Wow! Who buys smartphones to destroy them?
    Yep, You could break any phone by bending it like that. Or sitting on it like the iPhone :-)
    World War Z30 likes this.
    06-08-17 04:02 PM
    The fact that things happen (or have happened) to other phones shouldn't be used as a justification or rationalization for what's going on with the K1, though it isn't surprising to see so many people doing so.
    cribble2k and buwee like this.
    06-08-17 04:04 PM
    Exactly, how is bending a phone on purpose normal wear and tear? Any phone?
    the bending isnt the problem no phone gets used like this the problem is there is nothing under the screen.
    Johberry, ubizmo, mister2d and 1 others like this.
    06-08-17 04:05 PM
    Okay, I'm getting a a kick out of all this. Yes they need glue so it does not randomly pop out. Maybe he had pre production US model?
    Regardless, did it stop everyone from buying Nexus 6p, HTC9 , iPhone bending issues?
    We are keeping the KEYone. There is a one year manufactured defect warranty so everyone needs to relax a little. If it happens then return for new one. If you bend it on purpose then you deserve to get nothing!
    06-08-17 04:07 PM
    Ouch.

Just wrote an article here for the CrackBerry homepage here...

https://crackberry.com/jerryrigevery...hte3gQSUl0D.97

I've been beating the hell out of KEYone, so somehow feel this issue can't be representative of all units - dunno though.

I'm going to do my own Real World KEYone durability video tomorrow and see how it holds up. Will compare to Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7 Plus too...

As I wrote in the article, I'm pretty sure the folks at BlackBerry Mobile must be aware of this, so I expect we should hear something from them addressing this in the near future.
    we dont care about whats under an ip7 or an s8 we wanna know whats under the phone you got way back before release and whats under these new ones are they put together alike ?
    06-08-17 04:09 PM
    Yep, You could break any phone by bending it like that. Or sitting on it like the iPhone :-)
    Both the Priv and DTEK50 were subject to the same tests, they came out just fine.
    06-08-17 04:10 PM
    Wow.. just had flashbacks to my Drunk BlackBerry Q10 Drop Test

Johberry, howarmat and PALoeza like this.
    06-08-17 04:14 PM
    I'm actually seriously debating cancelling my order. I love the look and feel of the phone. But, while I doubt I'll bend the thing, I don't want to have to treat it like glass either.

How on earth did the design pass a quality control test? if indeed every phone has been built the same.
    better wait for adhesive addition

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-08-17 04:16 PM
    You probably missed all of the reviews where the phone doesn't bend like an accordion. Only phones in the "Shelf of Shame" failed the durability test, and as of today they are:
    • Honor 6X
    • Redmi Note 3
    • Nextbit Robin
    • Xiaomi Mi5
    • Nexus 6P
    • HTC One M9
    • BlackBerry KEYone
    06-08-17 04:16 PM
    Both the Priv and DTEK50 were subject to the same tests, they came out just fine.
    No phone comes out "just fine"... just varying levels of destroyed...
    06-08-17 04:18 PM
    Interesting reading the reactions to this video.

I know many forum users have been awaiting this video and lend ALOT of credence to this guy. This was my first viewing of any video he's ever made. And here is my initial reaction: This is an extreme test, none of what he does in the video is a concern of mine. No phone of mine has ever experienced Any of these extreme conditions - and never will. If I ever twisted a phone of mine in that manner I WOULD EXPECT IT TO BRAKE. No question.

