Just awesome battery life. Incredible stuff.

By 1.30am and after 4h screen on time, my iphone 6s plus would have had about 30% left, my iphone 6s would have had single digit % and my priv would have been an expensive deadweight.

Instead, I'm typing this post on my phone at 44%. It does not get better than this.

K1, I forgive all your small issues (just okay keyboard, slightly loose sim tray and volume keys/power button, Snap 625, probably no glue under screen). What good is a phone with big screen, latest chips and super strong structure - if its battery is dead!

P.s. today is one of the lighter days of mine (hence only 4hr sot). My normal would be closer to 6hr, and my 6s plus would have entered single digit % - but something tells me the K1's battery will still be in the 20s %!
    Attached Thumbnails Insanely Good Battery Life-screenshot_20170614-013422.jpg   Insanely Good Battery Life-screenshot_20170614-013430.jpg  
    06-13-17 12:52 PM
    The best I've has is 11 hours screen time with 1% battery time left using one messaging app for the duration, it was on wifi.
    06-13-17 12:58 PM
    I'm hoping since the back pops off a replacement battery will be available. Lithium batteries degrade after 200 plus charges. Would be nice to be able to put a fresh one in after a year or two.
    mycroftsg likes this.
    06-13-17 01:06 PM
    No idea how you guys getting your phone to last so long
    06-13-17 02:28 PM
    I'm 2 days with moderate use.
    06-13-17 02:45 PM
    They don't use their phones

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 03:09 PM
    They don't use their phones

Posted via CB10
    No we do. It's just amazing though. First phone I can take with me all day without bringing along a battery pack.
    06-13-17 03:27 PM
    No we do. It's just amazing though. First phone I can take with me all day without bringing along a battery pack.
    OK screen shot over your call history. App count. And On screen time. I use my phone a lot. And never lasts all day, we'll it lasts till evening but that's it

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 03:29 PM
    I disabled the Hub - it's a battery hog that I don't absolutely need.

4G Wifi always on but bluetooth and location only turned on when needed.

I also disabled a lot of the "automatic data sending to Google". The only data I'm allowing the phone to send out to is diagnostic data to Blackberry. (edit: oops, I'm also sending anonymous location data to Google with High accuracy mode turned on, dang).

Honestly anything above 6hr sot makes me happy. The only other phone that manages to hit this mark for me was the iPhone 6s plus, and barely (I skipped the 7 plus for this keyone). The smaller iphones and s7 all died too soon on me.

4hr sot on my screenshot above isn't doing the phone total justice - I actually made a lot of calls over messenger where the screen will be off, but the phone is still in use.

Will post another one if I cross the 6hr mark
    Last edited by mycroftsg; 06-14-17 at 03:41 AM.
    06-13-17 10:03 PM
    amazing. I'm at 4hr with 21% left. 6 is amazing. I do keep WiFi high accuracy GPS and Bluetooth on all day. maybe it's the GPS.
    06-13-17 10:31 PM
    3-5 hours on calls every day. I manage 4 work email accounts. Constantly in contact with customers and employees via texts and email. I edit and sign contract and other docs all day as well as spreadsheets. I use this phone in lieu of my laptop most of the day.

I do not think I have ever managed to get the phone below 20% in any 18 hour period.

On the weekends, I go until Sunday night to charge for Monday morning.

I use my phone. Maybe content consumption and "LOLing" on social stuff or watching cat videos all day eats up more battery - I wouldn't know.
    06-14-17 10:55 AM

I use my phone. Maybe content consumption and "LOLing" on social stuff or watching cat videos all day eats up more battery - I wouldn't know.
    We believe you. Right CB forum members?
    PacmanUK1 likes this.
    06-14-17 10:59 AM
    When strictly writing reports or articles, with the smartphone in airplane mode, the BlackBerry KEYone battery and screen-on-time is approximately 4 days assuming 6-7 hours of writing each day. Phenomenal! The ideal writing device, aside from a bundle of pencils and a pad of paper, for a writer.
    mycroftsg likes this.
    06-14-17 11:06 AM
    We believe you. Right CB forum members?
    Well you GD-well better there junior. I am 50 years old and own a few companies. I know whereof I speak. 5:30pm and at 69% after a busy day. Still have more to do, but you get the idea...
    06-14-17 05:30 PM
    8-9+ hours of screen time is what I've seen as pretty typical so far around here, which tends to be about 2 days for a lot of people. Here's my data: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...sults-1111750/
    06-14-17 06:08 PM
    I am an average user, non gamer.
    I have 7 (seven) email accounts, 2 of them on exchange server, 7 messaging apps (Skype, WhatsApp, Messenger, Viber, BBM, OnPage and Cortext), various GPS using mapping apps, my bluetooth and Wifi are always on. Also use Spotify 1- 2hours a day. I manage a lot of emails on the go.

I kept all settings at factory default. That is adaptive brightness, sleep after 30 seconds of inactivity, screen saver off.

I did not want to believe that from 6 am until next evening 11:30 pm without any charging my KeyOne battery only went to 36%! I tested again and the result was very similar.

I consider myself a professional user and I am super happy with this device. It is fast, responsive, very solid and well built. Great job, Blackberry!
    06-14-17 06:57 PM
    I got 40 hours on my first two charges... now im getting just about a regular day. I find that weird. Is there maybe stuff running n the background?
    06-14-17 07:19 PM
    3-5 hours on calls every day. I manage 4 work email accounts. Constantly in contact with customers and employees via texts and email. I edit and sign contract and other docs all day as well as spreadsheets. I use this phone in lieu of my laptop most of the day.
    Exactly the type of usage scenario I was looking for, a 100+ BES emails on a weekday, plus 50ish through personal accounts.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 07:28 PM
    Just my ten penneth worth...the battery rocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Insanely Good Battery Life-15652.jpg  
    06-14-17 07:34 PM
    ...and the missing image (whoops)
    Attached Thumbnails Insanely Good Battery Life-15651.jpg  
    06-14-17 07:35 PM
    I find that I am charging (to 80%) every day and a half. I have zero complaints about battery.
    06-14-17 07:35 PM
    Strange that your sot is only 4hr - you must be using a very brightscreen or some other stuff happening on the background there.
    06-14-17 10:28 PM
    Strange that your sot is only 4hr - you must be using a very brightscreen or some other stuff happening on the background there.
    Mainly quick emails, whatsapp, browsing, sonos. Apart from sonos all very quick repeated actions throughout the day.
    06-15-17 04:44 AM
    I'm hoping since the back pops off a replacement battery will be available. Lithium batteries degrade after 200 plus charges. Would be nice to be able to put a fresh one in after a year or two.
    Why did they go to stopping ppl from opening and inserting a battery. I always used to carry an extra one as backup and as ppl have said, the batteries degrade.

How impt is it to not leave the device plugged in for extended periods of time?

Should I generally allow it to go down to 15percent and then recharge?
    06-15-17 06:30 PM
    Why did they go to stopping ppl from opening and inserting a battery. I always used to carry an extra one as backup and as ppl have said, the batteries degrade.

How impt is it to not leave the device plugged in for extended periods of time?

Should I generally allow it to go down to 15percent and then recharge?
    I carried a spare battery at all times with my Z10. A daily reboot was often necessary anyway so it worked perfectly. That was my biggest disappointment when I moved on to a Z30 & eventually PRIV.

I've usually let my battery run down to about 20-25% & then recharge. I try not to let it dip below 20 if I can help it.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    06-15-17 06:41 PM
26 12