So I got my KEYone yesterday from CBK. First off a big thank you to Kevin, you da man, I'm very grateful and loving the phone.

Couple of points for anyone out there wondering:
    -I'm using the KEYone on TMobile and I'm getting great signal. All I did was switch my Sim from my passport and popped it into the KEYone, works great. I got full bars, WiFi calling is working, and no issues with txts taking awhile to send or anything like that.
    -today is my first day on a full battery charge so we'll see how it does but so far its doing well.
    -the keyboard will take some getting used to coming from the three row on the passport, but I can already feel the muscle memory coming back.
    -one small complaint I have is with the soft nav buttons: I feel like they are pretty precise with the area you need to touch, and sometimes I actually accidentally end up touching whatever is on the bottom of the screen. Not a biggie, but I imagine that this will go away with time as I get more used to it.
    -I haven't noticed any hiccup or slowdown yet (but I don't exactly edit 4k content on my phone or make an unlink to the Mars colony). Everything is pretty smooth so far. It's already been mentioned on here, but for anyone who doesn't know or doesn't adjust options thru dev options, it helps on pretty much every phone I've done it on and that definitely holds true for this one as well.
    -overall I'm very pleased and the phone so far. I'm gonna have to get used to using android as my daily driver but I think N is up to the task to keep up with me

Bottom line: this is a great phone, but it's not for everyone. There's been tons of negative bs here on the forums. I think this phone has alot to offer. But then again if you want maxed out specs go get a oneplus or something. All I'm trying to say is that this phone has alot to offer and even if you're on the fence about it, I doubt you'll be burned for giving it a shot. Final thought: I'm sorry for all you guys still waiting to get your hands on it. I've been following this phone ever since the first renders came out back around PRIV launch and I can now say that it was well worth the wait...cheers
    rx8er, phuoc, bakron1 and 2 others like this.
    06-18-17 10:48 AM
    Nice write up. I don't have one but can agree it would be a great phone if you get one with no mfg defect.
    06-18-17 10:52 AM
    Nice enjoy it!
    06-18-17 11:02 AM
    Exactly how I felt about the KEYone. Owned mine since the end of April, bought at Selfridges. London from Carphone Warehouse. I've not had a single problem so far and hope this continues. I've previously posted here regarding a lot of negative writings and from what I can make out, apart from the genuine issues some have experienced, the majority of such posts appears to be from non KEYone owners, i.e. iPhone or old school Blackberry owners that don't/won't accept change. Hope you have no issues with yours, just like me.
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-18-17 11:08 AM
    I had it on AT&T. was pure pure signal. popped in T-Mobile Sim and phone works amazing. seems like T-Mobile likes my KEYone better than AT&T
    06-18-17 11:20 AM
    Exactly how I felt about the KEYone. Owned mine since the end of April, bought at Selfridges. London from Carphone Warehouse. I've not had a single problem so far and hope this continues. I've previously posted here regarding a lot of negative writings and from what I can make out, apart from the genuine issues some have experienced, the majority of such posts appears to be from non KEYone owners, i.e. iPhone or old school Blackberry owners that don't/won't accept change. Hope you have no issues with yours, just like me.
    I agree 👍 with you most of negative opinions come from non KEYone owners and this really very odd and inexplicable
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-18-17 11:26 AM
    Really good reading your thoughts. I received mine on the 31st, and it's been a joy to use. Beware, you may be accused by some of being on the payroll of BBMo since your received your unit from CBK! Ahaha! It's a great phone, and as you tweak the setup and get used to using it, it will only get better! Thanks again for sharing.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-18-17 11:37 AM
    I have had mine for 1 week and have had none of the flaws mentioned. I so missed the physical keyboard. Phone is plenty responsive and the shortcut keys were sorely missed. This is an honest to goodness workhorse business phone. I like the screen size and clarity. I really haven't had any bad experiences yet. I wish this had been the first Android BlackBerry.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-18-17 11:40 AM
    Lucky lucky. Wish I had win one.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 11:55 AM
    Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your new toy.
    06-18-17 12:49 PM
    So I got my KEYone yesterday from CBK. First off a big thank you to Kevin, you da man, I'm very grateful and loving the phone.

-I'm using the KEYone on TMobile and I'm getting great signal. All I did was switch my Sim from my passport and popped it into the KEYone, works great. I got full bars, WiFi calling is working, and no issues with txts taking awhile to send or anything like that.
    -today is my first day on a full battery charge so we'll see how it does but so far its doing well.
    -the keyboard will take some getting used to coming from the three row on the passport, but I can already feel the muscle memory coming back.
    -one small complaint I have is with the soft nav buttons: I feel like they are pretty precise with the area you need to touch, and sometimes I actually accidentally end up touching whatever is on the bottom of the screen. Not a biggie, but I imagine that this will go away with time as I get more used to it.
    -I haven't noticed any hiccup or slowdown yet (but I don't exactly edit 4k content on my phone or make an unlink to the Mars colony). Everything is pretty smooth so far. It's already been mentioned on here, but for anyone who doesn't know or doesn't adjust options thru dev options, it helps on pretty much every phone I've done it on and that definitely holds true for this one as well.
    -overall I'm very pleased and the phone so far. I'm gonna have to get used to using android as my daily driver but I think N is up to the task to keep up with me

