I'm from Vancouver, BC. I'd be interested in helping out fellow members, just not sure the best way of going about it.
    09-04-17 08:22 PM
    I'm from Vancouver, BC. I'd be interested in helping out fellow members, just not sure the best way of going about it.
    Really? That's really big of you to consider it! I'm in Toronto and have been looking into the costs of importing a Dual sim KEYone. The straight up INR to CAD conversion on 40k INR is about 775 CAD. The shipping is what gets you. It's about 10k INR which is another 195 CAD which puts this phone out of (reasonable) reach for me. However, if there was a person who could pick it up while in India and then bring it back home to Canada... Well that changes things!

2 day xpresspost via Canada Post from Van to Tor is about $25 for a package the size of the KEYone. So the total in CAD would be $800 which would be ideal for me. Of course I would throw in a little something extra for you for your troubles!

If you're serious and are up for it (and I TOTALLY get it if you'd rather not), PM me!

Thanks!
    Last edited by danfrancisco; 09-04-17 at 10:03 PM.
    09-04-17 09:46 PM
    I want one too, just because it's the Most Perfect BlackBerry phone that will ever be made, at least the last most perfect... If anyone's concern is just the dual dim feature, the UAE ebay store was selling the Aurora, shipping cost pretty cheap. I am liking it alot now, which is what makes me want the dual sim Key One.
    09-05-17 01:23 AM
    You can but its not straightforward. My credit card initially refused the charge and then once that was overcome Amazon locked my account as they thought it had been hacked.

I got there in the end but there were a couple of obstacles.
    What more other obstacles?
    09-05-17 04:30 AM
    Really? That's really big of you to consider it! I'm in Toronto and have been looking into the costs of importing a Dual sim KEYone. The straight up INR to CAD conversion on 40k INR is about 775 CAD. The shipping is what gets you. It's about 10k INR which is another 195 CAD which puts this phone out of (reasonable) reach for me. However, if there was a person who could pick it up while in India and then bring it back home to Canada... Well that changes things!

2 day xpresspost via Canada Post from Van to Tor is about $25 for a package the size of the KEYone. So the total in CAD would be $800 which would be ideal for me. Of course I would throw in a little something extra for you for your troubles!

If you're serious and are up for it (and I TOTALLY get it if you'd rather not), PM me!

Thanks!
    Heads up, Amazon.in currently have a 1 max per customer limitation that is pretty difficult to get around but if you are buying them from separate accounts you should be OK but be aware that they might get flagged if they are being delivered to the same address.
    09-05-17 04:41 AM
    What more other obstacles?
    Just the ones I mentioned, no additional ones.
    WT44 likes this.
    09-05-17 04:43 AM
    Hey Gareth,
    As you're now about 2 weeks in (I think) with the LE Black, how is it? any feedback, issues, good things?

Cheers.
    09-20-17 06:34 PM
    I know a few people are interested in the Dual SIM functionality of the Indian Keyone variant. I've just got mine up and running and thought I'd share a few screenshots of the relevant screens and options associated with the SIM management:

Attachment 429363

Attachment 429362

The second image has both SIM cards active and you can see the two signal meters. SIM2 doesn't support 4G so I need to ensure the SIM I want to use for data is in SIM1.
    Doesn't do 4g on both same time? How about when switching manually? Thats how i needed it to work.

What i use now is a simore type dual sim adapter ribbon to switch sims via software when crossing the border. It would be nice it it can do it automatically when roaming is detected. But i do it manually and do get 4g lte on both sims. Koodo and ATT.

If no 4g on the activated sim, then i wont even bother anymore in trying to import one from India.
    09-20-17 07:00 PM
    I got my Indian dual Sim up today on t-mobile in NYC. can't get it to connect to IMS so no volte or WiFi calling. trying to get this solved as I think it's on the carrier end. otherwise I love it so far
    09-20-17 07:05 PM
    Doesn't do 4g on both same time? How about when switching manually? Thats how i needed it to work.

