry is moving away.
    BBMo probably should acknowledge and announce a fix. Yes, they're certainly not Apple and can't get away with quietly fixing problems without acknowledging it.
    06-08-17 08:32 PM
    BBMo probably should acknowledge and announce a fix. Yes, they're certainly not Apple and can't get away with quietly fixing problems without acknowledging it.
    They need to acknowledge this, they've been ultra quiet about every other misstep, they can't ignore this. Either combat the video or say there's a fix coming ... but do something. And that doesn't mean to have CBK do a drop test. Having the guy who created Crackberry do a video to combat these claims is like the NFL having Roger Goodell do a video on why football is a better sport than baseball.
    06-08-17 08:41 PM
    Who is blaming them for anything? I think people wanted them to comment before on the CDMA thing and pretty good chance they didn't because TCL didn't want them to since the answer isn't pretty (We actually didn't make any but told you they would be on sale). Now this is an immediate response because this thing is taking off everywhere and as you can see from this thread alone, its very damaging so of of course they want whatever way they can to nip it in the bud quickly.
    Nobody is blaming Kevin or Bla1ze for anything but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that impartiality has basically gone out the window now that TCL in involved with the site. It's natural that would happen. I don't know what your job is but I highly doubt whoever is paying you would appreciate you criticizing their products publicly either. Same idea here. And if you haven't noticed, they haven't been very critical of anything lately. They used to always be openly critical of BlackBerry when things didn't go right and it was deserved.
    That's why it's odd that BlackBerry KEYone - Full phone specifications doesn't show a CDMA model for this phone.
    06-08-17 08:42 PM
    Geez...I just went on my Google browser and it seems like every article from the Verge, GSM Arena, Android Police has gotten hold of this Panel issue.
    06-08-17 09:01 PM
    Looking at the video again and in this frame, I can't see where the frame could actually hold the screen in. Looks like it just sits on top. I don't see any rails or tracks or tabs where it would supposedly secure itself without adhesive.

Can someone else analyze?

JerryRigEverything's KEYone video is out...-capture.jpg
    06-08-17 09:21 PM
    Fuuuudddgggggeeeee all this good talk is getting me too excited!!! Next week can't come any sooner , come on best buy ship it already.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 09:26 PM
    Geez...I just went on my Google browser and it seems like every article from the Verge, GSM Arena, Android Police has gotten hold of this Panel issue.
    The Verge - a few comments
    GSM Arena - a few comments
    Android Police - more comments about ads and ad blocking than the screen issue

Apparently very few outside of CrackBerry care, as suspected.
    06-08-17 09:26 PM

Lol as suspected.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 09:30 PM

Very few people care, or very few people are interested in the KEYone. I would think the most comments would come from CrackBerry because they are the largest buying group right now.
    06-08-17 09:31 PM
    The screen was still functional, just not in its slot.
    It eventually failed. When it came loose it probably fractured the ribbon, then eventually enough damage with additional flexing.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12890387
    06-08-17 09:34 PM
    wait for TCL to clarify if they in fact omitted "adhesive" or screws mistakenly or if this was how they designed it on purpose. I'm more concerned with the devices who screens simply fell out, I didn't hear complaints about adhesive until he bent the phone. I don't care about that. Save speculation get it from the horses mouth then judge their decision or oversight but as of now you don't know anything other than the aftermath
    06-08-17 09:34 PM
    It's just a phone. Don't get bent out of shape.
    06-08-17 09:58 PM
    I honest don't get the hysteria. If the screen was glued the phone would have bent at the keyboard crease and then it still wouldn't work. But everyone would be happy?

The water argument has to be the dumbest thing I've heard too. Seriously, the keyboard is going to leak like a siv! The ports are going to leak far more than the screen border. Glue on the bottom isn't going to stop water from entering around the crease either. Good grief.

The only thing that matters is if a lot of screens are easily coming apart. We have heard of what, two cases? Whenever I hear a user say it was a "light" drop, I am always skeptical. Also, I've seen "light" drops of other phones result in cracked screens all the time. What is worse, cracked screen, or one you can pop back in?

