If you apply your own adhesive, your avoiding the warranty. I wouldn't do it unless, your warranty is over after a year.

Posted via CB10
    True. But honestly what's the point of having a warranty if you will just get another defective one back? Plus they'll say It's not covered. Drops aren't ever covered or screen breakage.
    06-08-17 12:06 PM
    This thread needs a shade of optimism.

While it's cringe worthy and a disappointment to see the issue with the screen, I'm not about to go return my KEYone. This is not something to dismiss, but I did take note of how well everything else did hold up. I fully expected the keys and fingerprint scanner to stop working after he scratched the heck out of them. The fact they continued to work was fantastic.

To me, it looks like the screen can be carefully removed (with little ease obviously, and not high as to tear the cable) and adhesive can be added on one's own. I'd be willing to do this.

I also have a case on mine, which I'd hope helps.
    Thanks for that point of view. I'm still concerned about the screen, but you're right on about the other points. The phone is durable otherwise. Which begs the question why such little attention was paid to securing the screen. Seems an easy fix for the manufacturer.
    06-08-17 12:11 PM
    I tweeted this video at Steve and BB Mobile...think they should recall 100% and EOL the device now..this is appalling.
    Thanks for bringing it to their attention. But LMAO.

No, this is an easy fix. They just need to add adhesive to the manufacturing lines. Once they've done that, I'm buying. If not, I'm going to buy something else.

It's not a super huge problem. But if it does happen it's problematic.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-08-17 12:12 PM
    This is stupid video that is all I can say!
    06-08-17 12:13 PM
    This is stupid video that is all I can say!
    Yeah. It's stupid to show that the phone has a major manufacturing defect...
    phuoc, eldeadache, kbz1960 and 7 others like this.
    06-08-17 12:14 PM
    They forgot the but test... simulate you sitting on it... not GR std test, but good to find slight bend weakness of the device. Tcl should get someone to sit on it if they don't have test fixture. :-). Look like it is overlooked somehow by both design and test. (not stress the potential fault).

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    06-08-17 12:15 PM
    True. But honestly what's the point of having a warranty if you will just get another defective one back? Plus they'll say It's not covered. Drops aren't ever covered or screen breakage.
    There was a member who had the screen come off and he didn't even drop the phone. If you don't care about the warranty, go for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 12:15 PM
    Canceled my order :-( heartbroken to be honest.

I agree that Blaze or CBK need to put this on the main site, and hoping that the promise of TCL $$$ doesn't stop them from talking about it.
    phuoc, eldeadache, Witmen and 1 others like this.
    06-08-17 12:16 PM
    I bet CBK podcast won't talk about the jerryrigeverthing results lol.

Posted via CB10
    eldeadache likes this.
    06-08-17 12:17 PM
    wow that is very disappointing. it will be interesting to see what they do. I may return mine until this is fixed.
    06-08-17 12:18 PM
    I bet CBK podcast won't talk about the jerryrigeverthing results lol.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, they are being paid by TCL and if TCL doesn't want it addressed then they are not going to address it.
    06-08-17 12:19 PM
    Cringe worthy! Yikes. Definitely gonna return, I smell a fire sale lol
    06-08-17 12:20 PM
    LOL! Everyone is all paranoid. I'm currently enjoying my beautiful KEYone.
    06-08-17 12:20 PM
    Yeah. It's stupid to show that the phone has a major manufacturing defect...
    It is same stup to post stup comments everywhere here. No one forces you to buy. I won't torture my KEYone like that.
    06-08-17 12:22 PM
    It's almost as if I've been saying this for a few days and no one has heard me...
    06-08-17 12:23 PM
    It's almost as if I've been saying this for a few days and no one has heard me...
    Zzzzzzz
    06-08-17 12:25 PM
    It is same stup to post stup comments everywhere here. No one forces you to buy. I won't torture my KEYone like that.
    Lol torture? Nothing is holding your screen in. The tiniest amount of liquid gets on the screen it will run right into the device and nuke it. Sit down wrong and the screen could come out. Calling the video stupid is blind fanboyism at its best.

And you're right, no one is forcing me to buy the phone. Is that what your excuse is? It can be shoddily built because there isn't anyone forcing me to buy it? Classic.
    MikeX74, kbz1960, mister2d and 8 others like this.
    06-08-17 12:25 PM
    Let's all get a nokia 3310 (original, not the crappy fluorescent version lol). (j/k)
    scufutz, AllanQuatermain and The_Q like this.
    06-08-17 12:30 PM
    LOL! Everyone is all paranoid. I'm currently enjoying my beautiful KEYone.
    Good luck getting a replacement screen lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 12:32 PM
    Good luck getting a replacement screen lol.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not worried.
    06-08-17 12:33 PM
    Good call, actually. I was hoping to avoid the downtime if it were to happen to me while the device was shipped off for warranty repair, but waiting is probably the best course of action.
    06-08-17 12:33 PM
    Is someone actually sending feedback to TCL about the issues we've seen in the forums? such as CrackBerryKevin or Bla1ze??
    I don't have twitter, but I feel like you folks should barrage TCL and BlackBerryMobile's pages...

Posted via Commodore 64
    deiop likes this.
    06-08-17 12:35 PM
    Hmmm I am not sure about this. First of all it looks like he is applying quite a bit of force there. You can notice his hands shaking just before the screen comes off. It would indicate that he is applying great pressure there.
    I understand that other phones might be much more durable bend wise, but honestly this bending test is not a true real life test in my opinion. In what schenario are you gonna bend your phone? Just ask your self. How many times did it happen in last year let's say that you maybe sat on your phone? Never for me.
    A much more common scenario would be to drop the phone from various heights and see how it holds up. I have dropped my Q10 a million times and the phone is just unbreakable.

p.s. Not that it matters or I really care, but I am not a BB apologist.

Posted via CB10
    MyriadeCoh, FF22 and lei huang like this.
    06-08-17 12:36 PM
    congrats bb you made the shelf of shame.
    06-08-17 12:46 PM
    Hmmm I am not sure about this. First of all it looks like he is applying quite a bit of force there. You can notice his hands shaking just before the screen comes off. It would indicate that he is applying great pressure there.
    I understand that other phones might be much more durable bend wise, but honestly this bending test is not a true real life test in my opinion. In what schenario are you gonna bend your phone? Just ask your self. How many times did it happen in last year let's say that you maybe sat on your phone? Never for me.
    A much more common scenario would be to drop the phone from various heights and see how it holds up. I have dropped my Q10 a million times and the phone is just unbreakable.

p.s. Not that it matters or I really care, but I am not a BB apologist.

Posted via CB10
    Jerryrigeverthing applies great pressure on all devices but only like 4 phone didn't survive so far. If you been reading the forum, phone screen would come off even without the drop. Light drop on the car console area pop the screen.

Posted via CB10
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-08-17 12:52 PM
555 ... 23456 ...