So I got my all black AT&T from a nice guy on Craigslist for $400 and was planning on using it until the iPhone X came out, but I love this thing so much I'm no longer going to pre-order the X. Here are a few differentiating features I enjoy that most people haven't mentioned.

- my iTunes library synced via the android music cloud (up to 50k songs if anyone is wondering. This was important cause I have tons of money invested in iTunes music. Its free too!

-I bought my son a Gizmo gadget watch through Verizon which allows him to call/text 10 people. The app ran sluggish on IOS, but with the keyone it's smooth af and I enjoy texting him more lol.

- My car comes equipped with android/apple car play, but if I decide to connect via blue tooth, my car reads texts back from the android, but not my iPhone 7 +. Not sure why iPhone doesn't read texts via bluetooth..

I'm only a few days in, but battery life and the other stuff others mentioned are phenomenal! One problem I did encounter is my camera took blurry pics, but I changed the setting to focus camera before pic, so I hope that resolves it. Anyone notice any quality improvement with the AT&T Keyone compared to the original launch edition? I've read complaints of reception, but I have a constant 3 bars of 4g lte, if not more.
    09-19-17 01:00 AM
    I've been using my KEYone alongside my iPhone 7 Plus (the KEYone replaced my Classic and Silver Edition Passport).

At this point I've enjoyed my iPhone experience enough (this was my first iPhone) that I'll pre-order the X, but I think if the KEYone had come out before the 7Plus, I would have never tried the iPhone at all.
    09-19-17 01:23 AM
    yeah I feel you.. if the iPhone X was around a $850 price point I'd consider it (imessage/facetime are nice when gparents and older family wanna contact you). My God though, the keyone as a daily driver for work/grad school is insane!!! I get so much done and quickly. The battery though is literally the selling point!
    09-19-17 01:34 AM
    Going Blackberry is like taking the Red Pill.

Crackberry Kevin showed me how deep the rabbit hole goes.
    megafan2000 and confuerte like this.
    09-19-17 03:40 AM

When you think about it, the bells and whistles of the new iphone are just that. Bells and whistles. Not necessary. Great, you have wireless charging. In real world usage i prefer rapid wired charging and a battery that lasts all day.

Core phone functionality remains the same across pretty much all phones, make calls, texts, emails, internet. So battery life and PKB make the difference.

Until such time that theres a game changer like the ability to project holograms or something, im happy with my cost effective workhorse K1
    09-19-17 03:43 AM
    So I got my all black AT&T from a nice guy on Craigslist for $400
    Dat deal though omg... I woulda jumped on that in a second. Saved yourself some serious bucks with that instead of iSlab Xpensive. The amount you saved is literally enough to buy you [insert name of basically any phone except Note 8 & iPhone 8/+/X]
    09-19-17 06:12 AM
    Dat deal though omg... I woulda jumped on that in a second. Saved yourself some serious bucks with that instead of iSlab Xpensive. The amount you saved is literally enough to buy you [insert name of basically any phone except Note 8 & iPhone 8/+/X]
    Love your post, literally made me laugh!! Keep it coming, you're great!

09-19-17 06:53 AM
    Hopefully the guy who sold it to you won't file a missing phone claim gotta be careful sometimes when a deal is too good to be true.
    09-19-17 06:57 AM
    just want Verizon to carry the thing. then I will give it a shot. annoyed that they arent
    09-19-17 07:02 AM
    Hopefully the guy who sold it to you won't file a missing phone claim gotta be careful sometimes when a deal is too good to be true.
    Yeah, your absolutely correct.. I talked with him over the phone a few times to get a feel and found out he was a elementary school principal! Super nice guy, he still calls me to this day to see how I'm liking the keyone! He mentioned it was hard letting the phone go, but he was about 6'6 and said his fingers were too big for the pbk. I let him know I'm the perfect height lol
    09-19-17 08:20 AM
    just want Verizon to carry the thing. then I will give it a shot. annoyed that they arent
    Yeah I feel you, could you buy an unlocked sprint version since they run CDMA bands?
    09-19-17 08:22 AM
    Haha! Yeah I was really lucky.. There were about 3 people that contacted him on Craigslist before myself, but they wanted him to drive like 45 min away to meet up or ship the phone to Africa.. I let him know I'm normal and not a crazy on CL lol.. Yeah those other phones are crazy expensive.. I could get a used datejust Rolex for over 1k.. Lol
    09-19-17 08:26 AM

When you think about it, the bells and whistles of the new iphone are just that. Bells and whistles. Not necessary. Great, you have wireless charging. In real world usage i prefer rapid wired charging and a battery that lasts all day.

Core phone functionality remains the same across pretty much all phones, make calls, texts, emails, internet. So battery life and PKB make the difference.

