@EndRacism

First: Great username.

Second: I'll try to give you useful input.

I was like you and very reluctant to leave my Passport. However, when AT&T offered the K1, I decided to try it. In short, I don't hate it, and I expected to. The BB Hub works as well or better than BB10. Keyboard browser app functions like BB10 browser but is better. Android app updates can be changed to manual and much of the google stuff can be turned off. It is serviceable as my primary device. The build quality is not as good as the Passport but its not a flagship and it was not meant to be. My hope is BBMo will produce a PKB flagship in the future and I will use the K1 during the interim. Give it a try. You can always return it if you don't like it.
    I sort of have a xmas goal, go or no go, If I bought, it would be through Amazon USA, I'll look and see what the return policy, as far as how long I'd have to try it out before it's too late to return if issues occur. For my Priv it was immediate, and for what I hear of the many issues such as call bars, call quality, lag, microphone problems, reception problems, should all be there from the get go. The screen seems to take time for some, I rarely drop a phone and that is a hard way to find out the screen pops off, I figured I'd tug at the edges with a finger nail to test? Got no idea of another way to attempt to test the screen staying on. You and others have mentioned good results which is encouraging. I guess I'm still stinging about my Priv, having taken it out of the box and traveling 12 hours cross country, which proved a disaster, super hot to touch, visibly able to watch power drop, creaky case when typing. When I got to where I was going I next day shipped myself a Passport and promptly sent the Priv back upon returning home. As well as the brand name Priv cover was crappy and rubbed phone when sliding up the screen. Anyway, thanks for positive post, appreciate it.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-03-17 08:12 PM
    I sort of have a xmas goal, go or no go, If I bought, it would be through Amazon USA, I'll look and see what the return policy, as far as how long I'd have to try it out before it's too late to return if issues occur. For my Priv it was immediate, and for what I hear of the many issues such as call bars, call quality, lag, microphone problems, reception problems, should all be there from the get go. The screen seems to take time for some, I rarely drop a phone and that is a hard way to find out the screen pops off, I figured I'd tug at the edges with a finger nail to test? Got no idea of another way to attempt to test the screen staying on. You and others have mentioned good results which is encouraging. I guess I'm still stinging about my Priv, having taken it out of the box and traveling 12 hours cross country, which proved a disaster, super hot to touch, visibly able to watch power drop, creaky case when typing. When I got to where I was going I next day shipped myself a Passport and promptly sent the Priv back upon returning home. As well as the brand name Priv cover was crappy and rubbed phone when sliding up the screen. Anyway, thanks for positive post, appreciate it.
    I would presume if you order now you'd get one with the screen appropriately attached. As for testing, frankly, it does not take a fall. The bad glue, if that is what it was, just let loose when it wanted. I seriously contorted the darn thing quite a lot trying to get it into the Tumi case I had. Seriously pressing, pushing, pulling and it never showed any signs of failure. I did that more than once after adding/removing sim card and sd-card. But a test you can do - I have a suction cup mount for my TomTom gps. It is a strong one. I attached it to each corner in turn and really tugged. Again, no sign of failure. I did it about a month later after reading about another screen popping - I wanted to be sure mine was still attached. It was.

Flash forward a month or so. Someone else mentioned a screen pop. I looked at mine and sure enough, a seam of light along the entire left edge. No pulling, no pushing no twisting, no suction. Just gave up the glue-ghost, I guess.

