Had my keyone black since November 17.
    The keyboard is great, the battery *was* great.

Now after months of delayed updates, the latest update has broken the wifi, the battery drains worse than ever but worst of all it lags and hangs on apps regularly.

I gave it a go but I'm going back to Xiaomi - it was fun with real buttons but this keyone is becoming an embarrassing costly experiment.

**sobs**
    05-23-18 09:46 AM

Now after months of delayed updates, the latest update has broken the wifi, the battery drains worse than ever but worst of all it lags and hangs on apps regularly.

I gave it a go but I'm going back to Xiaomi - it was fun with real buttons but this keyone is becoming an embarrassing costly experiment.

**sobs**
    Sorry you had/have problems with yours but my Black Edition is still going great. Have you tried a factory reset to see if it would help?

I've had mine since Sept 28 and I use:

- Mobile Hotspot during work hours for my BB Classic in order to continue using Blend on my work computer
    - Qmanager app to manage my NAS remotely
    - Waze app to avoid traffic on my way home
    - Bluetooth at various times to listen to music using CapTune app
    - Lumo Lift app to try and improve my posture
    - Lutron app to control my home smart lights
    - Carrot Rewards app to track my steps for points
    - SoundTouch app for my Bose system at home

All of this and I still don't need to recharge my battery until I go to sleep at night (remaining battery life ranges between 15% to 50% depending on my Bluetooth usage). I have many other apps but the above are the core daily ones I use. I used to leave NFC on all day too but I find I don't need to use NFC much anymore.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-18 10:29 AM

**sobs**
    1. Settings -> Storage -> Clear cache

2. Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> Storage -> Clear Cache

3. Press and hold the power button for 32+ seconds, ignoring any vibrations and anything else that may be happening

If all the above fails, back up all your data and do a factory reset
    IndianTiwari and bunjay like this.
    05-23-18 12:12 PM
    The screen of my KeyOne fell. Rogers gave me a new replacement unit. the phone is sooooo slow! I don't know why and what to do
    05-23-18 04:06 PM
    The screen of my KeyOne fell. Rogers gave me a new replacement unit. the phone is sooooo slow! I don't know why and what to do
    Did you change animation values on your old one? That can help.
    05-23-18 05:29 PM
    Did you change animation values on your old one? That can help.
    Ho do you do that? Don't think I ever did on my old one...
    05-23-18 06:40 PM
    Ho do you do that? Don't think I ever did on my old one...
    Main Settings, About, then tap the Build Number 7-10 time which enables Developer Mode. Now back out of About and open the new Developer Mode. Scroll till you see Animations. There are 3. Change them all to .5 You don't want to turn them completely off it is can affect things like the Battery charger circle and highlight.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-23-18 06:49 PM
    Main Settings, About, then tap the Build Number 7-10 time which enables Developer Mode. Now back out of About and open the new Developer Mode. Scroll till you see Animations. There are 3. Change them all to .5 You don't want to turn them completely off it is can affect things like the Battery charger circle and highlight.
    Done. How do I get out of Dev mode? Do I need to reboot?
    05-23-18 07:22 PM
    I think you have to leave it on in order to retain the amended settings
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-18 07:39 PM
    will it affect anything else?
    05-23-18 07:41 PM
    will it affect anything else?
    It will affect the DTEK security status.
    05-23-18 07:48 PM
    so how do I turn the Dev mode off?
    05-23-18 07:49 PM
    Just go back into settings, scroll down to developer and turn off developer mode.
    05-23-18 07:57 PM
    The moment your "turn it off", your revised animation settings will return to default.

There is no harm in leaving Dev mode active.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-23-18 07:58 PM
    I did but the tab is still there. not an issue? it wasn't there before I tapped 7 times
    05-23-18 07:58 PM
    ok. thanks to all of you for helping!!!
    05-23-18 07:59 PM
    The moment your "turn it off", your revised animation settings will return to default.

There is no harm in leaving Dev mode active.
    Yeah sure, you tell that to Mr. DTEK! Lol
    05-23-18 08:28 PM
    Yeah sure, you tell that to Mr. DTEK! Lol
    It's just a note that developer options are turned on. It doesn't mean anything more than that.
    05-23-18 08:29 PM
    It's just a note that developer options are turned on. It doesn't mean anything more than that.
    Just a question, why does DTEK flag it? Enquiring minds want to know!
    05-23-18 09:10 PM
    Just a question, why does DTEK flag it? Enquiring minds want to know!
    Just to make sure you're aware of it. You can really mess things up in there if you aren't careful.
    05-23-18 09:18 PM

**sobs**
    I am sorry that you encountered problems with your device. I am also having Black Edition but fortunately no issues at all. There is certainly solutions available to sort out this issue and already our friend @the_boon has given a solution which may solve the problem. My advise do try this out and it may resolve the issue.
    Cheers !
    Sigewif and the_boon like this.
    05-24-18 01:13 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, actually I had already used dev to reduce animation.
    Also clean cache many times a day.

The 32+ sec reboot seems to have helped enormously tho so, thanks to the_boon for the suggestion!

I'll stick with the k1 then as right now I can live with the wifi issue , even though I had to dust off an old router and set up a 2.4 network at home just for me!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
    05-24-18 05:12 AM
    Op, next time you want to jump ship, go with HTC, better latest hand set than xiaomi. IMHO (a bit pricy, but much better).

Posted via CB10
    05-24-18 05:23 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, actually I had already used dev to reduce animation.
    Also clean cache many times a day.

The 32+ sec reboot seems to have helped enormously tho so, thanks to the_boon for the suggestion!

I'll stick with the k1 then as right now I can live with the wifi issue , even though I had to dust off an old router and set up a 2.4 network at home just for me!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
    Excellent news . Three cheers for our friend @the_boon .
    the_boon likes this.
    05-24-18 07:33 AM
    You can post your goodbye's here -> https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...l#post13081447
    Ecm likes this.
    05-24-18 10:01 AM