This guy has a job to do and what he does in this video has ZERO to do with whether or not I buy a phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-17 04:19 PM
    You probably missed all of the reviews where the phone doesn't bend like an accordion. Only phones in the "Shelf of Shame" failed the durability test, and as of today they are:
    • Honor 6X
    • Redmi Note 3
    • Nextbit Robin
    • Nexus 6P
    • HTC One M9
    • BlackBerry KEYone
    Curious if they every went back and tested them after the full production cycle has passed or if the companies went with later versions.
    06-08-17 04:19 PM
    KeyOne you dead to me
    aznclam likes this.
    06-08-17 04:22 PM
    damn... every day this phone seems to have more issues. I really want one, but im in a bad signal area... my priv already has massive issues losing service, so the bad reception complaints dont bode well for me... now this? the point of having a phone like this is thats its durable and not a fragile piece of glass. sigh...
    06-08-17 04:23 PM
    Maybe he had pre production US model?
    Which begs the question, if that's the case, then what the hell are pre-production models doing in retail channels? He mentions he bought this phone in the United States, which pegs it as coming from Amazon or Best Buy.
    06-08-17 04:25 PM
    Different style of phones with full screens
    06-08-17 04:35 PM
    • Honor 6X
    • Redmi Note 3
    • Nextbit Robin
    • Xiaomi Mi5
    • Nexus 6P
    • HTC One M9
    • BlackBerry KEYone
    Umm. Don't remember iPhone 6 plus?
    Also the touch screen issues they are being sued for?

https://9to5mac.com/2014/09/30/bendgate/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ap...-idUSKCN1141OJ

Don't care about his selection. How do we know he used same strength and force on these phones as he did with Apple? Nobody knows. This is ridiculous how people are freaking out over a forced break. But ignore it happens to Apple as well.
    Yes, glue needed but who in the hell bends their phone on purpose with their hands?
    06-08-17 04:39 PM

Apple is sued over unresponsive iPhone 6 touchscreens | Reuters

Don't care about his selection. How do we know he used same strength and force on these phones as he did with Apple? Nobody knows. This is ridiculous how people are freaking out over a forced break. But ignore it happens to Apple as well.
    Yes, glue needed but who in the hell bends their phone on purpose with their hands?
    Apparently like 15 people in here who are returning/not ordering the phone lol.
    06-08-17 04:41 PM
    Anyone watching that is never going to buy the phone talk about putting a dent in sales.
    06-08-17 04:43 PM

Apple is sued over unresponsive iPhone 6 touchscreens | Reuters

You don't get it. Bending is an extreme test. But without the glue the screen can fall out even all by itself, WITHOUT ANY bending. And it DOES fall out, a few instances already here on CB. I don't care if the phone bends under pressure - right usage and a good case make it completely safe. But with no glue under the screen I can't accept it, as it can break no matter how much I care for it.
    Al moon and ilmizi like this.
    06-08-17 04:44 PM
    Just cancelled my order, when this is addressed I will pick one up.
    06-08-17 04:48 PM
    If I shake my Keyone extremely hard, will the screen come off? I am scared to try it.
    06-08-17 04:52 PM
    That sucks there's no adhesive. I have 3m tape from a a screen repair I've done on other phones. I may just add it. This is the first phone I can go over 7 hours on screen time and go all day hammering it and not need a charge. Hope they fix the future ones.
    I am just curious about two-sided tape. Is it strong enough to prevent this type of separate if used? In other words with the frame and screen "properly" adhering to one another would that type of bending/torque still bend the phone and separate the screen from the frame? The tape after all is flexible. Or is the screen component generally so rigid that it would prevent the severe bending?

And this is an open question, not totally aimed at the person I'm quoting.
    06-08-17 04:54 PM
    Who is gonna be the first CrackBerrian to attempt removing the screen and gluing it down themselves since TCL was too stupid to do it?
    I'm wondering if the guy who decided that having a metal frame around the phone would allow the screen to just snap into place securely enough that no adhesive would be needed has already lost his job.
    06-08-17 04:55 PM
    Interesting reading the reactions to this video.

I know many forum users have been awaiting this video and lend ALOT of credence to this guy. This was my first viewing of any video he's ever made. And here is my initial reaction: This is an extreme test, none of what he does in the video is a concern of mine. No phone of mine has ever experienced Any of these extreme conditions - and never will. If I ever twisted a phone of mine in that manner I WOULD EXPECT IT TO BRAKE. No question.

This guy has a job to do and what he does in this video has ZERO to do with whether or not I buy a phone.
    You missed the part when he said ONLY 6 other phones have broken when trying to bend. So this isn't the norm.
    06-08-17 04:56 PM
555 ... 7891011 ...