What i use now is a simore type dual sim adapter ribbon to switch sims via software when crossing the border. It would be nice it it can do it automatically when roaming is detected. But i do it manually and do get 4g lte on both sims. Koodo and ATT.

If no 4g on the activated sim, then i wont even bother anymore in trying to import one from India.
    As understood, you have to choose one of the 2 to use the 4G. You have a primary basically.
    On the spec sheet says: dual sim (4g+4g)
    09-21-17 01:55 AM
    I believe only sim1 can do LTE the other sime can do 4g (but not LTE 4G, so I think like hspa)
    09-21-17 06:33 AM
    I got my Indian dual Sim up today on t-mobile in NYC. can't get it to connect to IMS so no volte or WiFi calling. trying to get this solved as I think it's on the carrier end. otherwise I love it so far
    @fop518, keep us posted with your investigation with T-mobile. I am thinking of importing to the US for t-mo as well and would like to know what other issues arise.

Have you gotten any OTA updates since importing to the US?
    09-21-17 07:29 AM
    no ota updates. checkout thurasks autoloader thread. near the end someone else posted a wiki about ota updates and variants. we are a little sol with the -7 since there is only one model vs the -1s and -2s having many so there are all sorts of ota upgrades for them. I havent confirmed but I think u could run a full autoloader to get to sept patch tho
    09-21-17 07:37 AM
    im gonna go to att today and get a sim for the 2nd line. the one I had at home was too large. my goal is to keep tmobile as sim1 lte and my old att line as sim2 4g. if I can get the tmobile ims issue sorted out I will be set! loving the phone. id say go with a 4gb memory model regardless. so far its been snappy and ive loaded a ton of email accounts and 2gb of txts into the hub. missing some monitoring apps that dont work on nougat anymore tho. rip os monitor
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-17 07:47 AM
    Yeah I ultimately want to be able to run a T-Mo SIM and an AT&T SIM in the keyone. Hoping you get it to work (so I can too)!
    09-21-17 11:26 AM
    well they both work well. running dual sim tmobile and att now. but no IMS (volte and wifi calling) on tmobile and it should work so thats frustrating. every other keyone on tmobile works. att enhanced lte stuff wont ever work on nonatt phones. tmobile usually doesnt care but im finding it hard for them to help me with this thus far
    09-21-17 06:50 PM
    well they both work well. running dual sim tmobile and att now. but no IMS (volte and wifi calling) on tmobile and it should work so thats frustrating. every other keyone on tmobile works. att enhanced lte stuff wont ever work on nonatt phones. tmobile usually doesnt care but im finding it hard for them to help me with this thus far
    When you say "every other keyone on tmobile works" are you referring to the US versions of the unlocked GSM phone? Or something else?
    09-21-17 06:57 PM
    oh well definitely the 100-1s do and the -7 has the same exact radio specs as the -1s
    09-21-17 07:15 PM
    Can we just petition bbm/optiemus to send all KEYone IMEI's to carriers worldwide, or is not that simple?
    09-21-17 08:14 PM
    why dont you go ahead and try? im working every angle I can
    09-21-17 10:57 PM
    Basically just a query of a database, and output that to some file.
    09-23-17 07:31 PM
    it would be nice to do a group buy so that we can all split the cost for importing these.
    09-23-17 08:47 PM
    I'm in Vancouver too. Would love to get my hands on this. Maybe we can work something out?
    09-23-17 08:47 PM
    I too am in vancouver and have a K1 but its got some funny issues. See my thread here in case you're curious:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13082097
    11-28-17 07:10 PM
    i have almost wanted to get the dual sim blackberry. However, after reading the review on amazon india, on the many issues faced by their Indian customers on dual-sim Indian blackberry, i changed my mind and purchased the single-sim version instead. I heard dual-sim blackberry is manufactured by different manufacturers.
    11-28-17 07:58 PM
75 123