Hi there,

Wonder if anyone is expericing this problem and how to solve it:

I try to upload a video on my Keyone to instagram and I get the error that says that there is an issue with my video and I get the "retry" icon. I retry and still nothing. If I keep trying the app closes.

I turned my Priv on, tried there with the same video (same text, everything) and voila, it works no problem.

Anyone can advise on a solution?

Thanks,
    10-27-17 05:07 PM
    That's off my Instagram works fine. Not really sure what the issue could be. Maybe try deleting Instagram and reinstalling it
    10-27-17 11:06 PM
    Hi Chalak,

Thanks for the reply. I did that already. Uninstall, re install. Same issue. I also cleared cache, restarted phone. Same issue.

Really don't know what's going on here.
    10-28-17 07:06 AM
    What's the duration of the video you're trying to upload? If its like 60seconds, it will fail.. It needs to be 59seconds.. I know it works on the priv, but just wondering
    10-28-17 07:18 AM
    Hi Adi,

I uploaded 3 videos. 37, 25 and 22 secs. All three failed on the Keyone and uploaded fine on the Priv.
    10-28-17 08:50 AM
    OK. This problem still persists.

Can upload videos with Priv. Cannot upload videos with KEYone.

I have uninstalled and re-installed instagram.
    I have cleared the app's cache.
    I checked my codecs, time, etc. Obviously they work because they upload with Priv fine.

Why is instagram not uploading from my KEYone?

No one else has this issue?
    11-16-17 07:43 PM
    OK. This problem still persists.

Can upload videos with Priv. Cannot upload videos with KEYone.

I have uninstalled and re-installed instagram.
    I have cleared the app's cache.
    I checked my codecs, time, etc. Obviously they work because they upload with Priv fine.

Why is instagram not uploading from my KEYone?

No one else has this issue?
    I don't do Instagram. But have you checked Permissions for the app. Main Settings, Apps, scroll to find it, check its Permissions.
    11-16-17 09:20 PM
    instagram is working fine on my keyone
    11-17-17 03:46 AM
    I don't do Instagram. But have you checked Permissions for the app. Main Settings, Apps, scroll to find it, check its Permissions.
    Hi FF22,

Thanks for the info. I did that. I have the same permissions set for it as it does on my Priv. I also allowed all permissions, then took them away, then allowed the ones I always have on, nothing.

Again, this is just for videos. Stills upload without problems.
    Last edited by PtoK; 11-17-17 at 07:17 AM.
    11-17-17 06:20 AM
    Hi FF22,

Thanks for the info. I did that. I have the same permissions set for it as it does on my Priv. I also allowed all permissions, then took them away, then allowed the ones I always have on, nothing.

Again, this is just for videos. Stills upload without problems.
    This will bump the thread in case someone might have a suggestion. Since I don't use Instagram, I really don't have any suggestions.
    11-17-17 09:16 PM
    If you don't have VLC I would suggest installing VLC I have VLC on my system so do most other people with Instagram there may be a codec issue but VLC keeps so many codex up to date there should not be a conflict
    Last edited by Neville A Daniels; 11-21-17 at 10:11 AM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-18-17 06:09 PM
    If you don't have VCL I would suggest installing VCL I have VCL on my system so do most other people with Instagram there may be a codec issue but VCR keeps so many codex up to date there should not be a conflict
    Sorry. I don't know what you mean. I googled VCL I and I am unable to find the meaning of what you are writing about.

How can it be a codec issue with the platform when the Priv uploads fine but the KEYone does not?

I am uploading the exact same clips, exported from an NLE, not recorded on each phone. So, to make sure there is no confussion, they are the same clips, from the same source, with the same codec, compression, length and wrapper. Priv uploads fine, KEYone does not.
    11-21-17 08:22 AM
    Hi there,

Wonder if anyone is expericing this problem and how to solve it:

I try to upload a video on my Keyone to instagram and I get the error that says that there is an issue with my video and I get the "retry" icon. I retry and still nothing. If I keep trying the app closes.

I turned my Priv on, tried there with the same video (same text, everything) and voila, it works no problem.

Anyone can advise on a solution?

