So I recently dropped my phone for a second time that resulted in my second damaged screen. The first drop left me with a shattered screen that I replaced myself. This newest drop (with a case on the phone) landed screen down and caused the screen to go black and not respond to touches. This time I figured I would go the more formal route and file a claim with my credit card's damage protection insurance. The process required me to obtain a repair estimate from BB, so I sent the phone in for repair. I figured with the physical damage on the screen, as well as to the casing and keyboard (from my prying the first damaged screen out during the DIY repair), that I was surely looking at an out-of-warranty repair cost of close to the price of a new phone that I would gladly flip to the credit card insurance provider.

After three days of no updates from BB support, I came home today to a package at my house. It was my phone with a new screen, new keyboard edging, and new screen edging (the scratches to the body remained). There was a note in the box saying that my phone was repaired.

Now I will gladly take this gift from the gadget gods, but I am curious if anyone has any incite as to why I wasn't asked to pay anything. I've heard of Moto having a one drop repair forgiveness program in their warranties, but I hadn't heard that BB was doing anything similar. Any ideas?
    FF22 and RK_BB like this.
    12-08-17 11:07 PM
    no idea but that's lucky
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-17 02:51 AM
    So I recently dropped my phone for a second time that resulted in my second damaged screen. The first drop left me with a shattered screen that I replaced myself. This newest drop (with a case on the phone) landed screen down and caused the screen to go black and not respond to touches. This time I figured I would go the more formal route and file a claim with my credit card's damage protection insurance. The process required me to obtain a repair estimate from BB, so I sent the phone in for repair. I figured with the physical damage on the screen, as well as to the casing and keyboard (from my prying the first damaged screen out during the DIY repair), that I was surely looking at an out-of-warranty repair cost of close to the price of a new phone that I would gladly flip to the credit card insurance provider.

After three days of no updates from BB support, I came home today to a package at my house. It was my phone with a new screen, new keyboard edging, and new screen edging (the scratches to the body remained). There was a note in the box saying that my phone was repaired.

Now I will gladly take this gift from the gadget gods, but I am curious if anyone has any incite as to why I wasn't asked to pay anything. I've heard of Moto having a one drop repair forgiveness program in their warranties, but I hadn't heard that BB was doing anything similar. Any ideas?
    Perhaps with all the screen-lift issues they treat every screen issue as such. Count your blessings.
    12-09-17 01:53 PM