I think they were rushing to meet the expectations and forgot to glue it.

Posted via CB10
    you dont just forget glue
    06-08-17 01:28 PM
    you dont just forget glue
    It's new feature of keyone! Modular screen! Super easy to replace it lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:30 PM
    CBK is too busy trying to figure out what to say as all he did was continuously praise the KEYone in hopes of getting people to buy it.
    In defense of CBK, a few manufacturing issues should not warrant not talking up a great phone? I can see in the products launches, Samsung thinks the Note 7 is fantastic, just make sure it doesn't explode...or Apple, the new iPhone is revolutionary, but if your antenna reception sucks, hold it like this? They are going to upsell the product because they want to sell it...and yes it is great phone still...
    06-08-17 01:30 PM
    It's new feature of keyone! Modular screen! Super easy to replace it lol.

Posted via CB10
    Haha they should just send an extra screen with the phone along with some glue for when it does initially pop off.
    Johberry and terminatorx like this.
    06-08-17 01:31 PM
    06-08-17 01:32 PM
    So we're still good right? No need to worry about our PKB phones still being released right? #deadberry

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:34 PM
    Haha they should just send an extra screen with the phone along with some glue for when it does initially pop off.
    Hahahaaaa! Right?! Yes, I want to glue it on myself, please.
    06-08-17 01:36 PM
    I think it's a glaring quality control issue and BBMobile needs to find a way to fix it. I don't think the user should be responsible.

I will say other than that the rest held up well and I honestly love mine so much so that I cant imaging switching. It's so nice not having to get my laptop out for long emails and word. I simply do it all on the keyone. This is the site we were told to report it to so I hope it is being monitored and they simply address the issues and continue to fix and improve the device because right now it is awesome but for others not so much. They need to know ASAP their options and reselotions. If BBMobile wants it to be popular like it appears to be they need to address sooner than later.
    etherspin and footnote like this.
    06-08-17 01:38 PM
    So at what percentage does a recall start? Like with the Note 7 safety drove that recall. I hope it's not all the phone, as I hoping mine isn't a non glued one. Time will tell.
    etherspin likes this.
    06-08-17 01:41 PM
    In CBK's defence his may have been fine. I doubt he tried to bend it. Mine is fine and currently defect free. If asked I would have given it a glowing review because I have had no issues but I baby my phone so it has been under no stress other than using it. However after seeing the video I am sure we all can agree it needs to be addressed. What we can't do is assume he somehow knew. I don't think he took it apart.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 01:45 PM
    Hmmm I am not sure about this. First of all it looks like he is applying quite a bit of force there. You can notice his hands shaking just before the screen comes off. It would indicate that he is applying great pressure there.
    I understand that other phones might be much more durable bend wise, but honestly this bending test is not a true real life test in my opinion. In what schenario are you gonna bend your phone? Just ask your self. How many times did it happen in last year let's say that you maybe sat on your phone? Never for me.
    A much more common scenario would be to drop the phone from various heights and see how it holds up. I have dropped my Q10 a million times and the phone is just unbreakable.

p.s. Not that it matters or I really care, but I am not a BB apologist.

Posted via CB10
    The force he uses is to test durability and to get to the point: lol - two others who merely dropped their device or woke up to a disconnected screen is more poignant here. Him force bending phones is the best method to test long term durability.
    06-08-17 01:48 PM
    I see class action lawsuit in TCL's future.
    06-08-17 01:48 PM
    One thing you can't take from Blackberry (Rim), they made them like Tanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:50 PM
    Well, this is embarrassing.
    06-08-17 01:51 PM
    Exactly, but nothing like pounding the crap out of the smallest kid on the block.
    TCL will need a statement asap but this happens to all manufacturers.
    It would not stop me from buying another KEYone once TCL makes a statement.
    06-08-17 01:53 PM
    I tweeted this video at Steve and BB Mobile...think they should recall 100% and EOL the device now..this is appalling.
    I don't have access to Twitter, but is this true? If it is then...

Edit: Wait I read that wrong. I read it as Steve C responded back and suggested they should EOL the device.

They probably should at this point though.
    06-08-17 01:53 PM
    I see class action lawsuit in TCL's future.
    Only if they deny it's an issue, do nothing and it brings undue harm to those that it happened to. TCL will replace all the devices that have no glue is my bet.
    06-08-17 01:57 PM
    This is crazy. They made an amazing phone and didn't put glue on the screen. Lol wtf???

My wife and I both love the device, both have ample amounts of time left to return them. Not sure what we're going to do at this point. I don't get the stupidity of their decision.
    06-08-17 01:59 PM
    some of the og passports had this issue, I believe there wasn't enough glue or it was just not hard enough to hold the screen. it happened to one of the pp that I owned. They should have better quality control specially if it already happened with other devices (pp) even if pp wasn't manufactured by TCL. On the other hand, are you really going to apply that much pressure on the screen? The only real situation that I see this happening is if you sit on it by accident..
    06-08-17 02:00 PM
    Love the review. Good to see how a device handles that level of abuse. I wish I knew how much force was used to bend the KEYone. I'm pretty sure any adult could break a phone in half, so the question is how likely that much force would be used.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-08-17 02:00 PM
    Jerryrigeverthing applies great pressure on all devices but only like 4 phone didn't survive so far.
    The keyboard design of the KEYone makes it much more likely to fail such a severe bend test since the strong glass screen does not cover the full length of the phone.

Even if the screen was held in place securely with adhesive, the phone would still fail the bend test at the division between the keyboard and the bottom of the screen.

The only real surprise is that there was no adhesive.
    06-08-17 02:01 PM
    This is crazy. They made an amazing phone and didn't put glue on the screen. Lol wtf???

My wife and I both love the device, both have ample amounts of time left to return them. Not sure what we're going to do at this point. I don't get the stupidity of their decision.
    what would be a bad decision on your part is not returning these even if they are fine right now its clear there is something wrong with these.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:01 PM
    I really wanted this telephone but the price is still high if you don't get stereo speakers, 4GB, reception awarness and now the screen really pop up easily.

So for 600 euro. Stop building device and start all over again with the KEYtwo

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC and aznclam like this.
    06-08-17 02:04 PM
    The keyboard design of the KEYone makes it much more likely to fail such a severe bend test since the strong glass screen does not cover the full length of the phone.

Even if the screen was held in place securely with adhesive, the phone would still fail the bend test at the division between the keyboard and the bottom of the screen.

The only real surprise is that there was no adhesive.
    That's what the problem is, we all know these bend tests arent real world occurrences aside from mistakenly sitting on it but the fact that there is nothing to hold the screen in is a major fail.
    06-08-17 02:04 PM
    I really wanted this telephone but the price is still high if you don't get stereo speakers, 4GB, reception awarness and now the screen really pop up easily.

So for 600 euro. Stop building device and start all over again with the KEYtwo

Posted via CB10
    i agree its a real shame they need to figure this out quick.
    etherspin likes this.
    06-08-17 02:06 PM
555 ... 45678 ...