I have decided to pass on getting a KEYone. Watching this leads me to believe TCL has a lot to learn. The launch alone was a joke.
    aznclam likes this.
    06-08-17 02:08 PM
    06-08-17 02:08 PM
    Must say the passport had some kind of the same issue and also in a bend test. Also my passport screen is little bit out of it's case.

So They will solve it but the big Q is, do they allready solved it or not?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 02:10 PM
    That's what the problem is, we all know these bend tests arent real world occurrences aside from mistakenly sitting on it but the fact that there is nothing to hold the screen in is a major fail.
    And I'm sure TCL is now going to see that an appropriate adhesive is added to the manufacturing process as soon as possible.
    06-08-17 02:12 PM
    Must say the passport had some kind of the same issue and also in a bend test. Also my passport screen is little bit out of it's case

Posted via CB10
    at least the pp had glue albeit a very thin strip.
    06-08-17 02:12 PM
    at least the pp had glue albeit a very thin strip.
    Yes that is true, so it is harder to pop out

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 02:13 PM
    I would say that in Bb/Tlc they had no glue... sorry no clue of this problem!! Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    Carlito27 and MyriadeCoh like this.
    06-08-17 02:15 PM
    Haha they should just send an extra screen with the phone along with some glue for when it does initially pop off.
    Won't work, moment screen pops off the flex cable rips and damages, it's not very long. Notice how Zack and @The_Q's screens stopped working.
    bjones7134 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:18 PM
    O dear this change things easily. I allready found the device to expensive and also the quality of the speakers, no stereospeaker and only 3GB and asking 600 euro instead of 500 euro, made me allready question to buy this device.

Now with this issue. Gone wait this ou and keep rocking my Passport

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    ...and the thumbnail says enough.

Wow! Who buys smartphones to destroy them?
    what would be a bad decision on your part is not returning these even if they are fine right now its clear there is something wrong with these.
    Then the question becomes, will the issue ever be addressed? I'm honestly very happy having this form factor back again and wouldn't be happy going back to full touch. So if they never fix it, I'd be stuck either putting glue down myself or missing out on a device that suits my wants/needs very well.

So flippin stupid on their part.
    etherspin likes this.
    06-08-17 02:19 PM
    The screen pop out easily, to simple.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 02:20 PM
    Then the question becomes, will the issue ever be addressed? I'm honestly very happy having this form factor back again and wouldn't be happy going back to full touch. So if they never fix it, I'd be stuck either putting glue down myself or missing out on a device that suits my wants/needs very well.

So flippin stupid on their part.
    you can always get one down the line, lets say you fix this one yourself and put glue on it then a month or two later you have a defective battery guess what they wont cover your warranty because you made repairs yourself.
    Witmen likes this.
    06-08-17 02:23 PM
    Who is gonna be the first CrackBerrian to attempt removing the screen and gluing it down themselves since TCL was too stupid to do it?

Not that I will take that route, but I am curious to see the results of someone else trying it.
    06-08-17 02:23 PM
    The screen not being secured is certainly a MFG error. We knew this 10 days ago. Like a previous poster stated, probably the easiest thing to rectify going forward. Now that this is semi-viral, BBMo is compelled to react which is a good thing.

The K1 did hold up well to the other abuse tests. I was impressed by that.
    etherspin and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    06-08-17 02:24 PM
    I think the people that have working ones love them and are hoping they just have a swap or take it here to get it fixed option. I for one want a keyone but I want one that is finished being put together properly
    Witmen and etherspin like this.
    06-08-17 02:27 PM
    06-08-17 02:28 PM
    Just wow, how sad that screen popped off, it makes me rethink my decision of ordering a K1.
    I'm curious how come only 2 screens have popped off until now since there is no adhesive to hold the screen down.

LE: I think the most sad part is that if this happens to any user, the warranty will be void in most countries where you can buy a K1 because this will be considered CID (customer induced damage) no matter how hard the user will try and explain that the screen simply fell off.
    WT44 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:29 PM
    Just wow, how sad that screen popped off, it makes me rethink my decision of ordering a K1.
    I'm curious how come only 2 screens have popped off until now since there is no adhesive to hold the screen down.

LE: I think the most sad part is that if this happens to any user, the warranty will be void in most countries where you can buy a K1 because this will be considered CID (customer induced damage) no matter how hard the user will try and explain that the screen simply fell off.
    which is why your better off returning it at this point and waiting for them to fix this hot mess
    06-08-17 02:36 PM
    What?!

You can't bend the phone in half applying 100s of pounds of pressure without causing any damage?!!

Disgraceful, this was the primary reason I bought my KEYone.

I'll definitely be returning mine.
    Last edited by The Chosen; 06-08-17 at 03:46 PM.
    Carlito27 and World War Z30 like this.
    06-08-17 02:40 PM
    Well, I've been mulling over the decision to get a KeyONE but I have to say this video has pushed me away. It's not that I expect to apply that much torque to my phone, but I do see it as suggestive of problems down the road. As others have mentioned, the absence of adhesive means another way moisture can get in. That's another way for the keyboard contacts to get sticky. I rarely drop my phones, but it would be nice to have more confidence that if I do drop it the screen won't just pop off.

In contrast, his abuse of the OnePlus 3, the other phone I'm mulling (the 3t, actually), hardly affected it at all. And the 3t is $100 cheaper.

Still mulling...
    06-08-17 02:42 PM

@Uzi the last count I saw from him was 8 CB posters reported the screen issue.
    06-08-17 02:42 PM
    which is why your better off returning it at this point and waiting for them to fix this hot mess
    I order one today and canceled my order, I'll stick with my Priv ty very much
    Btw I would say that BB/TLC will not fix the screen issue unless it will become the next equivalent of the Note 7 fiasco. Up until that point I'm pretty sure they will do jack ****, even after if a lot of ppl complain and experience this problem I can see BB/TLC being reluctant to fix the issue.

LE: Also taking a look at the K1 support page makes me even more sad, this phone has some serious issues, all over the place, from lags to phone quality and the list goes on. The only strong thing that is going for it is the battery life.
    06-08-17 02:44 PM
    I was the one to fix pkb double typing and hypersensivity on my Q10. Fixing K1 doesn't look difficult. But God! We've waited so long for that and now this phones quality is just sucks.
    The K1 looks great. The idea and balance is great. Quality control is SUCKS.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 02:46 PM
    Well, I've been mulling over the decision to get a KeyONE but I have to say this video has pushed me away. It's not that I expect to apply that much torque to my phone, but I do see it as suggestive of problems down the road. As others have mentioned, the absence of adhesive means another way moisture can get in. That's another way for the keyboard contacts to get sticky. I rarely drop my phones, but it would be nice to have more confidence that if I do drop it the screen won't just pop off.

In contrast, his abuse of the OnePlus 3, the other phone I'm mulling (the 3t, actually), hardly affected it at all. And the 3t is $100 cheaper.

Still mulling...
    My wife left the 3t for a KEYone. It is a great device. She loves it, only went to a KEYone for the keyboard. She will probably be going back to the 3t now though this ugly concern has popped up.
    etherspin likes this.
    06-08-17 02:47 PM
555 ... 56789 ...