even with adhesive, with the bent force this guy to apply, it still going to be pop out one way or the other. (missing adhesive backing is not acceptable, with it, can prevent fall out upon dropping.. but not peel force like to bent into half he did for Mi phone). I am not happy with the phone without adhesive, but the user should not bent the phone in any event. do not put in to your back pocket of your pants. butt dailing not good, now you just have another reason not sit on it.
    06-08-17 02:48 PM
    Who is gonna be the first CrackBerrian to attempt removing the screen and gluing it down themselves since TCL was too stupid to do it?

Not that I will take that route, but I am curious to see the results of someone else trying it.
    You should start a new thread "How to glue your Keyone screen" .
    elfabio80, MyriadeCoh and Johberry like this.
    06-08-17 02:48 PM
    So in the video, he said something like 'the screen popped out, even though I was holding it back with my fingers'. So yes, he used force to bend the phone, but I think the screen alone, being just clipped in, will need much less force to pop out, when nothing holds it back in place (fingers or glue) - (un)fortunately I cannot afford to risk severe damage to test this out. I just can assess the situation from remote, based upon the user reports here on CB and in this video.

I had a K1 on preorder, to replace my first unit, which dropped signal at my home. I cancelled the order after watching the video.

I will decide on whether or not to give it another try, once TCL has made a reasonable statement to acknowledge the problem(s) and to explain how they will address them.

P.S. I still very much want a K1, but only if I can be sure it applies to the most basic quality standards.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-08-17 03:00 PM
    I don't know guys, I mean I dropped my KEYone on carpet and nothing came off. I know it's carpet but I've seen people on here complain about screen coming off with a small drop in there car or something.

I accidentally banged my KEYone against a shopping cart, dropped out of my pocket in the car while I was driving, and still nothing. I don't wanna jinx myself but I don't really find the KEYone that fragile like the video makes it seem.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-17 03:02 PM
    even with adhesive, with the bent force this guy to apply, it still going to be pop out one way or the other. (missing adhesive backing is not acceptable, with it, can prevent fall out upon dropping.. but not peel force like to bent into half he did for Mi phone). I am not happy with the phone without adhesive, but the user should not bent the phone in any event. do not put in to your back pocket of your pants. butt dailing not good, now you just have another reason not sit on it.
    I'd add: do not drop it inside your car.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:06 PM
    I'd add: do not drop it inside your car.

Posted via CB10
    Best not to take it out of the box ;-). But all jokes on the side I'm glad I seen this video and will hold out now until a later date to see if this is fixed
    ilmizi likes this.
    06-08-17 03:10 PM
    now that's a disappointment. Even if they change that i future devices mine will still have to adhesive whatsoever.
    06-08-17 03:21 PM
    Maybe it's invisible adhesive!?
    06-08-17 03:23 PM
    Maybe it's invisible adhesive!?
    oh its invisible alright, its not even there
    06-08-17 03:24 PM
    I would vote that the majority of users would never apply that much pressure to their phone.

And I know, it wasn't much pressure, but unless we have a measurement of force put on the phone, we don't know if that was more or less force than other devices. Unfortunately, although the tests look "scientific" they have too many variables for adequate comparison.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:25 PM
    The problem was known from the beginning. Watch CB Kevin's hesitation to drop-test the phone:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=7PjA3uxQu60
    06-08-17 03:27 PM
    this is actually concerning and something I will keep an eye on for official comments from BB or TCL. Im not concerned enough to return my device as I have insurance.

I too have dropped my device onto a thin carpet without a case from about waste height, but no damage too report. dropped it again today with my incipio octane pure case onto hardwood. it bounced slightly after initial impact and still no issues.
    I remember playing batch lottery with the Priv due to the screen clicking. I went through 3 bad units. The 4th still clicked but not as bad as the others so I decided to keep it.

And I waited five months for that phone to come out on Verizon. Now I'm waiting again for the Verizon version and may have to play batch lottery again?

Moto Z with keyboard mod is looking more attractive...
    this is actually concerning and something I will keep an eye on for official comments from BB or TCL. Im not concerned enough to return my device as I have insurance.

