Ok, so I am not from the US, and in my country the symbol "$" by itself represents the local currency.

However I need to type US Dollars regularly, and the most expanded way to do so here, is with the ISO 4217 standard for it, which is "USD". As writing letter by letter each time is not practical, I thought of changing the default currency physical key set up.

For those who do not know you could do this, try:

Settings
    Language and input
    Keyboard settings
    Click on the keyboard in use
    Advanced
    Currency key

However, ISO 4217 expressions are not included in the list you can choose from. Would you use it if available? Another example € vs EUR. I think the latter is easier to differentiate. Do you agree?
    01-12-18 06:31 PM
    Ok, so I am not from the US, and in my country the symbol "$" by itself represents the local currency.

However I need to type US Dollars regularly, and the most expanded way to do so here, is with the ISO 4217 standard for it, which is "USD". As writing letter by letter each time is not practical, I thought of changing the default currency physical key set up.

For those who do not know you could do this, try:

Settings
    Language and input
    Keyboard settings
    Click on the keyboard in use
    Advanced
    Currency key

However, ISO 4217 expressions are not included in the list you can choose from. Would you use it if available? Another example € vs EUR. I think the latter is easier to differentiate. Do you agree?
    Can you use Word substitution?

Main Settings, Language-Input, BB Keyboard Settings, Prediction-Correction, word substitution, (now I chose English but ...)

Then hit the PLUS (upper right). Type "usd" (shortcut) and $ (target). The problem is that you will have to Backspace to close the gap that is created (there's a bug in Word Substitution - it used to have a backspace feature which is broken)

Translate to your language to find the feature.
    01-12-18 07:52 PM
    I'd already tried and couldn't make it work that way. Now trying to find what's wrong I see substitution works with other inputs but not with $. It's like it is disabled for that purpose. Strange.
    01-12-18 08:14 PM
    I'd already tried and couldn't make it work that way. Now trying to find what's wrong I see substitution works with other inputs but not with $. It's like it is disabled for that purpose. Strange.
    It worked on mine but mine is setup for the $ (US, here).

I used the SYM key to find the $ and just entered it. What is you PRESS/HOLD on YOUR currency KEY - do you get the options for the Euro, Yen, etc?

(oh, hmmm.... I'm on the Priv trying the Word Subst since the KeyOne is downstairs at my armchair!!!)

I would hope it works the same on the KeyOne.

It works on my KeyOne. I also setup the Euro symbol. But maybe the easiest way is to hold down the Currency Key and pick one of the alternatives.
    Last edited by FF22; 01-12-18 at 09:23 PM.
    01-12-18 08:28 PM
    F22 I guess he wants it the other way round, he wants to write "USD" fast with the currency key.

I couldn't figure that out by simple substitution, as $ = USD is not working , also $$ = USD does not work, but e.g. uu = USD works which is still faster that SHIFT+U S D
    F22 your way USD = $ works, like also I have dgr = °

But I agree it would be nice if currency key could use IS4217. And they should really allow symbols (€ $ € £) to be substituted by a word in standard word substitution, not only the other way round.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-18 07:59 AM
    So now the question is, why can't I trigger word substitution from "$" ?
    01-13-18 09:33 AM
    So now the question is, why can't I trigger word substitution from "$" ?
    Hmm. I wonder if SYMBOLS are interpreted (or not interpreted) differently. The BACKSPACE Macro that works under BBOS and BB10 used the % key to trigger certain actions (%b was backspace).
    01-13-18 10:40 AM