Less than a week later they provided me a new phone. Fingers crossed it is permanently fixed.
    10-03-17 08:35 PM
    In this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...5/index15.html
    @panopticon has made progress figuring the signal issue. See post #289
    10-04-17 12:50 PM
    Man those are good points. I still can't decide though. I feel the 32gb internal isnt worth it? But I'm 21 and the 64gb is alot of $
    10-04-17 01:42 PM
    Man those are good points. I still can't decide though. I feel the 32gb internal isnt worth it? But I'm 21 and the 64gb is alot of $
    For me 32GB is fine and I use a 64GB SD card. If I need more space, I'm not keeping my house very well. I view the K1 as a transition device. My first android to get me acquainted with the OS and its tweaks. Then buy the flagship PKB I hope BBMo releases in a year or two. Treated Z10 the same. Never loved it but learned BB10 and it led me to awesome Passport.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-04-17 02:22 PM
    Add a micro-SD card... they're cheap. The KEYone accepts cards up to 2 TB I think. In any case problem solved.
    10-07-17 09:10 AM
    If you're stinging from your bad Priv experience, no need to project that on to the KEYone. As I told you in another thread I've owned the Passport, the Priv, and the KEYone. The KEYone feels every bit as premium - if not more - than my Passport did, and that's saying a whole heck of a lot... because I loved that phone.

The Priv definitely had hardware issues but remember it was made by an ailing BlackBerry... and the KEYone is made by TCL. Brand-new devices will have some teething issues and it sounds to me like they've been sorted. The first thing I did when I got my KEYone at Best Buy was to check the manufacture date right there in the store... if it was before July 10 I was ready to promptly return it right then and there. The only real caution I'd advise when buying used is to do the same.

As for other issues, I've had none of them. Happy as a clam in high tide. Good luck.
    Last edited by vara411; 10-07-17 at 09:36 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-07-17 09:20 AM
    If you're stinging from your bad Priv experience, no need to project that on to the KEYone. As I told you in another thread I've owned the Passport, the Priv, and the KEYone. The KEYone feels every bit as premium - if not more - than my Passport did, and that's saying a whole heck of a lot... because I loved that phone.

The Priv definitely had hardware issues but remember it was made by an ailing BlackBerry... and the KEYone is made by TCL. Brand-new devices will have some teething issues and it sounds to me like they've been sorted. The first thing I did when I got my KEYone at Best Buy was to check the manufacture date right there in the store... if it was before July 10 I was ready to promptly return it right then and there. The only real caution I'd advise when buying used is to do the same.

As for other issues, I've had none of them. Happy as a clam in high tide. Good luck.
    I'm sorry but I don't buy into teething issues, for the reason being every phone is built for One Season, and it's not like a ford mustang that has been around decades of refinement, IMHO a phone must be out of the box ready or it's junk. I've been through enough phones that are fix it as it goes and that is a pathetic corporate policy! Sell phones that you know are going to need 1-2 years of fixes and then oops, hey, here's is another great phone that you need and another 1-2 years to clean out the bugs. I'm so tired of that game. And I think your the only one that says the K1 has a more premium quality than a Passport! LOL Psst, are you a sales person? LOL!
    Wezard likes this.
    10-07-17 12:33 PM
    Supertom: you covered all the issues, I'm well versed and certainly understand we all gotta go Android or iPhone. I can't even begin to think of going iPhone. At least Android has a ton of phone body styles to pick from. But I do despise Android and crap battery, endless every day app updates and that's just Android Apps and not counting third party Apps. I've tried BB Apps on Android and see no real need especially since they aren't baked in as they are on BB10. As many do, I only considered KEYONE as an Android due to PKB. I may live, and learn about K1 but right now have zero tolerance for the chance of getting defective unit.
    Hi there. I just want to give my two cents worth. I have had my KEYᴼᴺᴱ for four months. I have not had any issues with it. Love it. It did take me a week or so to learn Android. Now that that bridge is crossed, its great to not be limited the way my beloved Passport was. That was lag to me. I think my KEYᴼᴺᴱ does not lag.

Now, about the app updates. I turned those all off in settings. I only update the apps that I actually use, so no annoying, endless every app updates if you do not want them.

