OK ... clearly a misinterpretation of your post. Based on what you stated, I thought you were saying that there was previously no word on reception, but "today" they did finally speak to it. So that is why I was asking, what did they say.

...no word on reception until today though ...
    [BOLD ADDED]

No - don't know why you think so. I said 'no word on reception' - which means they did not acknowledge any issue.
    06-29-17 10:29 AM
    your awesome got different definition than mine... BTO (build to order without JIT support like amazon for a product like K1 is sure miss - if not failure... particularly, they got initial inkling at trade show the market reception of K1... either they didn't take it seriously, or someone don't believe all the analyst and their follower, like CBers will put money where their mouth is... total logistical failure with all pee ka boo product launch).
    This is speculation, but my guess is that the senior TCL financial team did not accept the risk of producing the quantities that the BlackBerry Mobile team projected. It can be INCREDIBLY difficult to change resource allocation policy in a large manufacturing company!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-29-17 10:41 AM
    This is speculation, but my guess is that the senior TCL financial team did not accept the risk of producing the quantities that the BlackBerry Mobile team projected. It can be INCREDIBLY difficult to change resource allocation policy in a large manufacturing company!

Especially when you are building tons of different types of products I would imagine.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 10:46 AM
    OK ... clearly a misinterpretation of your post. Based on what you stated, I thought you were saying that there was previously no word on reception, but "today" they did finally speak to it. So that is why I was asking, what did they say.

[BOLD ADDED]
    lost in translation. Sorry.
    06-29-17 06:25 PM

I reckon this is true but at the same time for the case of the KEYone there are few more things. Small volume and high price could mean that they don't have to move that much resource, and they may have passed the break even point already so the $$$ is back to run another cycle. And this is a Chinese company where they can be extremely flexible and move things really fast.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 08:28 PM
    If this is their model, they should at least made a better effort at establishing a real "pre-order" page for US customers. I know the Canadian carriers did, but without a US carrier doing the same, it was really up to them to coordinate a pre order page with Amazon.
    06-30-17 08:53 AM
    If this is their model, they should at least made a better effort at establishing a real "pre-order" page for US customers. I know the Canadian carriers did, but without a US carrier doing the same, it was really up to them to coordinate a pre order page with Amazon.
    There's only one carrier (Sprint) even mentioning this phone, and nothing more than "coming this summer".
    06-30-17 09:17 AM
32 12