what i cant get is what is the reason for such the long delay for Usa/Can i mean a week or so is fine but this gap in between seems to be too much.
    05-11-17 07:14 PM
    Europe sellout approaching.

On BB Mobile's UK and Germany sites: One each UK and DE retailers are out of stock. Only Pre-order available in UK. Germany still has stock. The MediaMarkt site states delivery in 3 weeks.

Though as stated by others, it is only meaningful if we know the quantities available to start with.

It's safe to say that a sellout is predictable (US Release)-uk.png

It's safe to say that a sellout is predictable (US Release)-de.png
    05-12-17 04:01 AM
    Europe sellout approaching.

On BB Mobile's UK and Germany sites: One each UK and DE retailers are out of stock. Only Pre-order available in UK. Germany still has stock. The MediaMarkt site states delivery in 3 weeks.

Though as stated by others, it is only meaningful if we know the quantities available to start with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uk.PNG 
Views:	388 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	423033

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	de.PNG 
Views:	389 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	423034
    The quantity manufactured is whatever amount TCL determined as the absolute minimum in one day production to start and then based on the previous day sales until each day adds up to another minimum. The assembly line is used only when downtime available between production run of fidget spinners....

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 04:14 AM
    The quantity manufactured is whatever amount TCL determined as the absolute minimum in one day production to start and then based on the previous day sales until each day adds up to another minimum. The assembly line is used only when downtime available between production run of fidget spinners....

Posted via CB10
    WTF is a fidget spinner? I don't know what it is but I think I want one.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-12-17 04:32 AM
    WTF is a fidget spinner? I don't know what it is but I think I want one.
    All the kids have them down here in Florida. Check out your closest Asian run dollar store or swap meet. LOL. My kids have netted a $100 bringing to school and selling to friends before warned to stop.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 04:39 AM
    All the kids have them down here in Florida. Check out your closest Asian run dollar store or swap meet. LOL. My kids have netted a $100 bringing to school and selling to friends before warned to stop.

Posted via CB10
    Must be a fishing lure for gators. Now I REALLY want one!
    05-12-17 05:02 AM
    black market might counts for some of shortage. https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-KE...UvbUpU12874312
    05-12-17 12:33 PM
    black market might counts for some of shortage. https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-KE...UvbUpU12874340
    The thing is supply is limited, and in today's global market.... I expect sales from outside the UK market are pulling devices all over the world to those FANS that want it NOW.

Problem for TCL will be if they are planning to use the UK reaction to gauge future production.
    05-12-17 01:01 PM
    It's STILL only safe to say: ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS!!

unless you consider: (pretty sure, probably, I 'd be surprised, I wouldn't be surprised, I think, I imagine, I know...but have nothing to back up HOW
    I know, I'm hoping and the ever popular.. I guess)
    as safe!!

I know.. but, I'm not tellin'
    05-12-17 02:22 PM
    Pretty funny to think that some people are still naive about a sell out in this thread. Same thing was said about the Passport and Priv yet it look what happened? Stock issues going for months at a time and rampant complaint threads flooding the forums about either not being able to order or orders being pushed back.

If you guys really want the K1, my advice? Don't hold back and purchase when it's readily available or you will come to regret being so hesitant on pulling the trigger.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-12-17 05:16 PM
    LOL, a sellout if they ever actually release it and produce more than 10,000...
    You have to be one of the most optimistic people on here lol.

OP, I'd hope since they cited demand as a reason to delay by a month, that it will not be an issue. But we'll see soon enough.

Posted with my  Classic
    05-12-17 06:59 PM
    I seem to remember reports of the Passport selling out at first.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 08:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1102592

Quite the klüster frack going on in Germany. Pre-order deliveries being pushed back. No store demos. I hope TCL gets their scheit together before North America release.
    gemoelle likes this.
    05-13-17 01:31 AM
    There is another way to handle low stock levels at launch...raise the price to temporarily constrain demand. I would argue that their mistake was announcing the price at $549 without sufficient stock to meet demand at that price. They could have launched at whatever price required to produce demand that balanced supply.

If they had launched at $849, there would be very few stock outs! I'm sure some early buyers would have complained when the prices dropped, and that's probably why they didn't do it, but if they can't meet demand at $549 for an extended period of time that means they UNDERPRICED the product.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-13-17 12:17 PM

Posted via CB10

"Asian run dollar store"?

That didn't sound racist or anything.

Couldn't you have just said "dollar store"?
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-13-17 02:00 PM
    Nope. Where I live, those stores are all owned by Indians. Practically a cartel. Just the way it is.
    05-13-17 02:27 PM
    Nope. Where I live, those stores are all owned by Indians. Practically a cartel. Just the way it is.
    Well, India is in Asia, so technically you could call your dollar store "Asian run" too if you wanted to sound like that.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 02:46 PM
    There is another way to handle low stock levels at launch...raise the price to temporarily constrain demand. I would argue that their mistake was announcing the price at $549 without sufficient stock to meet demand at that price.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Currently €599 in Germany. $1.1 = €1, you do the math. Not a low price.
    05-13-17 03:00 PM
    The best phones are refurbished! They're worked on by hand instead of going through a production line.
    05-15-17 09:51 PM
    I think that online sites such as Amazon, B and H Photo, and Best Buy will be options. I am really hoping for Best Buy, since I could order it for pickup there.
    Amazon, B and H, Best Buy? Were other Blackberry releases sold by any of them on release days?
    05-15-17 10:15 PM
    Amazon, B and H, Best Buy? Were other Blackberry releases sold by any of them on release days?
    Not sure. My last two phones were from ShopBlackBerry. I'm just throwing hope out. But from what I read in the press release stuff, we should be able to order it on May 31.
    05-16-17 12:12 AM
    I guess I was on the mark after all. Yet people in this same topic who doubted are now scrambling. Curious to see how long this goes on. Getting my device on Tuesday/Wednesday this coming week.
    06-03-17 02:12 AM
    Yes, you called it. I wonder how long before regular stock will be in place.
    06-03-17 05:29 AM
    I thought people have been saying they've 'sold out' ever since they switched to the Android OS... :P
    06-03-17 05:33 AM
    Just curious if it will be sustained the entirety of the year...

вιaсĸвεггч® ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2876) вιaсĸвεггч® ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    Every product has an initial surge in demand near the release date and the adoption curve follows the typical curve as time passes. If you expect high demand with fast stock depletion as we are presently witnessing, it is unrealistic over 6 or more months. Consumers, including CrackBerrians, tend to be irrational actors in the marketplace. This is the primary reason BlackBerry Mobile has a narrow window of opportunity to turn this product release into a success in the eyes of BlackBerry users and other consumers for whom this smartphone is targeted. It is not a general consumer smartphone; it is meant for those of us who prefer a physical keyboard over a virtual keyboard.
    06-03-17 06:05 AM
77 1234