HI

This is my first post to this forum. I have just got my Blackberry Keyone and it feels good to be able to relive some old memories.

When I saw this phone I was very excited - a brilliant keyboard with the power of Android. I am partially sighted so I heavily use an accessibility feature in Android called 'Inverted Colours' or 'Negative Colours' or 'Colour Inversion' as its named on the Keyone.

On my current and previous Samsungs I have been able to trigger a feature called 'Direct Acces' which is a triple tap home button to trigger any accessibility feature on or off - Negative colours in this case. In the new Galaxy S8 - this is now mapped to using Power Key + Volume Down to toggle negative colours on or off.

I thought I'd be able to map this shortcut to the convenience key but I've had on luck. There doesn't seem to be any option to have a keyboard shortcut for it either. I heavily rely on this feature as it helps me read with a black background with white writing and back to normal when I need to see pictures.

I really need a shortcut for this feature as going into settings and accessibility is extremely cumbersome. I wouldn't mind it mapped to one of the keyboard keys, the convenience key or even some sort of a power key + volume down. Or using Tasker to create some sort of a macro that gets triggered when I press the convenience key and toggles the feature on or off.

I am very hopeful that someone here will find a solution to this. I really want to keep this phone but if I can't get this to work - I'll have to sell it which is a shame as I really wanted to get back to using a Blackberry.

Thanks a lot in advance guys
    06-13-17 08:25 PM
    I don't have this app installed, so I'm not sure if it gives the functionality you want, but you should try "Button Mapper: Remap your keys" on the playstore. It gives a lot of customization over key shortcuts. If that functionality isn't currently there, might be worth asking the Dev for too.
    06-14-17 08:07 AM
    I use the Invert Colors function quite often myself. I noticed that it is on the second page of my quick access Settings (swipe from the top of the screen twice). I was able to click on the pen at the top to Edit my Settings and put it on the first page. No Convenience Key, certainly, but as close to a solution as I can offer.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 08:40 AM
    I use the Invert Colors function quite often myself. I noticed that it is on the second page of my quick access Settings (swipe from the top of the screen twice). I was able to click on the pen at the top to Edit my Settings and put it on the first page. No Convenience Key, certainly, but as close to a solution as I can offer.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot. I'll try this. It's a shame there's so many keys and I can't map this feature to any of them.

Does anyone think there's a way to do it through tasker somehow?
    06-14-17 08:09 PM
    When you swipe down the notification shade and then swipe down again for the quick settings tiles, you should then be able to swipe over to the right to reveal more tiles; specifically one called 'edit tiles'. There's a possibility inverted colors is hidden in there.

I think this is a marshmallow thing but I'm not sure if it's the same across all phones.

Anyways, press edit tiles, hit the plus button next to inverted colors and it might be there in your quick settings.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by palewhiteninja; 06-14-17 at 09:04 PM.
    06-14-17 08:37 PM
    So there's no way to map any key to this?
    06-20-17 07:03 AM
    I don't you can directly plus it's still an experimental feature in Android.
    Also, it shouldn't be that hard to just swipe down from the top and toggle the colours with one click. If you use the option a lot then may be you can move it in the Quick Settings to display in the first six.
    06-20-17 08:51 AM
    Unfortunately I don't think there is.
    06-20-17 09:37 AM