Fellow CB Users,

Have you had any issues with the internal storage capacity yet?

I am currently at 22GB out of the 32 GB.

I am using my external MicroSDHC card as portable storage and not part of "internal storage".

Any suggestions on what can be done to maximize "Internal Storage" space for efficiency?

Appreciate the feedback, if any.
    07-05-17 03:43 PM
    Mine is using just over 14GB internal. My SD card setup to be used by the phone. Perhaps you should change your settings? I'm no expert.
    07-05-17 04:52 PM
    It's strange because mine is at 16 gb used out of 32 and I have half the apps and media than my previous phone which only had 16gb of storage and I ended up using only 11 gb out of those 16. Is android nougat that much larger than marshmallow?
    07-05-17 09:18 PM
    Mine is using just over 14GB internal. My SD card setup to be used by the phone. Perhaps you should change your settings? I'm no expert.
    I opted not to do this setup because if your SD card goes foobar, you will lose all your vital apps and data.
    07-05-17 10:39 PM
    It's strange because mine is at 16 gb used out of 32 and I have half the apps and media than my previous phone which only had 16gb of storage and I ended up using only 11 gb out of those 16. Is android nougat that much larger than marshmallow?
    Yes, to my knowledge Nougat eats up most of the internal storage vs marshmallow. I could be wrong but I am just finding it annoying to figure out what apps to delete to keep it under the 32GB threshold.
    07-05-17 10:40 PM
    Should be 64K.
    phuoc likes this.
    07-05-17 10:53 PM
    I opted not to do this setup because if your SD card goes foobar, you will lose all your vital apps and data.
    Fair point but how often do SD cards go foobar, plus apps can be downloaded again I guess. I don't imagine any vital apps are stored on the SD card in any case but who knows. :-)
    07-06-17 04:03 AM
    Fair point but how often do SD cards go foobar, plus apps can be downloaded again I guess. I don't imagine any vital apps are stored on the SD card in any case but who knows. :-)
    That is true as my previous SD card was foobar after 2 yrs. So, I guess depends on frequency of use. However, the one that went foobar was on the passport which only used it for app data and pictures/video. So, I am only speculating that if I were to make it part of the "internal storage" it will have more of a likely of failing due to numerous read/write functions.
    07-08-17 02:57 PM