07-06-17 03:20 PM
39 12
tools
    i too just received a KEYone this weekend. I agree with much that has been discussed. Coming from a Z10 with virtual KB to a new phone with HardKB is a new re-learning experience (I was a long time 9000 series user). The KEYone KB has small keys. I changed the KB profile to apply the pop-up virtual KB which drops up when a manual entry field on the screen. I find that I tend to use the virtual KB most of the time and force myself to relearn the HardKB. On other matters: the photo quality and screen resolutions and photo colors are amazing. The weight is a bit heavy -- considering that I come from a lighter Z10. Two times the KEYone self reset ... but it might have been caused by some unintended keyboard action on my part. I am also getting used to using the finger print reader ... needed to restart when the phone goes into a sleep mode. Thank goodness for full Android store access .. I missed a lot of stuff on the Z10.
    06-18-17 09:55 PM
    I had it on AT&T. was pure pure signal. popped in T-Mobile Sim and phone works amazing. seems like T-Mobile likes my KEYone better than AT&T
    A BlackBerry that works best on T-Mobile. Now we know that hell has frozen over lol. It's a first that T-Mobile provides the best support for a BlackBerry.

 C L A S S I C
    06-18-17 10:17 PM
    In the Messenger app top right your pic profile tap that , sound and notification
    I don't want to thread jack, but I tried that. The problem that I am running into is that my notification files don't show up in the list of available notifications. I checked the permission for messenger and storage is enabled. I'm going to tinker with it some more in a bit.

EDIT: I fixed it, I had the files in the Ringtones folder, in a subfolder and so messenger couldn't see it. Once I moved them to the Notifications folder it worked
    Last edited by gelatinous; 06-18-17 at 10:54 PM.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-18-17 10:28 PM
    Nice write up. I don't have one but can agree it would be a great phone if you get one with no mfg defect.
    That is true with many a phone.
    06-19-17 09:35 AM
    That is true with many a phone.
    True but this phone seems to have more than its share of issues. First batch run teething issues or design flaw, or just need to add glue?

3 more reports of the screen falling off just today.

Other than that it is a nice phone.
    06-19-17 09:50 AM
    I'm happy to report that after using my KEYone for a bit now, the battery is phenomenal, even thru set up, hotspot, wifi calling, gps etc. Very happy with it. I'm also happy to report that I haven't had any service issues with TMobile, all I did was pull my sim from my passport and pop it into the K1. VVM works well, same with wifi calling, and I'm not experiencing the issue some seem to be having with only getting a few bars, or texts taking forever to send.
    06-19-17 01:45 PM
    I have a secret theory that sometimes phones show inflated signal vs was the radio is actually picking up. I feel like my passport and my buddy's pixel would do that from time to time: it shows like 3 bars lte, then as soon as you would try to do anything with data, it would drop to a shakey single bar of 4g. wouldnt do it all the time, fairly sporadically but still very annoying, but thats just my thoughts...I haven't had this happen yet with my KEYone tho thankfully
    Last edited by twopack; 06-19-17 at 02:40 PM.
    06-19-17 01:47 PM
    Wrong thread
    06-23-17 11:06 PM
    I received my KEYone IOU earlier this week. I'm located in Canada and Canada customs held onto the package for ~7 days and we also had 2 long holidays in Quebec which didn't help with the delivery.

Thanks Kevin and Michelle for the phone and accessories.

The only thing that I noticed is that the Tumi case included is extremely tight and seems to require a lot of force to try to put it in. With the issue with the screen popping out, I didn't want to apply too much force.

Anyone else with a Tumi case notice this issue?
    07-06-17 10:07 AM

The only thing that I noticed is that the Tumi case included is extremely tight and seems to require a lot of force to try to put it in. With the issue with the screen popping out, I didn't want to apply too much force.

Anyone else with a Tumi case notice this issue?
    Yes, I noticed it was extremely tight as well, and tried to put it on the phone but thought better of it. I ended up buying a gel case which my daughter prefers.
    07-06-17 11:21 AM
    Yes, I noticed it was extremely tight as well, and tried to put it on the phone but thought better of it. I ended up buying a gel case which my daughter prefers.
    To put the KEYone into the TUMI case you have to start with the top of the phone at about half way up the case and then slide the phone up to the top of the case, then gently pop in the bottom corners.
    07-06-17 12:38 PM
    my buddy had a pixel and he runs his own custom pc company and he does a ton of email and got really frustrated on his pixel because he made so many typing errors, he's looking at a KEYone right now
    I was literally ripping my hair out of frustration!!!! Backspacing to correct touchtyping is a HUGE time waster!!!😠
    07-06-17 01:24 PM
    I also installed the BB suite on Pixel hoping for a better typing experience! Bad all around! I am using the Kb now to form this reply and have had zero typing errors!
    07-06-17 01:27 PM
    To put the KEYone into the TUMI case you have to start with the top of the phone at about half way up the case and then slide the phone up to the top of the case, then gently pop in the bottom corners.
    Thanks. I managed actually to find a video showing how to do this shortly after I wrote my post. The guy inserted the top of the KEYone into the middle of the Tumi case and then pushed the KEYone towards the top of the Tumi case. I did this and noticed that it will work but for the time being, I won't use the case because based on how tightly it fits, it will be very difficult to remove the phone from this case in case of SIM-swapping (which I do regularly because I travel).
    Last edited by lmcjipo; 07-06-17 at 05:37 PM.
    07-06-17 03:20 PM
39 12