08-02-17 03:52 AM
72 123
tools
    Any thoughts on how much of an actual difference in performance 4gb ram could have vs 3 gb? Presume it would depend on a number of variables? Trying to decide whether to wait or get the existing version. Also bit skeptical of Optiemus still (their website is rather uninspiring and they list only $670 mln in revenue), though I would be more comforted if Winstron does produce it.
    05-13-17 04:21 AM
    Wow, great news for us

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 04:31 AM
    The fun is just about to start *party*

Posted via CB10
    Haha if the upgrade is true I can smell a riot cooking right now from those early adopters of KEYone lol...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-13-17 05:42 AM
    Wow, great news for us

Posted via CB10
    What's great news? That there's an unsubstantiated rumor that's likely to be complete BS that involves your country?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-13-17 10:02 PM
    Well we shall see, 14th of June is not too far away, besides the 3gb one is not even available anywhere right now, so if indeed they do show up again end of May, another 14 days won't hurt to wait, would be awesome if it was true though, because a K1 Dual Sim is more or less my PP and Nexus 6p, I'm tired of lugging them about daily!
    05-17-17 03:21 PM
    Variant for emerging market(s) -- yep, I buy it
    Dual SIM option -- sure, Sammy's done this before, too
    Slightly different SoC -- I'd believe that, too
    Higher RAM -- nope, don't think so

I'd believe almost any downgrade or lateral variant of hardware, but an UPGRADE for an emerging market? I don't see the point, given the value prop. of the KEYone to begin with.
    05-17-17 03:42 PM
    OK, maybe. But don't go placing any bets on a maybe.
    Isn't it possible for any of you over at Mobile Nations to get it officially confirmed or denied? I understand that it's not that simple, but with that extra gig of RAM, it's starting to sound like that dream KeyOne Kevin's always talking about.
    05-18-17 03:18 AM
    It can happen even though it seems fake. BlackBerry will squeeze money out of us and then with lesser margin release the upgraded version in India and other Asian markets 😉

Saying that BlackBerry has never done that before however it isn't BlackBerry making the device. TCL knows their market and there's a good chance they will release the upgraded model in Indonesia etc where BlackBerry still is huge.

I'm not worried. The current one is working fine. Perhaps there'll be a new KeyTwo coming next year.
    05-18-17 03:52 AM
    See it as a 9800->9810 upgrade.
    05-18-17 03:57 AM
    The same web site that said a 4GB RAM K1 is coming to India is now saying it will be released in July. Still a bit skeptical. It may not be a K1, it could be an Aurora type phone launched by BB's Indonesian partner, but let's see. https://phoneradar.com/exclusive-upg...july-rs-39999/
    06-27-17 03:21 AM
    Exclusive: Upgraded Blackberry KEYone to Launch in India for Rs. 39,999 » PhoneRadar

Sorry to link to another site, but if true, this should find a way to Canada! Don't care for dual sim, but four gigs of ram should be appreciated.

Posted via CB10... for now...
    This is how they should have released it from day 1.

I hate how all these damn Android OEMs are doing better species variants in select countries.

Samsung has a 6GB S8 in S.Korea and Chuna.
    LG has a G6 with Quad DAC and more Memory in S.Korea
    Sony disables Finger Print Scanning in its USA devices

Etc etc etc... uggh...
    06-27-17 03:52 AM
    If anything this variation of KEYone would be seen in South Korea and I have only heard that if they get an upgraded version it would be the ram only but if they get dual sim too, I will be transform into the only rattlesnake in the Midwest.
    06-27-17 04:12 AM
    Latest Just-In :
    BlackBerry KEYone With More RAM Coming Soon To India

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...oon-india.html

1) 4GB RAM
    2) VoLTE
    3) Dual Sim Support

Count me in biotches! Will wait for this variant and buy it off EBay. But will have to take the risk if anything goes wrong with the hardware.
    06-27-17 11:46 AM
    There is definitely a new 4 gb Ram BB device coming out in India, but there's another web site that cast some skepticism about whether it would be an Indian version of the K1 or an entirely new device. https://www.bbin.in/2017/06/waiting-...artphone-soon/
    If it is indeed a K1 the other thing to note is what type of quality and system integration we'll see. Just 'cause it has 4 gb Ram won't necessarily make it a faster or better performing device, especially if it ends up having nagging issues.
    06-27-17 12:21 PM
    Lol people are going to be p-i-s-s-e-d...
    06-27-17 03:07 PM
    There is definitely a new 4 gb Ram BB device coming out in India, but there's another web site that cast some skepticism about whether it would be an Indian version of the K1 or an entirely new device. https://www.bbin.in/2017/06/waiting-...artphone-soon/
    If it is indeed a K1 the other thing to note is what type of quality and system integration we'll see. Just 'cause it has 4 gb Ram won't necessarily make it a faster or better performing device, especially if it ends up having nagging issues.
    I recall seeing an article with a device that was completely different that the KEYone. Completely different model number was leaked. It wasn't BBB100. That being said I support another KEYone so long as it a.) Greater RAM; b.) Dual SIM; and c.) Bands that support AT&T data (at lease two primary LTE bands) and voice comprehensively.

By the way I find it ignorant for people to think that the KEYone will not have VoLTE and Advanced Calling features added via software update. Is the phone's hardware truly not capable of this??
    06-28-17 01:03 AM
    Another interesting bit about India is that the recently created BlackBerry Mobile India account @bbmobileIndia has been running #smartisblack teasers for some upcoming product. Strictly guessing here but surely the possibilities are a) a completely new BB-branded mobile phone b) the Indian version of K1 but for some reason being described as being black or ... c) an all-black K1?
    06-28-17 10:47 AM
    "sin for worm"

Posted via CB10... for now...
    I love that...
    06-28-17 11:00 AM
    if they proffer a 4gb volte dual SIM KEYᵒⁿᵉ device elsewhere, the US market will turn its back on BlackBerry (Canada to if they don't get it)...
    06-28-17 11:05 AM
    Do keep in mind BB has a different partner in India, Optiemus. In most other countries, including the U.S. and Canada, it's TCL which is why conceivably there could be a different version of a K1 in India.

Still there are a lot of questions like who actually owns the rights to the K1. I thought BB had only signed branding agreements and TCL had produced the K1 based on an original design from BB.

If TCL owns the rights to the K1 why would it sub-license it to Optiemus and then allow it to make modifications to the design/specs? Optiemus could just get a distribution agreement and import the phones, the way it does for the Dtek phones.

Anyway guess we'll all find out very soon.
    06-28-17 12:15 PM
    Huh. So after a series of "SmartIsBlack tweets over the past 2 weeks hinting at some type of upcoming black smartphone, BlackBerry's Indian partner tweets the strongest hint it will be a keyboard phone of some sorts: "Struggling with Auto-Correct or butter fingers? Make a smart move #SmartIsBlack " https://twitter.com/BBMobileIndia/st...28517410807808
    Uzi likes this.
    07-06-17 08:01 AM
    Dual sim, but are both numbers active ??
    08-02-17 03:52 AM
72 123