Meh. He's bending it wrong.
    06-10-17 01:16 AM
    Well this video is to show non real life situations to see what are the limits of a device.

And KEYᵒⁿᵉ got through quite well and much better than PRIV as he also says ( which has already now 100k clicks less).

But sadly that missing glue (which also hitted already several other real life customers) turns the whole picture in the end.

So to sum it up KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a great device what those tests concern if there is glue behind that screen.

So the question is, is there a (large trans continental) batch without glue or the complete line and how will TCL deal with it now and with is batch in the future.
    PDAJAH likes this.
    06-10-17 01:49 AM
    It's a extreem bend test and a lighter test to see if the phone could burn down CNET allready tested it and after 10 drops and smashing the screen was still there. so they decided they had to bend it , after 3 times using al there power it was still there, so they decide to bend it again using all there power and that works finaly to get the screen pop out WOW

This device i made for use and drops
    seems stupid to me

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-10-17 02:14 AM
    Free publicity. Wait...
    06-10-17 02:20 AM
    Edit: Seriously, mods? Editing the title of the post to make it look less bad for BB/TCL?

JerryRigEverything's bend test video is now at 481,000 views, making it the 2nd most viewed KEYone video of all time. It's also first in the results when you search "blackberry keyone" on YouTube.

All the positive reviews and goodwill generated with tech sites, up in smoke because they were too cheap or too dumb to spend 5 cents on glue. And the goodwill with customers was already gone due to delays.

SAD!
    I maybe will be called an apologist but it suddenly hit me that when he bent it in that extreme manner the screen did not break. It popped out. It is like an ejection mechanism if something like this were to happen to your phone. Instead of a gazillion glass shards, it pops out.
    Having recently done a cleanup of a smashed car window and getting cut by a sliver of glass is perhaps what made this occur to me.
    Squeeze some lemonade out of this "lemon" situation. Who would rather have the screen break into sharp little pieces than have it pop out?
    I realize there are some people who have reported that they had their screen come out from less than severe events. That being said, my take of jerryrigeverything (regarding the strength he exerted on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ) reminds me, of a conversation I had with someone sitting next to me on a flight ( I think it was the same flight I was on that the plane was hit by lightning (caboom- but no harm done). The guy next to me was a karate expert--that is, not only black belt, but he judged world championship karate contests. I asked him, "so if this plane crashes, and we survive but are trapped inside you can get us out using your karate skills?" "Yes," he said.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-10-17 02:29 AM
    "It's not a bug, it's a feature."
    06-10-17 02:34 AM
    I can care less about that stupid video. He's enjoying the attention and I'm enjoying my KEYone .
    So you do care then.
    06-10-17 02:39 AM
    Gotta love him for calling scalpel scuffing a phone some kind of a test. That would be like using a calculator to determine (2+2)*2 end result and calling it a math exam.
    06-10-17 02:55 AM
    These so called reviewers should test in the real world with keys in pocket and phone in back pocket etc. These so called lab tests don't tell us useful information. The Keyone is a productivity device and most people will be sensible and store in a case cover or pouch.
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    06-10-17 03:15 AM
    Especially because it's not real life situations. Bend, Burn, Scratch on purpose is ridiculous and unrealistic.
    I agree with you on this one. While this guy does it to every phone that comes out. It does show where weak spots are. Nothing more or less. The real issue is that the BlackBerry brand was so damaged by the parent this is just another nail in the box.

But look at the bright side, I'm sure Apple or Samsung will bring us a burning/exploding phone soon. So the Key one will just drop from the headlines.
    06-10-17 05:34 PM
    Was a very interesting video to watch. Goes to show how faulty the KEYone actually is, despite its seemingly sturdy looks.
    06-10-17 08:21 PM
    Was a very interesting video to watch. Goes to show how faulty the KEYone actually is, despite its seemingly sturdy looks.
    Yet Crackberry's video will show the KEYᵒⁿᵉ being the only device to survive a drop test against the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8.
    06-10-17 08:38 PM
    I maybe will be called an apologist...
    Not by me. I'm far more likely to think the overly negative hysterical posters are trolling.

The video actually re-enforced my decision to buy the phone because it did extremely well on all the pertinent tests. The bending test he performed is not applicable to any portable electronic device I carry around. The other tests that the Keyone flew through... yeah.

(OK, the lighter test was also over the top even if K1 passed)

Plus, the OP here seems to be ignoring the fact that there is indeed adhesive on the screen edges. I am not sure how many people here have tried to replace any electronic device screens, but massive amounts of glue just increase the difficulty of switching out the screen without damaging something underneath or hurting yourself (which little shards of glass).

Plus, I totally agree with you in that I would rather the screen pop out so I can put it back rather than have it break requiring a repair.
    06-10-17 08:50 PM
    Now up to 525,000 and counting....
    I bet TCL reach out to jerryrigeverything to take it down lol.
    06-10-17 10:50 PM
    I bet TCL reach out to jerryrigeverything to take it down lol.
    Actually he has posted via twitter about "Blackberry" stepping to the plate
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 10:52 PM
    Actually he has posted via twitter about "Blackberry" stepping to the plate
    Indeed.

https://twitter.com/ZacksJerryRig/st...86486255906817
    06-10-17 10:54 PM
    I bet its people clicking to see a phone bend more than anything. Besdies, this would have been something to talk about if it was a flagship phone that was distributed by carriers in the US etc. they can improve the production and show even thought its still a good device "We listened"
    06-10-17 11:49 PM
    All the tech article experts will run with this. They love Apple so will enjoy beating up Blackberry. All phones have issues, even Apple.
    bengate is apple's innovation

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-11-17 11:57 AM
43 12