Anyone else having issues with placing and keeping individual ringtones and notifications in their system? I'm running the BB launcher, using Zedge (which I'm no stranger to), Pulse SMS app (although I've also tried this on Textra and Android Messenger) and none of the Ringtones and Notifications are staying linked to my contacts. It all keeps defaulting back to one.

I've also tried using a microSDXC both as external and internal storage and no joy. It's a bit frustrating as when I was on my Apple device I didn't have this issue and used ringtones and notifications to identify who was contacting me without having to look at or be near my phone. It worked fine on previous Android devices I've owned as well such as Nexus 5/6P, Galaxy Note series, etc.

Looking for some more saavy BBK1 users to provide some tips here because having just one ringtone/text tone for everyone is a bit annoying.
    11-10-17 04:59 AM
    yup same problem.
    11-10-17 10:23 AM
    I wrote the following on the "Blackberry Motion Has a RGB LED" article. Pasting it here :

I now have high LED functionality on my Keyone. I use the Lightflow Pro app. It took me several weeks of pretty frustrating messing around to get it how I like it. I have contact specific LED colours for Text, Signal, ringtones. I have the Hub disabled (despite it being one of my favourite features of BB10) so Lightflow really is doing the heavy lifting. I have no idea if Lighflow would work normally with a fully functional hub (email the dev?). You have to follow the instructions for Lightflow pretty closely in the first instance (I think they were on Android Central) - particularly regarding turning off the notifications in each individual app - and then start experimenting.....

When I occasionally turn on my Q10 I'm reminded of what a superb OS BB10 was, and what a proper LED looks like (why the tiny version on Keyone?).

The biggest tip I would give after much anguish - there is a facility on Lightflow to set up a Lightflow notification based on "an outstanding notification". So get your key contacts to send texts etc. and then go directly into Lightflow and choose to setup from "an outstanding notification". This seems to work more reliably than creating notifications from your Contacts list or "Installed Application", which is how I started out. And also remember that you can choose "Priority" for notifications in one of the menus - if you don't do this properly it seems like the app isn't working correctly when in fact you just haven't set everything up.

Please note : there is a free non-Pro version of Lighflow. I already had the Pro version and therefore just used it. It may be the case that the Lite version will work too but don't blame me if it doesn't...
    Also, there is another main LED manager called LIght Manager. I seem to remember someone on the forums saying they'd got that to work on a Keyone, so Lighflow apparently isn't the only possibility.

Finally, in case it needs saying - I have no connection to Lighflow whatsoever. It's bloody annoying to set up but it got me enough LED functionality to keep me happy......
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-17 04:15 PM
    Anyone else having issues with placing and keeping individual ringtones and notifications in their system? I'm running the BB launcher, using Zedge (which I'm no stranger to), Pulse SMS app (although I've also tried this on Textra and Android Messenger) and none of the Ringtones and Notifications are staying linked to my contacts. It all keeps defaulting back to one.

I've also tried using a microSDXC both as external and internal storage and no joy. It's a bit frustrating as when I was on my Apple device I didn't have this issue and used ringtones and notifications to identify who was contacting me without having to look at or be near my phone. It worked fine on previous Android devices I've owned as well such as Nexus 5/6P, Galaxy Note series, etc.

Looking for some more saavy BBK1 users to provide some tips here because having just one ringtone/text tone for everyone is a bit annoying.
    no problems here.

1) Make sure your ringtone is on your INTERNAL Storage and not your SD Card.

2) You need to set the specific ringtone for your specific contact in your CONTACTS App.

3) For text tones, I haven't thought of doing that yet, so I don't know.
    11-10-17 04:52 PM
    I also read that making your SD Card as internal storage slows down the KEYone significantly.. so I'd advise against it.
    11-10-17 04:53 PM
    speaking of setting up SD card as internal, my tones worked perfect when I had it set that way. my card died. set up new card as external, no tones properly work. ugh...ive managed to get them to work through zedge. once set up through zedge, went to my setting and they looked to be available. so dumb...
    11-10-17 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the tips so far everyone. I'm managing to set up some custom ringtones for certain contacts, whereas when I do for others it changes the default in general settings as well. As far as the text notification. Whichever I set for default remains for everyone, if I change it on an individual contact it changes the deafult, therefore making that tone for every contact. I am using Zedge, save everythingon internal storage so taht I can see and select said tone, but nothing is stiking; that's the problem. So frustrating.
    I'm going to check out kg4321's Lightflow suggestion - but... I'm not banking on anything.
    11-11-17 06:01 AM