I tried upgrading from a Q20 Classic to a keyONE Black Edition about a year ago and went for the international version because it was ~$40 cheaper on Amazon. Huge mistake. After the third time it accidentally called the RCMP (triple-tapping the power button calls 911 on this model if you weren't aware) I just threw the thing in a bin and never used it again.

I know you can't root the phone right now but do you think it will ever be possible? Do you think BB would put out a software patch or something? It's something that has affected a ton of users by now.
    stephenabm likes this.
    09-07-20 03:28 PM
    I tried upgrading from a Q20 Classic to a keyONE Black Edition about a year ago and went for the international version because it was ~$40 cheaper on Amazon. Huge mistake. After the third time it accidentally called the RCMP (triple-tapping the power button calls 911 on this model if you weren't aware) I just threw the thing in a bin and never used it again.

I know you can't root the phone right now but do you think it will ever be possible? Do you think BB would put out a software patch or something? It's something that has affected a ton of users by now.
    Nope.
    09-07-20 04:01 PM
    Do you think BB would put out a software patch or something? It's something that has affected a ton of users by now.
    It may seem to be a bug to you, but that was intentional and it is working as it should.
    Regardless, it would be up to Optiemus to ask BlackBerry for changes and that relationship is as over as over can be.
    09-07-20 06:31 PM

Technically you could revert back to the last patch before that was implemented, if you can figure out which it is and find the autoloader for it.
    09-07-20 06:55 PM
    Do the Android apps that block outbound calls work to block dialing 112?
    Perhaps an alternate dialer would help?
    09-08-20 12:34 AM
    Do the Android apps that block outbound calls work to block dialing 112?
    Perhaps an alternate dialer would help?
    The function is built into the OS.
    09-08-20 05:59 AM

I have the same issue, every so often "911" is dialed and is embarrassing and forces me to explain that there is no emergency. It is crazy!
    10-16-20 10:44 AM
    I have the same issue, every so often "911" is dialed and is embarrassing and forces me to explain that there is no emergency. It is crazy!
    Only way to get rid of that is to get rid of the phone lol
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-16-20 11:07 AM