I had a key2 just before Christmas and it's a bloody disappointment network wise. It's 4G is crawling, and I put a vpn on and it made it almost H/E speed and it's rubbish. My old k1 black edition is far in front of it, and I can only blame the fact the 2 is a Vodafone handset and it got hidden bloatware on it. I will miss the function key tho, but can live without it.
    03-23-19 12:41 PM
    if you mean the "speed key" several work-around are on CB for KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    03-23-19 02:02 PM
    if you mean the "speed key" several work-around are on CB for KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    But it seems like every workaround has a downside.
    03-23-19 02:09 PM
    I had a key2 just before Christmas and it's a bloody disappointment network wise. It's 4G is crawling, and I put a vpn on and it made it almost H/E speed and it's rubbish. My old k1 black edition is far in front of it, and I can only blame the fact the 2 is a Vodafone handset and it got hidden bloatware on it. I will miss the function key tho, but can live without it.
    Something is wrong with the KEY². That is not normal.
    03-23-19 02:34 PM
    oh it's sluggish at times and I even used all the lite versions of social media. I'll make sure everything is backed up and wipe it, but in honesty I don't find it a patch on this key one for feel and use.
    03-23-19 05:05 PM
    and don't laugh, but I swear it was listening as the adverts were too personalised if you get me..
    03-23-19 05:14 PM
    and don't laugh, but I swear it was listening as the adverts were too personalised if you get me..
    That has everything to do with what apps are used on the device. You mentioned social media apps - those are resource hogs and all contain spyware in some form or another.

For example, simply tapping the Google search widget in order to type a search will activate the microphone (according to DTEK). This will happen without tapping the microphone voice input option.

Now, whether or not it is actively recording and possibly transmitting anything is an open question of mine. Best to just assume they are.
    03-24-19 10:13 AM
    wrong innit
    03-26-19 05:12 AM