Thanks,
    What version/region/carrier is your KeyOne?
    11-21-17 09:30 AM
    What version/region/carrier is your KeyOne?
    UK, Black Edition, Unlocked
    11-21-17 09:36 AM
    UK, Black Edition, Unlocked
    Did it ever work on your K1? I know there have been some fairly significant under the hood changes to instagram recently. You could try signing up for the beta via play store and update to that version. Also, are you running any adblockers like AdGuard?
    11-21-17 09:41 AM
    Did it ever work on your K1? I know there have been some fairly significant under the hood changes to instagram recently. You could try signing up for the beta via play store and update to that version. Also, are you running any adblockers like AdGuard?
    Up until I tried uploading my first video with the KEYone, I hadn't noticed. Still images always worked. I am not running any add ons. Just run of the mill instagram. What beta are you talking about?
    11-21-17 09:50 AM
    Up until I tried uploading my first video with the KEYone, I hadn't noticed. Still images always worked. I am not running any add ons. Just run of the mill instagram. What beta are you talking about?
    If you go to instagram on the play store, scroll down beyond the list of comments and you will see the option for "become a beta tester" and click the button "i'm in". Once you do that, you should see an update available for instagram within a few minutes. If that doesn't help, you could download an older version of Instagram apk from apkmirror.com
    11-21-17 09:54 AM
    Sorry. I don't know what you mean. I googled VCL I and I am unable to find the meaning of what you are writing about.

How can it be a codec issue with the platform when the Priv uploads fine but the KEYone does not?

I am uploading the exact same clips, exported from an NLE, not recorded on each phone. So, to make sure there is no confussion, they are the same clips, from the same source, with the same codec, compression, length and wrapper. Priv uploads fine, KEYone does not.
    Oops I meant VLC https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.videolan.vlc
    11-21-17 10:12 AM
    If you go to instagram on the play store, scroll down beyond the list of comments and you will see the option for "become a beta tester" and click the button "i'm in". Once you do that, you should see an update available for instagram within a few minutes. If that doesn't help, you could download an older version of Instagram apk from apkmirror.com
    Will give this a shot.

Thanks a lot! Will report back
    11-21-17 12:21 PM
    Ahh... the VLC player. I see.

Before I get this, what relationship will it bear between Instagram and me uploading?

I'm asking because I can't see the relationship between a video player and instagram not uploading a video.
    11-21-17 12:23 PM

Before I get this, what relationship will it bear between Instagram and me uploading?

I'm asking because I can't see the relationship between a video player and instagram not uploading a video.
    The idea is that Instagram will upload from VLC. Give it a shot.
    Neville A Daniels likes this.
    11-21-17 12:31 PM

Most of us know nothing about Instagram uploading procedure and whether or not it converts video on the fly to it's format if it does this it's got to have video codecs on your local client that work with its Codecs.

As I said most of the people on BlackBerry Android have VLC installed so it does sound that it may be a background conversion problem and that Instagram requires a codec on your device to facilitate it I just do not know how they work it
    11-21-17 12:41 PM
    The idea is that Instagram will upload from VLC. Give it a shot.
    Well! VLC does not have a share button...am I missing something? I can't seem to take the video out of VLC other than just play it.
    11-21-17 04:18 PM
    Most of us know nothing about Instagram uploading procedure and whether or not it converts video on the fly to it's format if it does this it's got to have video codecs on your local client that work with its Codecs.

As I said most of the people on BlackBerry Android have VLC installed so it does sound that it may be a background conversion problem and that Instagram requires a codec on your device to facilitate it I just do not know how they work it
    Downloaded VLC but it made no difference.

HOWEVER... I was reading some instructions online on why some videos exported from NLEs do not upload to instagram.

I had all the boxes ticked EXCEPT: bitrate (mines were running at 5Mbps) and size (the latest video in question having 22MB)
    Instagram seems to not like videos that have more than 3Mbps or larger than 15MB. Once I re-encoded to those limits, the KEYone was able to upload. I can accommodate my future uploads to these limits.

BUT, the mistery is still unresolved. WHY would the Priv be able to upload the same clip before re-encoding and the KEYone not able to?
    11-21-17 04:22 PM