I know a few people are interested in the Dual SIM functionality of the Indian Keyone variant. I've just got mine up and running and thought I'd share a few screenshots of the relevant screens and options associated with the SIM management:

Indian KEYone Black - Dual SIM Difference-screenshot_20170901-144448.jpg

Indian KEYone Black - Dual SIM Difference-screenshot_.jpg

The second image has both SIM cards active and you can see the two signal meters. SIM2 doesn't support 4G so I need to ensure the SIM I want to use for data is in SIM1.
    WT44, Ecm, FF22 and 4 others like this.
    09-01-17 08:56 AM
    Nice, thanks. This is just what I need, but unfortunately it won't be available here in Canada.
    09-01-17 09:36 AM
    Thanks so much for sharing!!! I want to take the plunge importing the dual sim KEYone from India but am hoping someone on a Canadian carrier who has one can provide their experience. Looks like it works great in the UK per these screenshots.
    09-01-17 04:20 PM
    I should set up a fund where everyone who wants one will sponsor my vacation to India

Oh wait they might have issues with my 25 "gift" keyone leaving the country haha
    FF22, JWW and herr_tan like this.
    09-01-17 06:31 PM
    You could just ship them from there and still have your sponsorship from us...
    09-01-17 09:21 PM
    I should set up a fund where everyone who wants one will sponsor my vacation to India

Oh wait they might have issues with my 25 "gift" keyone leaving the country haha
    India won't have any problem with you leaving with 25 KEYones. Your country might with you bringing 25 KEYones.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 02:36 AM
    I know a few people are interested in the Dual SIM functionality of the Indian Keyone variant. I've just got mine up and running and thought I'd share a few screenshots of the relevant screens and options associated with the SIM management:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170901-144448.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	429363

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	429362

The second image has both SIM cards active and you can see the two signal meters. SIM2 doesn't support 4G so I need to ensure the SIM I want to use for data is in SIM1.
    Curious to know how you exactly got your hands on one? I think you are located in the U.K.?
    Does it come from Amazon.in via some third party shipment company?

Also, can you check if this works:
    1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

I don't think I ever read somewhere about the build date of these Indian phones.
    Thanks.
    09-03-17 05:30 AM
    Curious to know how you exactly got your hands on one? I think you are located in the U.K.?
    Does it come from Amazon.in via some third party shipment company?

Also, can you check if this works:
    1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

I don't think I ever read somewhere about the build date of these Indian phones.
    Thanks.
    I have a colleague who was out in India at just the right time and he brought one back to the UK for me (I ordered via Amazon.in and got it sent to where he was staying).

Build date is 29th July 2017 ( Date Code: 20170729)
    WT44 likes this.
    09-03-17 06:50 AM
    I have a colleague who was out in India at just the right time and he brought one back to the UK for me (I ordered via Amazon.in and got it sent to where he was staying).

Build date is 29th July 2017 ( Date Code: 20170729)
    Lucky you. Wish I were in your position where I would have someone going there or have someone living there.

I'm strongly considering importing one myself via a 3rd party:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...a-usa-1119943/

But I'm a bit holding back since I don't know what I'll be able to do when stuff gets broken, e.g. signal isn't working, screen separation or when this new issue someone is having, will occur with my imported device:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-issue-1123344

Did you think about how you will deal with unfortunate hardware issues?
    09-03-17 07:39 AM

Did you think about how you will deal with unfortunate hardware issues?
    Not really, to be honest I really needed dual sim so I was willing to take the risk. Also my early (I think it was an April build) Keyone was faultless so I was more willing to take the risk on this one.

I do believe that you can get a distorted view on forums sometimes, yes some people are having issues but my experience thus far has been pretty positive.
    FF22, portplayer and Pistooli like this.
    09-03-17 08:31 AM
    Not really, to be honest I really needed dual sim so I was willing to take the risk. Also my early (I think it was an April build) Keyone was faultless so I was more willing to take the risk on this one.

I do believe that you can get a distorted view on forums sometimes, yes some people are having issues but my experience thus far has been pretty positive.
    Yea, I know what you mean. As with all kinds of consumer stuff or services, people will only be (justifiable) negative on forums about something when they themselves are affected by a faulty product or bad service. But I don't think anybody would like to be THAT unfortunate customer, but $hit happens.

Fingers crossed for you man, but do let us know if you are encountering any sort of issues.

