Made in China 🙄
    06-08-17 04:58 PM
    If I shake my Keyone extremely hard, will the screen come off? I am scared to try it.
    who the heck knows but is darn possible and thats the problem the possibility.
    06-08-17 04:58 PM
    If I shake my Keyone extremely hard, will the screen come off? I am scared to try it.
    That the answer isn't an emphatic "no" is the issue. It's not like "oh, it turns out that the adhesive we used has a specific failure condition we didn't account for", it's plain and simple "oops we forgot the glue".
    krazyatom and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-08-17 05:00 PM
    Yes, glue needed but who in the hell bends their phone on purpose with their hands?
    The Hulk?

Regardless of the force used... the lack of glue is concerning. How else is the screen supposed to stay in place? Maybe it's not happening to all but even slight drops are causing screens to detach.
    06-08-17 05:01 PM
    I am just curious about two-sided tape. Is it strong enough to prevent this type of separate if used? In other words with the frame and screen "properly" adhering to one another would that type of bending/torque still bend the phone and separate the screen from the frame? The tape after all is flexible. Or is the screen component generally so rigid that it would prevent the severe bending?

And this is an open question, not totally aimed at the person I'm quoting.
    Two-sided tape would be enough for normal usage (not bending). But I don't recommend trying to do it yourself. The screen seems to be mounted so poorly that it might never work again if you try to dismantle it for taping.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-17 05:01 PM
    Sack the tcl team right away liability comes to mind or at least suspended them immediately. Blackberry tcl do the right thing shake hands and go your separate ways.
    06-08-17 05:02 PM
    I'm wondering if the guy who decided that having a metal frame around the phone would allow the screen to just snap into place securely enough that no adhesive would be needed has already lost his job.
    Or reassigned to design Alcatels instead.
    The replies here. iphone antenna issue was 6 years ago....give it a rest. Note7 was rectified and they will sell modified note7s. They admitted and compensated quite quickly.

I know we have nay sayers' neutral and far righ bb fans here. But please dont sound like you are ready to refinance your home just to keep BB alive. Looks good from far but far from good, unless you are coming from the bold or classic. Then this is a major upgrade for you.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    This is a serious issue and will affect those on order and customers within the guarantee period. It will also affect the stock price. This is really not good engineering or quality control.
    06-08-17 05:03 PM
    What a waste of money.
    06-08-17 05:10 PM
    No, just shaking it won't do it, but if it flies out of you hand and hits something hard enough to reach the kind of extreme force that Jerry put on it, it might.
    06-08-17 05:11 PM
    Kevin jumping on this so fast smells like damage control more then anything but guess we'll see when the video comes tomorrow.
    06-08-17 05:14 PM
    No, just shaking it won't do it, but if it flies out of you hand and hits something hard enough to reach the kind of extreme force that Jerry put on it, it might.
    You don't know it for sure. That's a guess. And that's the problem.

Didn't someone post that their KEYone's screen had fallen off when they had taken it out of a pocket?
    06-08-17 05:16 PM
    Kevin jumping on this so fast smells like damage control more then anything but guess we'll see when the video come tomorrow.
    It is damage control. And I don't expect the video to be really informative, he'll find a way to make it all look fine.
    06-08-17 05:18 PM
    Kevin jumping on this so fast smells like damage control more then anything but guess we'll see when the video come tomorrow.
    yeah and then a comparison to the s8 and ip7 like people on here care for a comparison about those phones people wanna see what he got before the release and one of these phones without glue to see if they were made the same.
    06-08-17 05:19 PM
    It is damage control. And I don't expect the video to be really informative, he'll find a way to make it all look fine.
    That's what I meant but will wait to see the video. But chances are, that's exactly what will happen. I mean he is putting his iphone 7 through it as well. Must be serious if he is willing to part with that phone .
    06-08-17 05:20 PM
    Kevin jumping on this so fast smells like damage control more then anything but guess we'll see when the video comes tomorrow.
    Well it smells like TCL got on the phone and told crackberry to earn this month's cheque.
    ray689 and PALoeza like this.
    06-08-17 05:20 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out what's keeping the screen in place to begin with. Clips, force, magic? I don't want to return my device, the battery life and keyboard makes me want to keep it. I've also not had any signal issues. With that said, if I hadn't bought it already I would probably not be buying it anytime soon until they announce that they've fixed the issue.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-08-17 05:21 PM
    "It is difficult to get a man to*understand*something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-08-17 05:21 PM
    "It is difficult to get a man to*understand*something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    More meet up announcements coming tomorrow .
    cgk likes this.
    06-08-17 05:23 PM
    Well it smells like TCL got on the phone and told crackberry to earn this month's cheque.
    i mean yeah what do they think those 1200 phones sitting on a shelf in china are gonna sell themselves.
    JeBe4 and cgk like this.
    06-08-17 05:24 PM
    Ufff so glad the phone was very delayed!! Thankfully I didn't purchase one. After this video of course I won't do it either unless they fix this issue
    06-08-17 05:24 PM

Seriously guys? First Kevin and Bla1ze were shills for not commenting fast enough and now that Kevin says "I'm going to look into this..." he's somehow hiding something?! Give me a break!

I'm not thrilled with the results of the review... but I'm happy Kevin is addressing it. Hopefully TCL/BBM will act on the results. But don't start blaming Bla1ze and Kevin.
    etherspin, smertz, PALoeza and 2 others like this.
    06-08-17 05:25 PM
    Judging by this thread, guess Steve can rest easy now. He won't have to work too hard with partners to get the device stocked up again as it sounds like a lot will be returning it (Not me).
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-08-17 05:26 PM
    You don't know it for sure. That's a guess. And that's the problem.

Didn't someone post that their KEYone's screen had fallen off when they had taken it out of a pocket?
    Yes, but it's an educated guess based on a knowledge of mechanical design, strength of materials, and basic physics, not simply a fear of what might happen if...

And yes, a couple screens have become detached, but they haven't just "fallen off". Lots of people have damaged their phones by "just putting them in their pocket" and then not realizing the force they may have applied to them. One guy attached his K1 to an adhesive holder in his car and the screen came off when he forcibly ripped it off the mount.
    06-08-17 05:26 PM
555 ... 89101112 ...