I've been coming back to CB since release of KEYone have come to the conclusion not to buy a new KEYone at current pricing, all due to the never ending problems being posted here.

Out of curiosity sake I'll probably buy a used one within 6 months or if price for new unit drops considerably, then a new one.

I just gets my goat that after the Priv fiasco, that the KEYone wasn't tested well enough to have avoided its fiasco.

And I'm an avid BB fan, Continues to run my PPSE and PPOG. Owned a Torch, Bold, and several earlier units.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-02-17 05:25 PM
    Man you are messing out for sure.....LOL
    Use what works for you.
    10-02-17 05:31 PM
    I've been coming back to CB since release of KEYone have come to the conclusion not to buy a new KEYone at current pricing, all due to the never ending problems being posted here.

Out of curiosity sake I'll probably buy a used one within 6 months or if price for new unit drops considerably, then a new one.

I just gets my goat that after the Priv fiasco, that the KEYone wasn't tested well enough to have avoided its fiasco.

And I'm an avid BB fan, Continues to run my PPSE and PPOG. Owned a Torch, Bold, and several earlier units.
    Yeah, all the problems that are posted here in the forums are problems I have yet to experience. I guess I got lucky and received a unit that didn't have any issues (knock on wood). I've accidentally dropped my KEYone about 6-7 times already over the past 4 months and the phone (and screen) is still solid. No lag, no microphone problems, no reception problems, no software issues. I recently got a Galaxy S8, 3 days ago and still very much prefer my KEYone over it all the way and it is even speedier than it in some cases! (not all, but some!)..

Since the Sept update, I think the KEYone is now in a good place with all the common bugs fixed.
    dollface, mbirth and bill broad like this.
    10-02-17 05:39 PM
    Supertom: you covered all the issues, I'm well versed and certainly understand we all gotta go Android or iPhone. I can't even begin to think of going iPhone. At least Android has a ton of phone body styles to pick from. But I do despise Android and crap battery, endless every day app updates and that's just Android Apps and not counting third party Apps. I've tried BB Apps on Android and see no real need especially since they aren't baked in as they are on BB10. As many do, I only considered KEYONE as an Android due to PKB. I may live, and learn about K1 but right now have zero tolerance for the chance of getting defective unit.
    10-02-17 05:55 PM
    If you dislike android battery then you will absolutely hate apple's. I was reading on the verge (i think) that under heavy usage the average life of the new phone is 4 hours. That's ridiculously low even under heavy usage and they talked about how great that was. My keyone has yet to have any issues and I am getting some pretty great battery life now. Heavy usage for me (mostly video streaming and pokemon go which is a pig) is about 8-10 hours of usage. It's not even close in comparison.
    10-02-17 06:01 PM
    Supertom: you covered all the issues, I'm well versed and certainly understand we all gotta go Android or iPhone. I can't even begin to think of going iPhone. At least Android has a ton of phone body styles to pick from. But I do despise Android and crap battery, endless every day app updates and that's just Android Apps and not counting third party Apps. I've tried BB Apps on Android and see no real need especially since they aren't baked in as they are on BB10. As many do, I only considered KEYONE as an Android due to PKB. I may live, and learn about K1 but right now have zero tolerance for the chance of getting defective unit.
    As long as you get a unit made in mid july or later, you will not have the screen issues. Regarding defective units, it really is luck of the draw with ANYTHING that is mass produced.

Battery life on the KEYone is amazing! I always have it Power-Saving Mode and I normally get 2 days with regular usage and video games. Cut out the video gaming and I will get 3 days. When I get the low battery notification at 15%, it tells me it estimates I have about 8-12hrs of battery left! LOL! Which is a little annoying since I haven't figured out a way to disable the blinking low battery light.

Other than that, this phone is pretty much the best phone I've ever used.

The constant app updates is re-assuring that the developers are constantly improving their apps, the monthly Security updates are re-assuring that my phone is secured. The only BB Apps I use on my KEYone are:

1) Contacts (really much better than any other I've tried... features like search local businesses and autofill all their info is super convenient, and the option to forward all calls to voicemail for a specific contact without outright blocking them is a great feature too [my father has alzheimers and calls me like 30 times a day]).

2) Hub
    3) Password Keeper
    4) BB Keyboard
    5) BB Power Center - for adjusting the framerates, resolution, brightness of certain games/apps

I compiled a list of great free android apps that I am currently using on my KEYone here https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...-apps-1124612/
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-02-17 07:00 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the iPhone at all.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    phuoc and TGR1 like this.
    10-02-17 07:08 PM
    Obviously you are very proud of your decision not to buy a K1. I've never seen anyone write so much in a forum dedicated to the device they decided not to buy.

if you were truly as big a fan as you say, you would have already been using the device for 4mths and realized it kicks ***.
    10-02-17 07:58 PM
    Obviously you are very proud of your decision not to buy a K1. I've never seen anyone write so much in a forum dedicated to the device they decided not to buy.

if you were truly as big a fan as you say, you would have already been using the device for 4mths and realized it kicks ***.
    Absolutely i had an s7 and it was great while i had it especially the water resistance feature and some of the software for the camera is really great but i came across an absolutely splendid deal for the K1 wound up paying about $185 for it. There's just something about the pkb on the phone that doesnt even make me think about another phone right now if it was just another bb slab i wouldnt have even looked at it.
    10-02-17 09:06 PM
    keyone answers all my shortfalls I had with BB10... no regerts.. I came from an iPhone 7+ and this phone kills it in every area for how I use my devices!
    10-02-17 10:36 PM
    Yeah, all the problems that are posted here in the forums are problems I have yet to experience. I guess I got lucky and received a unit that didn't have any issues (knock on wood). I've accidentally dropped my KEYone about 6-7 times already over the past 4 months and the phone (and screen) is still solid. No lag, no microphone problems, no reception problems, no software issues. I recently got a Galaxy S8, 3 days ago and still very much prefer my KEYone over it all the way and it is even speedier than it in some cases! (not all, but some!)..