It would certainly be a disaster to not be able to get a refund or an exchange when importing. 650-750 Euro (w/ shipment) down the drain....with no solution to take care of the issue at hand when you don't have a guy in India.

Still contemplating if I would not just purchase the 64GB/4GB model w/out dual sim, but then again, I'm often traveling to non-EU countries where it would be handy to have dual sim, but I guess you had the same reasoning/deliberations when you made your choice.
    At least I would not have to buy an additional UK electricity plug here in the EU.
    09-03-17 09:15 AM
    Yes agree it wouldn't be ideal if I get an issue.

Luckily it only cost me £480 (€525) which is less than what the regular 3/32 is being sold for locally.
    09-03-17 09:18 AM
    Yes agree it wouldn't be ideal if I get an issue.

Luckily it only cost me £480 (€525) which is less than what the regular 3/32 is being sold for locally.
    Man, E 525, that's crazy. For that amount I would take the risk more easily for sure. The
    black edition w/out dual-SIM is E 650 in the Netherlands/Germany.

If I would live in New York with the millions of foreign restaurants (unlike where I'm located), I would certainly go try to make new friends in some Indian Deli LOL. Have some guy bring it along for me without me having to deal with the 21% tax & custom(duties)/import fees, aside from the shipment costs and process costs from the middleman. Tax & custom(duties)/import fees is an additional E 150, so that would be E 529+150+35(shipment)=~E 715 vs E650 for a non-dual SIM black ed. Now only if the middleman would agree to send it as a "gift" with a below $20 value....
    Last edited by WT44; 09-03-17 at 01:44 PM.
    09-03-17 09:37 AM
    At least we get the other and updated hardware specs!
    09-03-17 11:53 AM
    Hmm... I have a colleague who is going to India in November. I'm in the US. If I dig the ATT model I'm getting, might go for the IN model next.
    09-03-17 01:00 PM
    I'm going to be in Bangalore the third week of September and I think I'm going to get one ordered to my hotel via Amazon. My current KeyOne that I got on Amazon at launch just got the screen lift issue. It sucks, but Blackberry is offering an exchange. Problem is I will have 2 phones so I will prob sell the other one.

Are the KeyOne Special Editions made after they resolved the screen lift issue? I don't go to India often enough to do an exchange, but I'd really like the dual SIM.
    09-04-17 12:53 AM

Are the KeyOne Special Editions made after they resolved the screen lift issue? I don't go to India often enough to do an exchange, but I'd really like the dual SIM.
    I think its probably safe to assume they were, my build date is end of July and I understand the changes to the screen assembly were bought in at the beginning of July.
    09-04-17 02:16 AM
    I'm going to be in Bangalore the third week of September and I think I'm going to get one ordered to my hotel via Amazon. My current KeyOne that I got on Amazon at launch just got the screen lift issue. It sucks, but Blackberry is offering an exchange. Problem is I will have 2 phones so I will prob sell the other one.

Not sure if you can pay using foreign credit card. I read in another thread that Amazon India cancel all orders using foreign credit cards. Not sure it it's still the case now.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 04:13 AM
    Not sure if you can pay using foreign credit card. I read in another thread that Amazon India cancel all orders using foreign credit cards. Not sure it it's still the case now.

Posted via CB10
    You can but its not straightforward. My credit card initially refused the charge and then once that was overcome Amazon locked my account as they thought it had been hacked.

I got there in the end but there were a couple of obstacles.
    09-04-17 05:08 AM
    Thanks for the payment issues heads up, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll buy an Indian currency vlsa gift card to make it easier.
    09-04-17 10:26 AM
    Thanks Gareth for this post.
    Looking forward to get some more feedbacks from you regarding the Dual Sim.
    09-04-17 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the payment issues heads up, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll buy an Indian currency vlsa gift card to make it easier.
    Even if this were to work, would Amazon India ship to Canada? Something tells me no.
    09-04-17 04:00 PM
    Even if this were to work, would Amazon India ship to Canada? Something tells me no.
    No they won't, but I'm going to be in India in less than 3 weeks and will get it there.
    09-04-17 04:04 PM
    No they won't, but I'm going to be in India in less than 3 weeks and will get it there.
    You wouldn't happen to live in Canada and have some extra room in that suitcase of yours would you?
    09-04-17 07:22 PM
    Following this thread.
    09-04-17 07:52 PM
75 123