My KeyOne isn't going anywhere. Some simple advice for those paranoid over the phone:

1) Don't bend your phone with two hands!
    2) Don't sit on your phone!
    3) Don't pour liquid on your phone!
    4) Don't throw your phone!
    5) Don't drive over your phone!
    6) Don't burn your phone!
    7) Don't fry your phone!
    8) don't drop your phone in the toilet!
    9) don't cook your phone in the oven

See? Simple.
    06-08-17 10:23 PM
    I honest don't get the hysteria. If the screen was glued the phone would have bent at the keyboard crease and then it still wouldn't work. But everyone would be happy?

The water argument has to be the dumbest thing I've heard too. Seriously, the keyboard is going to leak like a siv! The ports are going to leak far more than the screen border. Glue on the bottom isn't going to stop water from entering around the crease either. Good grief.

The only thing that matters is if a lot of screens are easily coming apart. We have heard of what, two cases? Whenever I hear a user say it was a "light" drop, I am always skeptical. Also, I've seen "light" drops of other phones result in cracked screens all the time. What is worse, cracked screen, or one you can pop back in?

My KeyOne isn't going anywhere. Some simple advice for those paranoid over the phone:

1) Don't bend your phone with two hands!
    2) Don't sit on your phone!
    3) Don't pour liquid on your phone!
    4) Don't throw your phone!
    5) Don't drive over your phone!
    6) Don't burn your phone!
    7) Don't fry your phone!
    8) don't drop your phone in the toilet!
    9) don't cook your phone in the oven

See? Simple.
    Completely agree, if it's a design flaw (even if easily fixable), there will be more and more posts on this site with pics of popped screens. TCL's communication since May 31 has been pretty terrible, but let's see the response (if they address it).

Dropped mine naked a few times and once dropped kicked it in an embarassing attempt at a save and it smacked into a cabinet and the screen stayed put. I even felt around the corners for any lift and ... nothing. Happily sporting my Incipio Dual Pro case and feel even more secure (and the case is more grippy than the surprisingly slippy rubber back of the KeyONE).

But overreacting immediately and pushing the hysteria button seems more the norm these days so I'm sure people will ride the screen pop issue on this forum for days to come. I'm personally more curious to see CBK's real world stress tests involving liquid, dust and drops and how the KeyONE fares. In the meantime, enjoying the device and not even thinking about treating it with kid gloves.
    06-08-17 10:38 PM
    Damn it! After watching I feel like I should have waited! One small drop of this phone then it's done!!!!!!
    06-08-17 10:57 PM
    what the heck is holding the screen on this phone?
    06-08-17 11:00 PM
    It's just a phone. Don't get bent out of shape.
    Saw what you did there.
    06-08-17 11:06 PM
    what the heck is holding the screen on this phone?
    06-08-17 11:16 PM
    damn... every day this phone seems to have more issues. I really want one, but im in a bad signal area... my priv already has massive issues losing service, so the bad reception complaints dont bode well for me... now this? the point of having a phone like this is thats its durable and not a fragile piece of glass. sigh...
    Yep, that's what it seems like and really there's probably only a few thousand units out there and yet we read about all these issues. I for one am NOT touching this thing with a 10 foot pole even if the battery lasts for a week on charge.
    06-08-17 11:50 PM
    You don't get it. Bending is an extreme test. But without the glue the screen can fall out even all by itself, WITHOUT ANY bending. And it DOES fall out, a few instances already here on CB. I don't care if the phone bends under pressure - right usage and a good case make it completely safe. But with no glue under the screen I can't accept it, as it can break no matter how much I care for it.
    Not to mention the fact that since there is no glue and therefore no seal if it got a little rain water on it, it could seep through and destroy the insides. Good luck with trying to claim it under warranty as they'll probably say warranty doesn't cover water damage LOL
    06-08-17 11:54 PM
    Not to mention the fact that since there is no glue and therefore no seal if it got a little rain water on it, it could seep through and destroy the insides. Good luck with trying to claim it under warranty as they'll probably say warranty doesn't cover water damage LOL
    It's not IP rated anyway, is it?
    06-08-17 11:57 PM
555 ... 1213141516 ...