Wanted to install the app videoder as a downloaded apk, also have set to allow installation from unknowm sources, but cannot install the app - nothing seems to happen.

Is there any other option that needs to be checked?
    12-02-17 02:56 PM
    Wanted to install the app videoder as a downloaded apk, also have set to allow installation from unknowm sources, but cannot install the app - nothing seems to happen.

Is there any other option that needs to be checked?
    If I recall if generally asks something like "use xxxx to install the app?" It is an android app? You are pointing at it with a file manager or?
    12-02-17 04:09 PM
    Locate to where your downloaded file is click on it you should get a pop up asking something can't recall exactly but there should be an app listed in that pop up called package installer.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-02-17 04:41 PM
    Locate to where your downloaded file is click on it you should get a pop up asking something can't recall exactly but there should be an app listed in that pop up called package installer.
    Yes it asks 'open with import' but then when I confirm nothing happens, also rebooting and trying again did not help
    12-02-17 05:01 PM
    Yes it asks 'open with import' but then when I confirm nothing happens, also rebooting and trying again did not help
    Is there an app listed called "package installer" if there is and your clicking on it then it's possible that it's a corrupted file. At the least it should say package could not be installed.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-02-17 05:04 PM
    Is there an app listed called "package installer" if there is and your clicking on it then it's possible that it's a corrupted file. At the least it should say package could not be installed.
    Well - no, it says 'open with import' which I suppose is the import app, but it does nothing, it just closes after clicking
    12-03-17 08:27 AM
    Well - no, it says 'open with import' which I suppose is the import app, but it does nothing, it just closes after clicking
    Then there's something wrong with what you downloaded it has to be package installer if it's an apk.
    12-03-17 08:31 AM
    Then there's something wrong with what you downloaded it has to be package installer if it's an apk.
    Ah well - it's only an APK
    12-03-17 09:45 AM
    Verify you are on default theme with original blackberry launcher with defaul icon pack and blue light filter app or anything like it is not active.
    12-03-17 09:54 AM
    I had similar issue installing which was related to launcher theme issues.
    12-03-17 09:55 AM
    get tubemate instead... works well
    12-03-17 03:26 PM
    Verify you are on default theme with original blackberry launcher with defaul icon pack and blue light filter app or anything like it is not active.
    Have default all and do not have bluelight Filter installed - yet

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 08:14 AM
    Where did you download it from? I just downloaded it now installed and work fine.
    12-04-17 02:32 PM
    Where did you download it from? I just downloaded it now installed and work fine.
    https://www.videoder.net/

And where did you get it from?
    12-04-17 10:18 PM
    https://www.videoder.net/

And where did you get it from?
    https://videoder.en.uptodown.com/android
    12-04-17 10:55 PM
    Thanks - that worked 👏
    12-05-17 03:35 AM