Hello

Saw this interesting video which is an interview with Alex Thurber Senior VP, BlackBerry after launch of KEYone in India. Among other information we have the First mention? of Google O coming?

Whats your thoughts?

Last edited by Rico4you; 08-03-17 at 06:40 AM.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-03-17 05:47 AM
    Well done. Good find. Interesting.
    08-03-17 06:30 AM
    ah this brings back memories. I remember when they said they would be android N to the priv...
    08-03-17 06:57 AM
    ah this brings back memories. I remember when they said they would be android N to the priv...
    They actually never said that.

Nor did he say here that O would come to existing devices.
    08-03-17 07:03 AM
    I think they will bring it once the roll out of KeyONE has been completed.
    08-03-17 07:31 AM
    Good luck if you believe Thurber he also said DTEK50 the most secure android in the world, he also said there are company interested licensing BB10
    ck2nb likes this.
    08-03-17 07:35 AM

yea youre right, it was just implied which i guess is blackberry's biggest flaw:

BlackBerry only has three Android smartphones: The Priv received Android 6.0 Marshmallow in April — nearly 6 months after the OS was launched — and the DTEK50 and DTEK60 sport Marshmallow out the box. Both devices should upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat, and the company tells Digital Trends it has Nougat and is working to add “our BlackBerry security.” No timeline was offered.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-03-17 08:19 AM
    Wait. I thought Blackberry had nothing to do with the KEYone. /s
    08-03-17 08:19 AM
    the interview is basically saying the same thing they said about android 7. probably wont see it on keyone but on "future phones"
    08-03-17 08:26 AM
    Wait. I thought Blackberry had nothing to do with the KEYone. /s
    I think the video makes that pretty clear. How many times did he say that BlackBerry only provides the software, and Optiemus Infracom does everything else?
    08-03-17 08:50 AM
    History tells us that it will be a long while before we see O from BlackBerry. Who is still waiting for July updates?
    08-03-17 09:02 AM
    History tells us that it will be a long while before we see O from BlackBerry. Who is still waiting for July updates?
    youre never going to see july lol that thing was a monster
    08-03-17 09:05 AM
    He appears committed to the idea of there being a steady stream of handsets being developed in the future, and BlackBerry continuing to improve from the Android perspective. Happy enough!
    08-03-17 09:15 AM
    I think the video makes that pretty clear. How many times did he say that BlackBerry only provides the software, and Optiemus Infracom does everything else?
    This I know. But the KEYone runs that software. Meaning they are in the development pipeline for the product. That's all some where saying in the first place.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-03-17 09:16 AM
    Interesting find. I heard him say O for future phones so not for sure on current ones. What I also found interesting is that on YouTube there was a lineup of videos after that one of Indian unboxings and reviews of the Limited edition KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    08-03-17 10:48 AM
    History tells us that it will be a long while before we see O from BlackBerry.
    There is no history. BlackBerry is now providing software on an as-ordered basis. The K1 will receive Android O if there is an order from a partner for it, or if the initial sales agreement included a provision for OS upgrades within a certain timeframe.

The legacy devices fell under a different business model. Their history is their own.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-03-17 11:38 AM

They did. During the BlackBerry Security Summit in Cologne, Germany 11/9/2016.
    08-03-17 11:40 AM
    Technically it's not "Google O." It's "the Google O."
    08-03-17 11:49 AM
    They did. During the BlackBerry Security Summit in Cologne, Germany 11/9/2016.
    Not saying you're wrong, but I'd love to see a link to the statement.
    08-03-17 11:50 AM
    The information was provided on a chart as well as orally by a member of BlackBerry Germany. He also called an appointment: Parallel to the introduction of the KEYone, which should take place at the end of the first quarter of 2017, Android 7.0 should be available for all BlackBerry Android-Smartphones. If you want so, I can tell you the names of some of the attendees, but the easiest way for you is to contact the BlackBerry employee. I'll write you the name and his phone number. ok?
    08-03-17 12:15 PM
    The information was provided on a chart as well as orally by a member of BlackBerry Germany. He also called an appointment: Parallel to the introduction of the KEYone, which should take place at the end of the first quarter of 2017, Android 7.0 should be available for all BlackBerry Android-Smartphones. If you want so, I can tell you the names of some of the attendees, but the easiest way for you is to contact the BlackBerry employee. I'll write you the name and his phone number. ok?
    I'm not sure one guy from BlackBerry Germany sets corporate policy for the entire company, but if you have a name, that would be great.
    08-03-17 12:21 PM
    And, as you know, Optiemus will be doing everything else with a lot of help from their partners like TCL and Winston.
    08-03-17 12:33 PM
    I'm sure that he doesn`t set the business policy for BlackBerry Ltd., but he has reported this information on behalf of BlackBerry. I will give you the name tomorrow by PN.
    08-03-17 12:33 PM
    I'm sure that he doesn`t set the business policy for BlackBerry Ltd., but he has reported this information on behalf of BlackBerry. I will give you the name tomorrow by PN.
    Appreciate it. Thanks.
    08-03-17 12:34 PM
    ... Parallel to the introduction of the KEYone, which should take place at the end of the first quarter of 2017, Android 7.0 should be available for all BlackBerry Android-Smartphones. ...
    Just because Thurber's team at BlackBerry offers Android 7 as an available option doesn't mean its implementation will be approved and funded by either BlackBerry or TCL.
    08-03-17 12:44 PM
37 12