interesting thing to note from my experience ordering 4-5 "curved edge" screen protectors, but only receiving 1 which was actually curved:

when is wrote (all via Amazon) to say I wanted a refund... all instantly gave a refund and none wanted me to return the screen protector. so, I now have a pile of new backup (non-curved) screen protectors that I got for free!
    07-25-17 08:59 PM
    okay, here are pix of the YOUJI (curved edges) installed, finally.

looks good. and was working fine for first hour. except now... (1) makes clicking sound when I tap screen, as if there is a bit of space between protector and screen until I touch it; and (2) the android box button is not working right now.... when I click it, it either does nothing or when I give it a harder click, it goes to a previous program rather than showing me all open programs and letting me choose.

so, I fear that the adhesive is insufficient. it's a shame. sigh.

also I think this is taking on Fingerprints way worse than the actual screen. it's cloudy and messy
    07-27-17 12:07 PM
    Pix
    Attached Thumbnails I've found the perfect screen protector!-23957.jpg  
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-27-17 12:32 PM
    Pic 2 of 3
    Attached Thumbnails I've found the perfect screen protector!-23958.jpg  
    07-27-17 12:33 PM
    3 of 3
    Attached Thumbnails I've found the perfect screen protector!-23956.jpg  
    07-27-17 12:33 PM
    oooh, amazon.ca has the lamshaw. free shipping
    Too bad it isn't fulfilled by Amazon. I rarely buy anything not fulfilled by them anymore. Shipping is slow, and I have had some bad luck with chinese sellers (both orders not arriving, and fakes).
    07-27-17 03:11 PM
    Anyone having issues with the back button with a tempered glass? I replaced my plastic protector for a glass one and the back only works half the time.
    07-27-17 05:28 PM
    Anyone having issues with the back button with a tempered glass? I replaced my plastic protector for a glass one and the back only works half the time.
    I've tried plastic protectors and had the same issue with the back button. Been running screen-naked with a case for a month now.
    07-27-17 07:07 PM
    I've tried plastic protectors and had the same issue with the back button. Been running screen-naked with a case for a month now.
    Blah. I had a custom screen protector on before but I wanted to run with glass because I replaced the flipcase with a clear back case. I had no issue before. The guess I'll have to live with it
    07-27-17 07:09 PM
    okay, here are pix of the YOUJI (curved edges) installed, finally.

looks good. and was working fine for first hour. except now... (1) makes clicking sound when I tap screen, as if there is a bit of space between protector and screen until I touch it; and (2) the android box button is not working right now.... when I click it, it either does nothing or when I give it a harder click, it goes to a previous program rather than showing me all open programs and letting me choose.

so, I fear that the adhesive is insufficient. it's a shame. sigh.

also I think this is taking on Fingerprints way worse than the actual screen. it's cloudy and messy
    Insufficient adhesive... story of our lives...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-27-17 10:21 PM
    Too bad it isn't fulfilled by Amazon. I rarely buy anything not fulfilled by them anymore. Shipping is slow, and I have had some bad luck with chinese sellers (both orders not arriving, and fakes).
    But Amazon will still refund your money if the sellers do not do it for you when you contact them.
    07-27-17 10:22 PM
    But Amazon will still refund your money if the sellers do not do it for you when you contact them.
    That's true. Did it twice last xmas.
    07-27-17 10:29 PM
    Exactly my experience. Naked it is from now on.
    07-27-17 10:38 PM
    Well it's easy for you you have Kevin's fancy flip case. -shakes fist-
    07-27-17 10:55 PM
    CDMA so no update yet, but I haven't had any issues with the one I use.
    07-27-17 10:57 PM
    Yes I bought the Basstop tempered glass form amazon and while it covers every inch and curved on the sides this is a negative but I'm willing to put up with it to keep my screen covered and protected. In the meantime, I keep looking on amazon to see if i can get the same tempered glass without the black bottom with the triangle, square, circle etched out. If that wasn't there I don't think I'd have an issue as I had a regular screen protector on it and had no issues.
    07-28-17 01:11 AM
    the latest in my saga to protect the screen:

I took off the YOUJI because - within a few minutes - the adhesive was clearly not sufficient. the protector had space between it and the screen - made sounds with every touch/tap. the 3 geometric android buttons were not working.

and then a few minutes later, my screen just fell out.... and the circuit tape ripped. device useless.

thankfully, Rogers sent a new device the next day. in less than 24 hours. (I have this through work. I think biz accounts get better service). no questions asked.

but had to setup a new device... ugh. so much to customize.

one benefit: the keyboard on this device is not as stiff on the other broken device. liking typing way more!!!! almost worth all the trouble.

now... I'm afraid to put a screen protector on. but did order the new protector offered by FEITENN on Amazon.ca, because they promised full edge-to-edge curves. we'll see... if their promise is kept and if I actually use it!
    08-02-17 07:48 AM
    Same issue! Took it off and now bare no issues! Worst aft the July update too.
    08-02-17 12:50 PM
    Is it possible to uninstall the July update? Have you all removed the tempered glass and installed a normal screen protector. No protector is no otion for me. Is it possible to set the fuction key on the side to the square/taskmanager ?
    08-02-17 03:27 PM
    Gorilla 4 glass is pretty darn good already WITHOUT any screen protection!
    08-02-17 03:42 PM
    Well it's easy for you you have Kevin's fancy flip case. -shakes fist-
    I thought you were getting one from your Thunder Bay buddy?
    08-02-17 03:42 PM
    Yes I bought the Basstop tempered glass form amazon and while it covers every inch and curved on the sides this is a negative but I'm willing to put up with it to keep my screen covered and protected. In the meantime, I keep looking on amazon to see if i can get the same tempered glass without the black bottom with the triangle, square, circle etched out. If that wasn't there I don't think I'd have an issue as I had a regular screen protector on it and had no issues.
    I had a non black bezel glass screen and the problems arose!!! Maybe not a good idea until they fix the update causing the keys to desensitize!
    08-02-17 03:44 PM
    Is it possible to uninstall the July update? Have you all removed the tempered glass and installed a normal screen protector. No protector is no otion for me. Is it possible to set the fuction key on the side to the square/taskmanager ?
    Yes, you can downgrade to the April update using an autoloader (see the pinned autoloader topic) but you'll have to reinstall all of your apps and such. I personally think it's worth it. As for screen protectors, I've tried nearly all of the tempered glass ones and they all suck. I ended up getting a pack of 8 standard matte protectors on Amazon for $10 and am happy with that.
    08-02-17 04:15 PM
    I thought you were getting one from your Thunder Bay buddy?
    He sold it with his KEYone. After telling me I could have it.
    08-02-17 04:25 PM
    I had a non black bezel glass screen and the problems arose!!! Maybe not a good idea until they fix the update causing the keys to desensitize!
    Did you find one that covers the entire glass like Basstop? All the clear glass ones I find don't cover the entire screen. I didn't have a problem when it was clear.
    08-02-17 10:42 PM
154 ... 34567