Since the Sept update, I think the KEYone is now in a good place with all the common bugs fixed.
    Where did you get your phone and what network are you using it on?
    10-02-17 11:21 PM
    Maybe I should retitle the thread and make it a sticky...

"All those who are BB fans and won't buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ, please post here"
    10-02-17 11:58 PM
    Where did you get your phone and what network are you using it on?
    I got my phone at Best buy on the US launch day, May 31st. Using the T-Mobile network. If the IMEI is any indication of when it was made (just a guess as I saw the Krypton photo showing it had the number 1 after the many zeroes) it was part of the first 7,000 that were made.
    10-03-17 12:54 AM
    Not willing to regress to such a small, odd ratio screen.
    Did I jump the gun? Is the thread retitled yet?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-03-17 06:37 AM
    OP, most KEYone issues have already been sorted out. There is basically zero chance of getting a screen lift if the phone is manufactured after July 10th. And by now most vendors/retailers have newer models stocked. The notification issues have been sorted out with september update. That leaves us with reception, but that is depending on location/carrier etc... it's not a widespread problem plaguing all phones. Besides, alot of people say simply putting a case on the phone helps with reception.

So...nothing really to worry about here, you know what you are getting.

I'd say go for it if you want an Android with a PKB and great battery life
    10-03-17 07:20 AM
    Not willing to regress to such a small, odd ratio screen.
    Did I jump the gun? Is the thread retitled yet?
    I've used the phone since June, and not once has the screen seemed too small. And it's actually okay for media consumption. Letter boxing is minimal. If a PKB is your thing, the device form factor is nearly perfect.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    10-03-17 07:27 AM

Thank you. Now the whole CB community can sleep well at night knowing that you won't be buying a new KEYone
    TCM01 and officially_juju like this.
    10-03-17 07:27 AM
    Whatever makes you happy. I use a Passport for work on BES, and K1 for personal. I purchased the k1 in June. No problems with my K1. Screen is on and running buttery smooth. Had some issues with Twitter but worked itself out after I did a factory wipe of the device
    10-03-17 07:32 AM
    There's nothing wrong with the iPhone at all.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    There really isn't, especially if you like them. We're all connoisseurs of our own taste. My wife loves her iPhone 6S Plus or whatever it is. I like BlackBerry phones. Now they've gone Android, I've followed. All good. And for those who are still digging their BB10 devices...they also work.
    10-03-17 08:06 AM
    Maybe I should retitle the thread and make it a sticky...

Not so fast...he said *new* KeyONE. OP did not rule out the possibility of getting a used one.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-03-17 08:10 AM
    @EndRacism

First: Great username.

Second: I'll try to give you useful input.

I was like you and very reluctant to leave my Passport. However, when AT&T offered the K1, I decided to try it. In short, I don't hate it, and I expected to. The BB Hub works as well or better than BB10. Keyboard browser app functions like BB10 browser but is better. Android app updates can be changed to manual and much of the google stuff can be turned off. It is serviceable as my primary device. The build quality is not as good as the Passport but its not a flagship and it was not meant to be. My hope is BBMo will produce a PKB flagship in the future and I will use the K1 during the interim. Give it a try. You can always return it if you don't like it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 11:22 AM
    Too bad you focus on negative posts....I have 2 , all black AT&T issued work phone and personal black/silver purchased from Blackberry Mobile May 31, 2017.....not one issue with either. Wonderful phone and very pretty....took a bit to get used to Android....love the phones.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 11:31 AM
    The problems seen with the KEYone is of early adoption. Unfortunately BlackBerry and now TCL, have this perception that their initial few batches of devices become demo units for those purchasing them and then all the incident management data is collected to correct future production.

I'm not saying this is actual fact and done on purpose or anything but if you wait 4 to 6 months after the release of a Blackberry device, chances are you encounter almost none of the issues reported by the first adopters. Such is the case I had with my Priv, I have almost none of the issues most early adopter Priv users had or still have e.g squishy back, battery issues, overheating etc.
    10-03-17 11:55 AM
    Should i get the at&t keyone or the black edition 64gb? The at&t version would be cheaper and they are my carrier. Are you happy with your performance? let me know
    10-03-17 02:09 PM
    Should i get the at&t keyone or the black edition 64gb? The at&t version would be cheaper and they are my carrier. Are you happy with your performance? let me know
    I have the ATT black model and its satisfactory. Yes, I would prefer an unlocked 4GB/64GB. However, was easier to get the ATT because I was due an upgrade and I didn't need to spend a chunk of cash up front. Customer service with a carrier is more robust and responsive than with BBMo. ATT is pushing updates timely thus far. You can return it after 14 days if you don't like it.
    RoseBud68 and Coltie2 like this.
    10-03-17 02:31 PM
61 123