So I am long time Blackberry fan, but me and my family are all currently iPhone users (mostly 7 plus). Wife and middle Daughter (19 years old, for reference) just saw my brand new CDMA Keyone. Wife said it is the most beautiful phone she has ever seen. Daughter said it was so beautiful and futuristic. Haha. Thought you all might like to hear that!
    06-14-17 08:08 PM
    Thanks for sharing and I am hoping to pick up my new Keyone at Best Buy this coming Friday.
    06-14-17 08:12 PM
    So I am long time Blackberry fan, but me and my family are all currently iPhone users (mostly 7 plus). Wife and middle Daughter (19 years old, for reference) just saw my brand new CDMA Keyone. Wife said it is the most beautiful phone she has ever seen. Daughter said it was so beautiful and futuristic. Haha. Thought you all might like to hear that!
    "Futuristic" ironic given all the banter from the pro reviewers saying "blast from the past" and most lamenting that BlackBerry is trying to resurrect a "dying" form factor. Perhaps the younger generation don't know any better and are in a better position to judge?
    bb624, MyriadeCoh and davidinLA like this.
    06-14-17 08:17 PM
    "Futuristic" ironic given all the banter from the pro reviewers saying "blast from the past" and most lamenting that BlackBerry is trying to resurrect a "dying" form factor. Perhaps the younger generation don't know any better and are in a better position to judge?
    That's so true. Considering that 19 year olds were 10 in 2008 when Blackberry was King. Most of them have never used a real keyboard on a phone...They have no reason to think of it as a "dying" form factor.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 09:29 PM
    That's so true. Considering that 19 year olds were 10 in 2008 when Blackberry was King. Most of them have never used a real keyboard on a phone...They have no reason to think of it as a "dying" form factor.
    This is how what was once old becomes new again lol. Wishful thinking!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 09:37 PM
    *my family and I

Sorry, had to be done, lol. :-P
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-14-17 10:35 PM
    I don't buy any of this dying form factor preaching. Those are simply opinions of those who write that.
    06-15-17 02:06 AM
    Last year when my friend's 9 year old daughter saw my Passport she thought it was the coolest phone she'd ever seen. She'd never seen a phone with a keyboard before and no one ever told her it wasn't cool.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    Last edited by laketrout73; 06-15-17 at 11:02 PM.
    anon(3641385) and Mirko935 like this.
    06-15-17 02:50 AM
    *my family and I

Sorry, had to be done, lol. :-P
    Yes. Don't know if it redeems me or not, but I was relaxing by the pool and had already "sampled" a couple of my favorite beers....
    06-15-17 05:31 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Will be interesting to see if they buy...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 06:04 AM
    Yes. Don't know if it redeems me or not, but I was relaxing by the pool and had already "sampled" a couple of my favorite beers....
    Honestly, more people say it your way than the correct way... Including myself, I think I probably know like 5 people tops who actually would say it that way...
    06-15-17 08:36 AM
    Honestly, more people say it your way than the correct way... Including myself, I think I probably know like 5 people tops who actually would say it that way...
    There ya go, there is no right way, just different ways
    06-15-17 08:38 AM
    That's great! I agree, it is the most beautiful phone I've ever owned or used. Enjoy!
    06-15-17 09:36 AM
    coming from iPhone 7 myself. really liking keyone. some getting used to. only ever used bb10 and ios so android has been the toughest part of transition. I also have not had any issues with keyone.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-15-17 09:40 AM
    Most people my age (20) have one of two reactions when they see my BlackBerry. They're either ex users themselves, and act hateful and aggressive towards my device, or they are blown away at how cool and different looking it is to just about every phone they've ever seen.

I don't think BlackBerry will ever be able to convince the true BlackBerry "haters" to give these phones a real try, but there are definitely a good amount of reasonable, open minded people out there who would be willing to try a BlackBerry.
    stlabrat and harvestlawns like this.
    06-15-17 10:34 AM
    That's great to hear that they like the way the phone looks. But what are their thoughts about switching from their iPhone?

Having more users is what is needed to help with the advertising, but also someone a bit younger, such as your middle daughter to show her friends and get them away from the Samsungs and iPhones is what needed. I know everyone should pick a phone that is best for their needs, but there is no more app gap, so this could be a phone for a lot more people now.
    06-15-17 12:06 PM
    iPhone friend was very impressed when I showed him the phone. He didn't like Z10, Z30 or Passport. Even my 13 year old son likes it...
    06-15-17 01:12 PM
    Thanks for sharing and I am hoping to pick up my new Keyone at Best Buy this coming Friday.
    Enjoy your new phone.....................please keep us updated on you thoughts of the phone.
    06-15-17 01:16 PM
    My twin brothers both got the KEYone last weekend, Went out for dinner and another couple joined us. Upon seeing the new BlackBerries, they both remarked...."those are some really nice looking phones". I still find it crazy that people judge a phone on how it looks, rather than how it runs....but whatevs.
    06-15-17 02:26 PM
    Agreed. I have been in computers since 1978 - started on punch cards.

Mainframes with dumb terminals ruled the world.
    Then we went to "distributed processing / client-server" - smaller servers with PCs and much of the processing done at the PC in order to cut down network traffic.

Now we're in the Web-enabled apps. A "farm" of servers pushing data out to a web page - almost back to the original setup. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-15-17 02:48 PM
    My twin brothers both got the KEYone last weekend, Went out for dinner and another couple joined us. Upon seeing the new BlackBerries, they both remarked...."those are some really nice looking phones". I still find it crazy that people judge a phone on how it looks, rather than how it runs....but whatevs.
    At church the other day I had my PRIV sitting there with the keyboard extended. A 16 year old Apple user wanders by and says, "that's pretty neat".
    twirlyboy likes this.
    06-15-17 02:49 PM
    I'm not convinced what most people react negatively to, the phone itself or that it's a BlackBerry.
    06-15-17 02:55 PM
    I'm not convinced what most people react negatively to, the phone itself or that it's a BlackBerry.
    Its the name for sure. People associate it with outdated software and no apps and even if you tell them its android, most don't even know what that is really to be honest. All they know is Samsung (even thought its android) has the apps and so does Apple. OS isn't something most really care to know about.
    Now with that said, if this phone had Samsung written on it, I would be willing to bet it would have already sold millions.
    06-16-17 11:25 AM
    What should be first. How it looks or how it runs.
    I think the running parts is more important.
    Or it should be equally
    twirlyboy likes this.
    06-16-17 11:28 AM
    Agreed. I have been in computers since 1978 - started on punch cards.

Mainframes with dumb terminals ruled the world.
    Then we went to "distributed processing / client-server" - smaller servers with PCs and much of the processing done at the PC in order to cut down network traffic.

Now we're in the Web-enabled apps. A "farm" of servers pushing data out to a web page - almost back to the original setup. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh.
    Sun Microsystems was ahead of their time, "The network is the computer."
    06-16-17 12:55 PM