If you have any other questions, let us know.
    10-07-17 01:50 PM
    keyone answers all my shortfalls I had with BB10... no regerts.. I came from an iPhone 7+ and this phone kills it in every area for how I use my devices!
    Shortfalls.... Shortfalls on android are abundant. No native file manager for starters. Umm. Bloat bloat bloat.... Useless stuff you don't even need. Takes up space.. Umm hub shouldn't be an app. I would rather them came to an agreement on playstore rights then this...
    10-07-17 03:08 PM
    No native file manager for starters.
    Try looking in settings->storage

Bloat bloat bloat.... Useless stuff you don't even need.
    I thought the argument was BB10 was awesome, because everything was there, out of the box. Most of that "useless stuff" though, can be disabled. Can the sandbox or BBM for example be killed on BB10?

Umm hub shouldn't be an app.
    There shouldn't be a hub or what? I'm not following.

There are shortfalls with Android vs BB10 to be found, but those cited aren't the droids you're looking for.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-07-17 03:33 PM
    Try looking in settings->storage

I thought the argument was BB10 was awesome, because everything was there, out of the box. Most of that "useless stuff" though, can be disabled. Can the sandbox or BBM for example be killed on BB10?

There shouldn't be a hub or what? I'm not following.

There are shortfalls with Android vs BB10 to be found, but those cited aren't the droids you're looking for.
    I shouldn't have to open and close I would want like bb10 swipe back and forth "always open"
    10-07-17 03:42 PM
    I shouldn't have to open and close I would want like bb10 swipe back and forth "always open"
    Solved

Edit - Personally I prefer using the convenience key instead. Any way you slice it, the hub can remain open.
    10-07-17 03:52 PM
    Solved

Edit - Personally I prefer using the convenience key instead. Any way you slice it, the hub can remain open.
    What about my gestures.. Easy of making it simple and "it's just a swipe". Loved it I would gladly go to bb10 again. No one wanted simple " out of the box " I guess.. 😁 but you tell your friends I'm looking for pp or se. Lo
    10-07-17 03:58 PM
    What about my gestures.. Easy of making it simple and "it's just a swipe". Loved it I would gladly go to bb10 again. No one wanted simple " out of the box " I guess.. ������ but you tell your friends I'm looking for pp or se. Lo
    Okay now we're splitting hairs, aren't we? Can't swipe to see the Hub? Simple solution: Convenience key! Always there! Done! Sheesh.

As for EndRacism's diatribe on corporate phone-making policy, I think you're being a bit harsh, dude. These devices have gotten so advanced that naturally they're going to have to be treated a bit more delicately than your candybar Sanyo-SCP4000 (my first cell phone ever! Loved it) was. That said, the KEYone is built like a tank and I intend to hold on to mine for a long time.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-07-17 05:07 PM
    Okay now we're splitting hairs, aren't we? Can't swipe to see the Hub? Simple solution: Convenience key! Always there! Done! Sheesh.

As for EndRacism's diatribe on corporate phone-making policy, I think you're being a bit harsh, dude. These devices have gotten so advanced that naturally they're going to have to be treated a bit more delicately than your candybar Sanyo-SCP4000 (my first cell phone ever! Loved it) was. That said, the KEYone is built like a tank and I intend to hold on to mine for a long time.
    How about since they gave up on their own superior OS. They add all those features we had to leave because "consumers" wanted apps... it's a tool first and foremost. So I think they should have those features in the "android arean"
    10-07-17 05:10 PM
    How about since they gave up on their own superior OS. They add all those features we had to leave because "consumers" wanted apps... it's a tool first and foremost. So I think they should have those features in the "android arean"
    There are apps available if gestures mean that much to you. Having to press your home button and then the hub icon may seem like LOTS OF WORK to those who want to slide it open, but trust me, its not that hard once you get used to it.

The benefit of having phones with the apps that the customers want far outweighs having an OS (WITHOUT APPS) that almost drove your company into bankruptcy. I think BlackBerry made the right decisions.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-07-17 05:36 PM
    There are apps available if gestures mean that much to you. Having to press your home button and then the hub icon may seem like LOTS OF WORK to those who want to slide it open, but trust me, its not that hard once you get used to it.