Bottom line: this is a great phone, but it's not for everyone. There's been tons of negative bs here on the forums. I think this phone has alot to offer. But then again if you want maxed out specs go get a oneplus or something. All I'm trying to say is that this phone has alot to offer and even if you're on the fence about it, I doubt you'll be burned for giving it a shot. Final thought: I'm sorry for all you guys still waiting to get your hands on it. I've been following this phone ever since the first renders came out back around PRIV launch and I can now say that it was well worth the wait...cheers
    Agreed and was in the same boat as well! Been a fanboy since we laid eyes on the K1. I love the touchtyping accuracy you get! It's so much better to use a kb'd device! I switched to the Google Pixel xl 128gb due to the charger port malfunctioning in the PRIV after a years usage. And I got the PRIV on launch week as well! I liked the Pixel but having lots of errors touchtyping was a real turnoff and caused me lots of grief! I'm in a business where I have to answer alot of emails
    06-18-17 01:02 PM
    Agreed and was in the same boat as well! Been a fanboy since we laid eyes on the K1. I love the touchtyping accuracy you get! It's so much better to use a kb'd device! I switched to the Google Pixel xl 128gb due to the charger port malfunctioning in the PRIV after a years usage. And I got the PRIV on launch week as well! I liked the Pixel but having lots of errors touchtyping was a real turnoff and caused me lots of grief! I'm in a business where I have to answer alot of emails
    Why don't you try installing BlackBerry virtual keyboard? I think it's very good.
    06-18-17 01:25 PM
    my buddy had a pixel and he runs his own custom pc company and he does a ton of email and got really frustrated on his pixel because he made so many typing errors, he's looking at a KEYone right now
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-18-17 02:02 PM
    Why don't you try installing BlackBerry virtual keyboard? I think it's very good.
    Can you get just the kb?
    06-18-17 03:22 PM
    Can you get just the kb?
    Of course you can get the BlackBerry keyboard. Just look at Google play store. I think it should be there. Or isn't it?
    06-18-17 03:37 PM
    Of course you can get the BlackBerry keyboard. Just look at Google play store. I think it should be there. Or isn't it?
    I had looked awhile back and didn't see just the kb which is the only thing I'm interested in.
    06-18-17 03:57 PM
    I had looked awhile back and didn't see just the kb which is the only thing I'm interested in.
    I searched it just now in the play store. It's there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 04:01 PM
    I searched it just now in the play store. It's there.
    Thanks
    06-18-17 04:36 PM
    I think it shows up in the play store if you actually own a BlackDroid, but if not, the hub+ suite doesn't include the keyboard. You could do the cobalt method. If you search on here for priv apps working without root, it'll tell you how. Did it for my mom's Moto G5 Plus and it worked.

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...quired-1059855
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 04:42 PM
    Hey congrats Twopack! I hope you really enjoy it! :-)
    06-18-17 04:42 PM
    I think it shows up in the play store if you actually own a BlackDroid, but if not, the hub+ suite doesn't include the keyboard. You could do the cobalt method. If you search on here for priv apps working without root, it'll tell you how. Did it for my mom's Moto G5 Plus and it worked.

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...quired-1059855
    Yep, looked and blackberry stuff but no keyboard. Thanks
    06-18-17 04:53 PM

Great write up until the bs part. Yes some people complain just to complain but many people are having legitimate issues.
    06-18-17 05:47 PM
    Enjoy the device!!
    06-18-17 08:15 PM
    I am one of the winners from the happy thoughts give away. I received my Keyone yesterday afternoon and haven't been able to put it down since.

The phone is just amazing. My unit has some uneven backlighting in the keyboard, but it doesn't bother me at all, because hey, free phone. The TUMI case is a tight fit, the buttons on the case are a little rattly, but again, I don't care.

Prior to the Keyone I had a Passport and I've found myself still swiping down to try and get the numbers/symbols. Overall I like the passport keyboard a little better, just because I have large hands so the larger keys of the passport feel better to me. I'm still typing up a storm with the key one though as the learning curve is pretty low after coming from the passport.

I've turned off WiFi calling as I have strong cellular signal at my place with unlimited North America calling and texting. My speaker seems nice and loud, and the few calls I've made have been crystal clear.

I just finished an international phone call and the person on the other end said I sounded a little muffled, but that could be down to the connection. All in all I'm very happy with this device.

I've been struggling a little getting used to Android again, figuring out where all the options are and some quirks (like why facebook messenger wont let me set a custom notification, it can't find them).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 08:22 PM
    In the Messenger app top right your pic profile tap that , sound and notification
    06-18-17 08:39 PM
39 12