Until such time that theres a game changer like the ability to project holograms or something, im happy with my cost effective workhorse K1
    Yeah I wish I could have went to one of Kevin's blackberry meet ups, maybe he will come to Sacramento for the keytwo tour! I would have jumped on this phone sooner if I had seen it earlier first hand. If they can boost the processor/ram with no loss in batterylife I could only imagine.. (Drooling)
    09-19-17 08:29 AM
    Yeah I wish I could have went to one of Kevin's blackberry meet ups, maybe he will come to Sacramento for the keytwo tour! I would have jumped on this phone sooner if I had seen it earlier first hand. If they can boost the processor/ram with no loss in batterylife I could only imagine.. (Drooling)
    KEYtwo? It's pretty clear adding a GB of RAM wasn't all that costly... same (or less). That said if they do upgrade the KEYone, it's probable going to be with the 630 Processor. I expect the KEYline is going to be designed to meet a price point.

Hopefully there will be another PKB product that they'll offer with true flagship specs. Just throw a 4000mAh battery in it and it should get most easily through a day, even with an 835 Chipset and 6GB of RAM. But then it will also not be $550 - not sure there is a viable market.
    09-19-17 09:20 AM
    So I got my all black AT&T from a nice guy on Craigslist for $400 and was planning on using it until the iPhone X came out, but I love this thing so much I'm no longer going to pre-order the X. Here are a few differentiating features I enjoy that most people haven't mentioned.

- my iTunes library synced via the android music cloud (up to 50k songs if anyone is wondering. This was important cause I have tons of money invested in iTunes music. Its free too!

-I bought my son a Gizmo gadget watch through Verizon which allows him to call/text 10 people. The app ran sluggish on IOS, but with the keyone it's smooth af and I enjoy texting him more lol.

- My car comes equipped with android/apple car play, but if I decide to connect via blue tooth, my car reads texts back from the android, but not my iPhone 7 +. Not sure why iPhone doesn't read texts via bluetooth..

I'm only a few days in, but battery life and the other stuff others mentioned are phenomenal! One problem I did encounter is my camera took blurry pics, but I changed the setting to focus camera before pic, so I hope that resolves it. Anyone notice any quality improvement with the AT&T Keyone compared to the original launch edition? I've read complaints of reception, but I have a constant 3 bars of 4g lte, if not more.
    Good choice. In my most unbiased opinion, the iPhone X is ridiculously overpriced.
    09-19-17 10:14 AM
    Now what is this? Do elaborate. This might be relevant to my interests.

[...]but they wanted him to drive like 45 min away to meet up or ship the phone to Africa.. I let him know I'm normal and not a crazy on CL lol.. Yeah those other phones are crazy expensive.. I could get a used datejust Rolex for over 1k.. Lol
    I thought this was mostly an European thing LOL. These scamming African thugs from Nigeria now also active on Craiglist? Sheesh, LOL. Always offering to pay 3 times the asking price with Western Union haha. Bunch of crazies.

I sell a lot on Dutch/German second hand sites, but I would never ever drive somewhere outside my city to meet up. It's just not worth it. If someone really wants something, they should just come and get it (or trust me enough to let me send it), but no way, I'm gonna pay gas to deliver something. P.S. Rollie for ~1K? Seller one of them African hoodlums?
    09-19-17 10:20 AM
    Yeah, your absolutely correct.. I talked with him over the phone a few times to get a feel and found out he was a elementary school principal! Super nice guy, he still calls me to this day to see how I'm liking the keyone! He mentioned it was hard letting the phone go, but he was about 6'6 and said his fingers were too big for the pbk. I let him know I'm the perfect height lol
    Wow! a person who big fingers make typing on pkb difficult, and doesn't have an even worse problem on an all slab is surprising....he should have got a Passport phone then...that's for the big boys. Maybe Blackberry should make a snap-on wrap-around keyboard adapter that makes the keys 20, 30% or however larger, for the Big paws who couldn't work with that pkb....with the same functionality capacitive touch, blue toothed or through the original keyboard.
    Naw...there really can't be very many. How big were this guys fingers to have had that problem?....otherwise time for another BlackBerry Passport form factor, yet with a Priv keyboard slider hybrid....its like having a spinner built into a phone.
    09-20-17 08:25 PM
    Wow! a person who big fingers make typing on pkb difficult, and doesn't have an even worse problem on an all slab is surprising....he should have got a Passport phone then...that's for the big boys. Maybe Blackberry should make a snap-on wrap-around keyboard adapter that makes the keys 20, 30% or however larger, for the Big paws who couldn't work with that pkb....with the same functionality capacitive touch, blue toothed or through the original keyboard.
    Naw...there really can't be very many. How big were this guys fingers to have had that problem?....otherwise time for another BlackBerry Passport form factor, yet with a Priv keyboard slider hybrid....its like having a spinner built into a phone.
    Yeah he was on the Sony Xperia.. Phone was pretty big... super nice guy though
    09-20-17 08:51 PM
    I too would like to know how you synced your itunes library to android music cloud. Is that the same as google play music?
    09-20-17 09:20 PM