I too have dropped my device onto a thin carpet without a case from about waste height, but no damage too report. dropped it again today with my incipio octane pure case onto hardwood. it bounced slightly after initial impact and still no issues.
    Let's wait for the 3rd drop as they say "God loves Trinity".

Posted via CB10
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-08-17 03:32 PM
    Yes the test was an extreme. That's the point.

It's not to test how the device works with normal wear and tear. You may have a KeyOne for several years without any issues.

His test are made to test the extremes. If push comes to shove, can this device you paid several hundred dollars for survive?

The issue of course isn't the test. Of course it's rare that so much pressure would be applied all at once.

The fact is this: many other devices, some hundreds of dollars less are not this fragile.

And secondly: Clearly the design and build is lacking something.

It is your decision if you want to still keep your KO, or keep your pre-order, or return it. It's your money, you're the consumer, it's your choice.

Clearly the KO is a pile of junk. Made by a second rate Chinese OEM which was interested in the Blackberry name to sell a handful of devices to the Blackberry faithful who will buy anything with that name on it. And will defend it to the death.

You love the pkb, we know this, they know this, and they took advantage of that.

To TCL, the message is simple: Fix it. Make it right by your customers.

Then we can talk about restoring trust.
    06-08-17 03:33 PM
    After seeing this video and no adhesive securing the screen, I have taken the precaution of fitting two elastic bands one each end of the screen so it can not fall out, TCL should send two complimentary elastic bands and instructions where to put them, an easy cheap solution, and the bad cellular reception perhaps a plastic bumper as well because I am not holding right.
    06-08-17 03:33 PM
    What if there is normally glue but there is a batch where there is an employer screen layer forgot to glue some devices

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:34 PM
    I was really nervous about Zack doing a KEYone review given some of the issues reported with screens lifting. I love the Jerry Rig Everything channel and watch every one of his videos, but was absolutely gutted when I saw the KEYone vid come up on my YouTube feed with that sickening thumbnail.
    06-08-17 03:41 PM
    Yeh, I'll just wait for the KEYtwo...
    06-08-17 03:43 PM
    So I really think to keep my passport, but wait what Steve will say.

The issue is that the screen pop out when it bend in some way with force.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:52 PM
    My wife left the 3t for a KEYone. It is a great device. She loves it, only went to a KEYone for the keyboard. She will probably be going back to the 3t now though this ugly concern has popped up.
    I'm not a keyboard diehard. I enjoy a good PKB but not to the point where I'll sacrifice a lot of other value for it. I've been through double typing problems on two BB devices and know it's always a concern. The fact that the K1 screen is not sealed means the interior of the device is not as defended against moisture as it should be. I'm not talking about immersion, just humidity and other everyday dampness.

I'm skeptical about the possibility that TCL will do anything about this.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-08-17 03:56 PM
    The keyboard design of the KEYone makes it much more likely to fail such a severe bend test since the strong glass screen does not cover the full length of the phone.

Even if the screen was held in place securely with adhesive, the phone would still fail the bend test at the division between the keyboard and the bottom of the screen.

The only real surprise is that there was no adhesive.
    Exactly, how is bending a phone on purpose normal wear and tear? Any phone?
    06-08-17 03:59 PM
    06-08-17 04:00 PM
    Can we get CBK to get an official answer whether all K1 have the screen problem or if this one was only for a special batch of devices? and maybe also if there will be a recall for devices to get it fixed properly?!
    06-08-17 04:01 PM
    Ouch.

Just wrote an article here for the CrackBerry homepage here...

https://crackberry.com/jerryrigevery...hte3gQSUl0D.97

I've been beating the hell out of KEYone, so somehow feel this issue can't be representative of all units - dunno though.

I'm going to do my own Real World KEYone durability video tomorrow and see how it holds up. Will compare to Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7 Plus too...

As I wrote in the article, I'm pretty sure the folks at BlackBerry Mobile must be aware of this, so I expect we should hear something from them addressing this in the near future.
    06-08-17 04:01 PM
555 ... 678910 ...