I got s7 edge back in March waiting for the Keyone, was going to buy the Keyone and sell the Samsung.
    But I finally pulled the trigger on the Samsung Keyboard cover and I might not even bother buying the Keyone.
    Was thinking of the pros and cons, and decided with this option, I have a water proof phone, I don't always have to use the keyboard case, if the keyboard on the case gets old,I can just replace the case and not the phone.
    The case is not the best keyboard, but I heard the s8 version is improved.
    Overall, think Samsung got me now, also I like how the navigation keys are on the bottom
    Attached Thumbnails It's not a Blackberry...-fb_img_1495136371480.jpg  
    05-18-17 02:38 PM
    Sure but look at it... eeeww
    05-18-17 02:45 PM
    Sure but look at it... eeeww
    Bloatware plus that growth on the bottom. As you said. Eeeww!
    05-18-17 02:50 PM
    I had a similar dilemma, the S8 with the keyboard was calling me but in the end the Key One is perfect for me. The S8 with the keyboard cover would have cost over £200 more than the Key One, also battery life is a big deal for me and with the positive reports of Key One I was swayed and went for it. Glad I did but in fairness I never tried the S8 in the flesh with the keyboard but it just looked too unwieldy.
    05-18-17 03:05 PM
    Does it have shortcuts and qwerty navigation?
    05-18-17 03:07 PM
    Does keyboard is capacitive???
    05-18-17 03:10 PM
    what do you use for device authentication?
    05-18-17 03:11 PM
    Issshh. You use that in public?
    05-18-17 03:32 PM
    I don't like the look, but I like being able to take it off at will, doesn't lite up, so at nite it will be touchscreen typing, blocks the finger print reader,but not on the s8, it's good for people who like something like the Priv, sometimes you want the keyboard and other times you want the touchscreen,but my case is defective, space key doesn't work ugh
    05-18-17 03:35 PM
    I have s6 with keyobard but it's not as good as my keyboard but it does the job. Nothing wrong with samsung keyboard cover.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 03:40 PM
    No.....comparison....whatsoever, but if you like it.....cool. My kids have Samsung devices and the bloatware is strong and overpowering. Thanks for posting.
    05-18-17 03:50 PM
    Bloatware kills the performance of this device, I also see some device back with camera issues (could not focus)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-18-17 03:55 PM
    Hey, if you're fine with a crappy keyboard then knock yourself out, lmao.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-18-17 04:01 PM
    Bloatware kills the performance of this device, I also see some device back with camera issues (could not focus)
    This. If you want close to stock Android, oneplus 3t or Google pixel are good choice. Samsung touchwiz improved a lot but I prefer stock.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 04:13 PM
    For those complaining of Bloatware, Samsung doesn't use Touchwiz anymore. Any of the stock apps they install can also be removed now.
    05-18-17 04:19 PM
    For those complaining of Bloatware, Samsung doesn't use Touchwiz anymore. Any of the stock apps they install can also be removed now.
    You mean S8? I thought my s6, s7 both have nougat touchwiz.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 04:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    It probably does, but you can install the Experience Launcher that the S8 uses on the S7. Its fairly easy to do.
    05-18-17 04:23 PM
    It probably does, but you can install the Experience Launcher that the S8 uses on the S7. Its fairly easy to do.
    Thanks! I am using blackberry launcher with my samsungs lol

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 04:29 PM
    I got s7 edge back in March waiting for the Keyone, was going to buy the Keyone and sell the Samsung.
    But I finally pulled the trigger on the Samsung Keyboard cover and I might not even bother buying the Keyone.
    Was thinking of the pros and cons, and decided with this option, I have a water proof phone, I don't always have to use the keyboard case, if the keyboard on the case gets old,I can just replace the case and not the phone.
    The case is not the best keyboard, but I heard the s8 version is improved.
    Overall, think Samsung got me now, also I like how the navigation keys are on the bottom
    Glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully one day you'll be happy to just use the VKB.

The Galaxy S7 Edge is an awesome device, I feel like that keyboard takesaway from it though but that's just my opinion, I'd suggest exploring 3rd party VKBs like GBoard , SwiftKey, TouchPal etc...

Posted via CB10
    The S7 uses Grace UI from the Note 7, it left Touchwiz when it got updated to Nougat.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-18-17 04:33 PM
    Thanks. I thought my S7 was super fast with TouchWiz lol.
    05-18-17 05:17 PM
    The Galaxy Note 7 for the three weeks I actually had it is the best phone I've ever had. I suppose I could qualify that by saying that I didn't have it long enough to be annoyed by whatever quirks would have emerged but the battery life was 1.5-2 days, the phone was FAST, screen amazing, camera best I've ever used, especially in low light situations (I own a nightclub and produce concerts, so low light is key) and when the note 8 comes out later this year I'll be buying one of those. Note for play, KeyOne for work. That is, if they ever release the damned thing in the USA.
    buwee and bluesqueen23 like this.
    05-18-17 06:50 PM
    These are people that obviously haven't used a recent Samsung device because if they had they would know that Touchwiz is no longer being used and also has very little bloatware, I would say not much more than what Blackberry puts on their Android devices. For me, the only knock on Samsung products now is their absolute poor security update schedule otherwise it blows Blackberry's/TCL's offerings out of the water in every way.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-19-17 01:43 AM
    My personal opinion: If it works well for you and you like it, than everything is fine!

However, back last year when I got the Note 7, I was looking at the keyboard cover for the Note, which was similar to the one you got for your S7. While I get and even really appreciate the idea of having a keyboard made by Samsung for their big glass slabs, and I really do, it simply is not the same as an actual PKB you can find on a device made for it - for now only BlackBerry produces those.

There is no backlight on the keys. Typing feel seems a bit too mushy. The device really does look out of place if you ask me. The whole design of case and keyboard looks completely half-baked, it seems as Samsung looked at some old Motorola Pro phone and made a keyboard cover out of it. Considering how much Samsung advanced in terms of design and material quality over the past years, I am *very* sure they could do a much more streamlined, modern looking and especially fitting keyboard cover for their flagships.

Btw. I can second the opinions about the Note 7 around here! I had the phone for a total of what, maybe four weeks, before finally giving up on it. Doing so was rather hard, since that phone was absolutely impressive, the first one where I would really start saying "Ok, for this I could give up my PKB." - however when Samsung recalled it the second time, when even their initially revised units caught fire, I sent it back quickly. Yet because Samsung handled the way you could get your money back so poorly around here, I gave up on them - at least for the time being. The Note 8 could be a quadruple of times better than the Note 7 and tagged at a quarter of the price - I still wouldn't buy it. So far I am completely done with any Samsung products.
    05-19-17 01:57 AM
    Absolutely hideous.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-19-17 01:42 PM
    Absolutely hideous.
    reminds me of the priv
    05-19-17 03:04 PM
35 12