This was interesting to me. Surprised how well the phone does but should have a proper chip like the phone its compared with. I agree the s8 screen is awesome but the key1 screen is really good. Something that surprised me about the phone.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-18-17 08:51 AM
    I own the S8 plus and its a fantastic device with no lag what so ever. Its probably the best device for me to date. I was going to pick up the Keyone but looks like I will wait until the bugs are all worked out first.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-18-17 08:58 AM
    agree s8 is pretty cool. Looking at s8 forums it has some bugs to work out before buying it.
    06-18-17 09:10 AM
    I watched it and I have to say I kinda see it more like I am amazed at what they got the keyone to be able to do with the hardware it has. I for one don't mind being a millisecond behind if it means I get the battery life the keyone offers.

The screen on the keyone is much better than the video says. I honestly think it's plenty bright and have it running at half of its full potential. The big advantage is that the display is clear, crisp, and easy on the eyes I seem to like it maybe because the screen is smaller it looks very crisp to me but when I fell in love with it was when I was able to use it in direct sunlight then I saw an immediate advantage.
    kbz1960 and Geselskap like this.
    06-18-17 09:12 AM
    I watched it and I have to say I kinda see it more like I am amazed at what they got the keyone to be able to do with the hardware it has. I for one don't mind being a millisecond behind if it means I get the battery life the keyone offers.

The screen on the keyone is much better than the video says. I honestly think it's plenty bright and have it running at half of its full potential. The big advantage is that the display is clear, crisp, and easy on the eyes I seem to like it maybe because the screen is smaller it looks very crisp to me but when I fell in love with it was when I was able to use it in direct sunlight then I saw an immediate advantage.
    Ya he's surprised how well it does but then says how much better it would be if it had a proper chip in it. Sometimes We tend to go by the stats rather than our own experience. Weird
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 09:19 AM
    Also, if you noticed, he set the S8 screen to full brightness before starting the test but didn't do the same for the KEYone.
    06-18-17 11:13 AM
    Also, if you noticed, he set the S8 screen to full brightness before starting the test but didn't do the same for the KEYone.
    Did not notice that. That is odd. The s8 is spec'd out and key1 holds its own. Like I said key1 screen is solid.
    06-18-17 11:27 AM
    New s8 has some bugs? That really sucks. They've really let down their fanbase. I'm never buying a Samsung again.
    06-18-17 11:27 AM
    New s8 has some bugs? That really sucks. They've really let down their fanbase. I'm never buying a Samsung again.
    ;-) that's right. If anyone has any problems with a phone you have to state how disappointed you are and that you will never buy one again.. Haha
    Wezard likes this.
    06-18-17 11:32 AM
    My people in the comments said the KEYone won that contest.
    06-18-17 11:46 AM
    I have a few niggles with the KEYone, but the speed is not one of them - it seems pretty brisk and responsive to me.
    06-18-17 11:50 AM
    I definitely do not see speed issues with the key1. Very smooth.
    06-18-17 12:13 PM

This was interesting to me. Surprised how well the phone does but should have a proper chip like the phone its compared with. I agree the s8 screen is awesome but the key1 screen is really good. Something that surprised me about the phone.
    One of the first thing to jump out to me is running or opening one app the phone is smooth. I think issues will arise when multiple apps are running. As for screen brightness like anything else, unless it's sitting next to another phone it's fine.
    06-18-17 07:42 PM
    I'll gladly trade a millisecond for all day battery life. I'm at 53% at 9pm. I would of charged my s7 twice already.
    06-18-17 08:02 PM
    I like the way the s8 is entirely made of glass and can be shattered on both the front and back.
    06-18-17 08:14 PM
    Disable all the animations in Developer options and two things will happen:
    1. There'll be zero lag
    2. At some point in time it'll lock up, usually once a day. A fresh reboot and clearing out all apps fixes it, but expect it to lock up at least once a day. I fresh reboot first thing in the morning.

No problem, well worth it to me.

Lots of complaints about that annoying Bixby button as well. Accidental presses that interrupt workflow especially when using the camera.
    06-18-17 10:42 PM
    The differences between the various tests in the video were minimal at best. The KeyOne lagged behind in most of the examples but by less than a second in most instances. Given the price difference in the phones and the amount of battery saved I would honestly believe that the KeyOne to be a better overall value, at least for me.
    06-19-17 08:31 AM
    The biggest difference for me is that KEYone holds apps in memory longer than s8. This is a huge deal when you are switching between spreadsheets/contacts/web/email/etc when trying to get work done. The fact that the Samsung force closes everything to appear "lag free" makes it look more like a kid's phone to play games on. I would rather have my apps stay open and it lag a bit because ram is eaten up then have to reload apps and start from scratch.
    Matt J and christenmartin like this.
    06-19-17 09:11 AM
    The biggest difference for me is that KEYone holds apps in memory longer than s8. This is a huge deal when you are switching between spreadsheets/contacts/web/email/etc when trying to get work done. The fact that the Samsung force closes everything to appear "lag free" makes it look more like a kid's phone to play games on. I would rather have my apps stay open and it lag a bit because ram is eaten up then have to reload apps and start from scratch.
    Is this really the case? Is this an accurate statement on how the Samsung S8 OS (firmware) operates, compared to the BB K1?
    06-19-17 09:30 AM
    Is this really the case? Is this an accurate statement on how the Samsung S8 OS (firmware) operates, compared to the BB K1?
    The comparison video would tend to corroborate that. The KEYone seems to have better memory management than the S8. This would lead to better day-to-day performance and enhanced battery life since the app would not always have to be loaded from scratch. RAM uses less power than the CPU.
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-19-17 09:32 AM
    The comparison video would tend to corroborate that. The KEYone seems to have better memory management than the S8. This would lead to better day-to-day performance and enhanced battery life since the app would not always have to be loaded from scratch. RAM uses less power than the CPU.
    This has always been a problem with Samsung's touchwiz skin they overlay on android. Blackberry stays much closer to stock, the priv was the same way it just had a terrible chip
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-19-17 09:50 AM
    DAMN he's got fast WiFi!
    06-19-17 11:18 AM
    DAMN he's got fast WiFi!
    Sure does. Mine is a turtle lol
    06-19-17 11:50 AM
    I like the way the s8 is entirely made of glass and can be shattered on both the front and back.
    This is true! I looked at one at bestbuy and it was a good looking devise but I would break it within a week and then I would be pissed.
    06-19-17 11:51 AM
    That is interesting and did not think along those lines. Samsung are known to use battery at a brisk rate as well. Definitely optimized for different things.
    Xmeatizmurderx and Geselskap like this.
    06-19-17 11:54 AM
27 12