Does anyone else find it incredibly insane that people are excited about this phone and it's gesture capabilities. I mean BB10 perfected this year's ago! What a sham, I mean they removed the ear piece jack to sucker folks into buying more crap! Now they literally copied the bb10 gestures and are acting like it's revolutionary! Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, like come on gimme a break!

I have to hand it to Crapple, they sure know how to sell water to a 🐳 and fire in hell.

Rant over lol
    jamesharmeling and mrisad like this.
    09-14-17 02:44 AM
    While I'm sure you will find little disagreement here, are you sure this should be posted in the KeyOne section?
    09-14-17 04:50 AM
    09-14-17 05:26 AM
    Meh. BB10 copied WebOS. Circle of life.
    09-14-17 05:59 AM
    But now you know what happens when you don't market. Apple markets it. Thanks John Chen.
    09-14-17 06:10 AM
    Not for me. I'm not in the least excited for the new iPhone at all. Never felt the excitement after Steve Jobs passed away. Nothing that really wows me. I focus more on BlackBerry. I'm glad they found a way to keep on living even if it means becoming powered by Android. I'm glad I can still see and have new BlackBerry phones to use and be amazed at (even just a little bit).
    09-14-17 06:27 AM
    But now you know what happens when you don't market. Apple markets it. Thanks John Chen.
    The game was over well before John Chen got involved.
    09-14-17 07:05 AM
    The game was over well before John Chen got involved.
    Yes but he didn't learn much. Still now nothing of Keyone. If it wasn't for the die hard fans, BlackBerry Phones would be already dead.
    09-14-17 07:54 AM
    Not for me. I'm not in the least excited for the new iPhone at all. Never felt the excitement after Steve Jobs passed away. Nothing that really wows me. I focus more on BlackBerry. I'm glad they found a way to keep on living even if it means becoming powered by Android. I'm glad I can still see and have new BlackBerry phones to use and be amazed at (even just a little bit).
    Which BB phones? There aren't any.
    09-14-17 08:08 AM
    Can't compare in any way an iPhone with a Blackberry, IOS with Android or BB10, Apples with oranges, Melons with pumpkins, ...
    09-14-17 08:28 AM
    Which BB phones? There aren't any.
    I disagree - both my wife and I have PRIVs and I ran into an acquaintance last night (60+) who was rocking a KeyONE.
    09-14-17 09:54 AM
    I'm glad that the UI people at Apple are finally accepting how awful the interface has been for the past 10 years.

Steve Jobs understood that the way to the mass market for innovative hardware was through elegant, intuitive simplicity. But, the price of that approach was always inefficiency.

As the public has become comfortable with the technology, Apple has realized that they can ask people to learn more sophisticated ways of working. All I can say is, "Finally!"

I still can't stand Apple's restrictive OS and closed ecosystem, but more efficient gestures are very good news for Apple users.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-14-17 10:10 AM
    How about that charging pad that is so revolutionary? You know, just like Palm had with the Palm Pre back in 2009.
    09-14-17 01:11 PM
    One thing that was hammered into us in my business strategy course in B-school:

Bold innovation is rarely rewarded in the marketplace. The first companies to release breakthrough technologies typically fail to capture large market share. The big rewards go to "fast followers" who make incremental innovations to tailor the technology to the mass market.

That's Apple and Microsoft in a nutshelll.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 01:21 PM
    It's a gesture. Get the **** over it.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-14-17 01:51 PM
    People are not excited about the phone because of the swipe-up gesture. To the extent that people are excited, it's because of the basket of improvements.

In fact, even the swipe up gesture itself is only interesting because it allowed them to take the screen all the way to the edges. That's what's cool. I get a big screen in a smaller phone. The swipe just enables that.
    09-14-17 04:49 PM