Hello

Saw this interesting video which is an interview with Alex Thurber Senior VP, BlackBerry after launch of KEYone in India. Among other information we have the First mention? of Google O coming?

Whats your thoughts?

Well another Blackberry interview that really said nothing...............reminds me of the Chen interviews. I do love the high end phone statement. What was his last phone, a razR? Translation..................we are again in the dark. With the new I phone coming out this will go from "high end"...LOL to what two strings and some cans.

One other thought, how about sending out updates that don't crap all over everyone's new phones, you know the high end ones...
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 08-03-17 at 04:29 PM.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-03-17 01:16 PM
    Just because Thurber's team at BlackBerry offers Android 7 as an available option doesn't mean its implementation will be approved and funded by either BlackBerry or TCL.
    Alex Thurber is Senior Vice President and General Manager of Mobility Solutions for BlackBerry. He is responsible for BlackBerry’s global mobility product roadmap and joint development. He oversees the manufacturing supply chain, repair, customer support and product quality functions.
    I wonder what kind of "team" he has left.... and how much longer they have left. But it's clear from following BlackBerry for 10 years, that what someone in management says... usually isn't even close to what they deliver on.
    08-03-17 01:38 PM
    I think the video makes that pretty clear. How many times did he say that BlackBerry only provides the software, and Optiemus Infracom does everything else?
    Wait so they are involved in software? As in just the BB apps or?
    08-03-17 01:58 PM
    Wait so they are involved in software? As in just the BB apps or?
    Apps and OS.
    08-03-17 02:36 PM
    I wonder what kind of "team" he has left.... and how much longer they have left. But it's clear from following BlackBerry for 10 years, that what someone in management says... usually isn't even close to what they deliver on.
    Thurber made it clear once again that he and BlackBerry are only in the software business, so that would no longer include anything to do with "manufacturing, supply chain", etc.
    08-03-17 04:53 PM
    Thurber made it clear once again that he and BlackBerry are only in the software business, so that would no longer include anything to do with "manufacturing, supply chain", etc.
    https://us.blackberry.com/company/ne...executive-team

Then he needs to tell someone to update his profile on BlackBerry website. Might be waiting to see if this licensing phase last very long, as they might not need anyone with hardware experience.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-04-17 07:53 AM
    Hello

Saw this interesting video which is an interview with Alex Thurber Senior VP, BlackBerry after launch of KEYone in India. Among other information we have the First mention? of Google O coming?

Whats your thoughts?

Would you buy a used car from this man.........LOL
    mister2d likes this.
    08-05-17 10:38 PM
    Whats your thoughts?
    Wording is everything. 'Future phones'.
    08-09-17 06:29 PM
    Hello

Whats your thoughts?

Well, this is expected but my first thoughts are the Priv and DTEK folks complaining about the lack of N on their devices...now let's read the rest of this thread and see how long it takes....tick tick tick
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-09-17 06:46 PM
    ah this brings back memories. I remember when they said they would be android N to the priv...
    5 seconds
    08-09-17 06:47 PM
    Wording is everything. 'Future phones'.
    DELAY this month August in monthly 30 day patching SMR. Could we see something important arrive from #BBSIRT in September?
    08-10-17 01:48 AM
    ah this brings back memories. I remember when they said they would be android N to the priv...
    They actually never said that.

Nor did he say here that O would come to existing devices.
    yea youre right, it was just implied which i guess is blackberry's biggest flaw:

BlackBerry only has three Android smartphones: The Priv received Android 6.0 Marshmallow in April — nearly 6 months after the OS was launched — and the DTEK50 and DTEK60 sport Marshmallow out the box. Both devices should upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat, and the company tells Digital Trends it has Nougat and is working to add “our BlackBerry security.” No timeline was offered.
    They did. During the BlackBerry Security Summit in Cologne, Germany 11/9/2016.
    Not saying you're wrong, but I'd love to see a link to the statement.
    The information was provided on a chart as well as orally by a member of BlackBerry Germany. He also called an appointment: Parallel to the introduction of the KEYone, which should take place at the end of the first quarter of 2017, Android 7.0 should be available for all BlackBerry Android-Smartphones. If you want so, I can tell you the names of some of the attendees, but the easiest way for you is to contact the BlackBerry employee. I'll write you the name and his phone number. ok?
    I'm not sure one guy from BlackBerry Germany sets corporate policy for the entire company, but if you have a name, that would be great.
    I'm sure that he doesn`t set the business policy for BlackBerry Ltd., but he has reported this information on behalf of BlackBerry. I will give you the name tomorrow by PN.
    Appreciate it. Thanks.
    And....
    did you give him a call telling him you're the famous Conite with over 20k posts on CrackBerry and demanded an explanation? LOL.
    Last edited by WT44; 08-22-17 at 04:11 PM.
    08-22-17 03:09 AM
37 12