The benefit of having phones with the apps that the customers want far outweighs having an OS that almost drove your company into bankruptcy. I think BlackBerry made the right decisions.
    Good for you. And it's not that much. I have used my keyone since July love it. It lacks real substance. And even your relpy "there's an app for that" .. No app needed on bb10 it was always there.. But apple makes swipe features and it's " omg mind blown" welcome to BlackBerry 2013.. Android is just open close open close open close. I hardlt opened anything on bb10 lol it's all hub.
    10-07-17 05:39 PM
    Good for you. And it's not that much. I have used my keyone since July love it. It lacks real substance. And even your relpy "there's an app for that" .. No app needed on bb10 it was always there.. But apple makes swipe features and it's " omg mind blown" welcome to BlackBerry 2013.. Android is just open close open close open close. I hardlt opened anything on bb10 lol it's all hub.
    Its over for BB10. I loved my Passport, but its time was over. I really don't care that apple has gestures. Whatever they do has no impact on my life, but if you are bummed about it, well sorry for you.
    10-07-17 05:53 PM
    Its over for BB10. I loved my Passport, but its time was over. I really don't care that apple has gestures. Whatever they do has no impact on my life, but if you are bummed about it, well sorry for you.
    They should make these accessible and I would love my keyone even more then I already do. And no its not I know several people with keyone who still drive the pp daily
    10-07-17 06:11 PM
    I got my Keyone and love it! It's a great device. I'm coming from an iPhone for the past 5+ years, BB before that, glad to be back. I'll now be working on my family to make the switch as I'm the lone Android users...resistance is futile!

v/r
    Wayne C.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-07-17 07:39 PM
    I'd love to buy the black KeyOne but the price is sooo steep. I hope they put the black KeyOne on carriers with a plan or reduce the price eventually. I mean the Passport was a premium flagship and even at $599 I thought they were expensive.
    10-07-17 09:28 PM
    No app needed on bb10 it was always there.. But apple makes swipe features and it's " omg mind blown" welcome to BlackBerry 2013.
    BB10 gestures were not anymore innovative, and yet you act like they were OMG mind blown. Seriously
    10-08-17 12:09 AM
    BB10 gestures were not anymore innovative, and yet you act like they were OMG mind blown. Seriously
    Didn't say they were. But seeing as it has been two years is it since PRIV. I would love to have actual headless running material and opening something shouldn't require the app to open. It's fun and great and I love my keyone. But open close open close open close. It is kinda sad.
    10-08-17 12:15 AM
    Hi there. I just want to give my two cents worth. I have had my KEYᴼᴺᴱ for four months. I have not had any issues with it. Love it. It did take me a week or so to learn Android. Now that that bridge is crossed, its great to not be limited the way my beloved Passport was. That was lag to me. I think my KEYᴼᴺᴱ does not lag.

Now, about the app updates. I turned those all off in settings. I only update the apps that I actually use, so no annoying, endless every app updates if you do not want them.

If you have any other questions, let us know.
    I been on 4 Android phones and tablets, but absolutely dislike Google Android, I'm using a N6P to experiment with by deleting and disabling all and everything Google and Android. Next step is to try out the BB Apps for everything then see how that works. What I'd worry about is what another poster mentioned, that even with trying to test their K1 for screen failure, to the point of attaching a strong suction clamp to tug on it, all test passed but then eventually light appeared from under edge of screen. Which would lead me to want to know how long the K1 is covered for manufacturer defects? (and it really it still very very early into the life of the K1 and I wonder whats going to be happening 6-8 months in as far as more screen failures. The other issues seem to be software related and probably all fixable in time, typically it seems that it takes BB Phones about 1.5 years to work out all software faults, uug!. )
    10-08-17 07:30 AM
61 123