this phone is like a chevy. great initial quality only.
    "Like a rock..."

06-08-17 11:23 AM
    Someone should setup a mail in service to fix the Keyone lcds, it'll be both faster and better than the actual produced models and isn't that hard, lol
    06-08-17 11:23 AM
    I'd be scared as **** to order this phone now. You are a guaranteed guinea pig... Even if you waited you'd still be playing batch lottery and with those low stock amounts your odds are worse than usual.
    That's why I just canceled my order with Amazon.
    06-08-17 11:24 AM
    I was going to buy but now am not unless this addressed. You listening BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-08-17 11:25 AM
    Haha...Sprint, smartest group around. Soon as their own technical team tore the device apart..their initial reaction is "we will wait".
    phuoc likes this.
    06-08-17 11:25 AM
    Haha...Sprint, smartest group around. Soon as their own technical team tore the device apart..their initial reaction is "we will wait".
    Thank god for Sprint and carrier testing process.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-08-17 11:26 AM
    First BlackBerry phone to recall?
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-08-17 11:26 AM
    First BlackBerry phone to recall?
    I'd be surprised if they recalled it. It was obviously a manufacturing decision. Unless tons of people complain to TCL about it I don't think they will even address it, outside of fixing it (I'd assume).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 11:29 AM
    Thank god for Sprint and carrier testing process.
    With all the delays. Its pretty clear there were more issues than "creating more stock"

Carriers might have potentially been part of the process. However internal QC testing dept did not want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. No matter how nice the phone is, its still business, and this for sure would have been a exchange, return problem on their end.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-08-17 11:33 AM
    Whoa, the moment I saw the thumbnail I'm pretty sure it'll set back all the PR advertising job BBMobile and TCL racked up for the Key1. Looking at the clean slab of LCD, it is astounding how skimpy TCL is in cutting the costs of production and maximising the profit.

I can forgive all the phones in Zack's Hall of Shame, but this glaring shod-work of K1 is unforgiveable for me, especially with that ridiculously high price tag. Not even the keyboard can convince me to touch this product anymore.

and if the naysayers come crashing at my post, I'll say that I am a loyal BB user from the Torch, Q10 and Priv, but after troubles with my Priv TWICE (2 units!) with the bootloop and now this #BBBendgate fiasco, I've lost my trust on Blackberry branding completely, 'security' be damned.
    06-08-17 11:35 AM
    That sucks there's no adhesive. I have 3m tape from a a screen repair I've done on other phones. I may just add it. This is the first phone I can go over 7 hours on screen time and go all day hammering it and not need a charge. Hope they fix the future ones.
    knightfall and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-08-17 11:40 AM
    I hope this is only with US models because I've got mine from UK
    scott8629 likes this.
    06-08-17 11:42 AM
    Definitive proof that YouTube reviewers don't really honestly review anything in order to continue getting review devices in the mail and support their lifestyle of not having a real job. Also proof that TCL is the budget manufacturer we know them to be despite an absurd asking price. And finally the fact that this shocking and hilarious problem isn't on the crackberry website shows you can no longer rely on this website for honest information.
    NO! NOT THE SHELF OF SHAME!

and wow... my soul hurt just watching him destroy that KEYone
    Guys just return your Keyone for refund if you can.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-08-17 11:45 AM
    I hope this is only with US models because I've got mine from UK
    The one in the video is American, but the first detachments were in UK models.
    06-08-17 11:48 AM
    I guess my phone is going back to Telus until problem resolved
    06-08-17 11:48 AM
    Returning mine as soon as best buy delivers
    06-08-17 11:49 AM
    This thread needs a shade of optimism.

While it's cringe worthy and a disappointment to see the issue with the screen, I'm not about to go return my KEYone. This is not something to dismiss, but I did take note of how well everything else did hold up. I fully expected the keys and fingerprint scanner to stop working after he scratched the heck out of them. The fact they continued to work was fantastic.

To me, it looks like the screen can be carefully removed (with little ease obviously, and not high as to tear the cable) and adhesive can be added on one's own. I'd be willing to do this.

I also have a case on mine, which I'd hope helps.
    06-08-17 11:50 AM
    I tweeted this video at Steve and BB Mobile...think they should recall 100% and EOL the device now..this is appalling.
    06-08-17 11:53 AM

While it's cringe worthy and a disappointment to see the issue with the screen, I'm not about to go return my KEYone. This is not something to dismiss, but I did take note of how well everything else did hold up. I fully expected the keys and fingerprint scanner to stop working after he scratched the heck out of them. The fact they continued to work was fantastic.

To me, it looks like the screen can be carefully removed (with little ease obviously, and not high as to tear the cable) and adhesive can be added on one's own. I'd be willing to do this.

Yup. This phones battery and keyboard makes it the best phone I've owned. And I've never had a blackberry before. Some screen repair adhesive would do the trick. Pathetic though that it has none. What were they thinking?
    scott8629 and elfabio80 like this.
    06-08-17 11:53 AM
    The one in the video is American, but the first detachments were in UK models.
    Holy Cow!!! I need to take pre cautions.
    06-08-17 11:54 AM

If you apply your own adhesive, your avoiding the warranty. I wouldn't do it unless, your warranty is over after a year.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 12:00 PM
    This hurts..
    06-08-17 12:01 PM
    With all the cancellations and returns, the good news is Amazon and Bestbuy will have more stock.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-08-17 12:06 PM
555 12345 ...