It would just be nice to see BB even try to support it's home nation, especially after Chen cries for more support "back home in Canada" where we still can't get an unlocked KeyONE.

Hard to support BB if the supply isn't there.
    BB, the Canadian outfit, doesn't make or sell phones anymore. TCL/BBMo is definitely not a Canadian outfit.
    08-13-17 09:28 PM
    They did however design it but you're right the DTEK60 was the last one they officially distributed.

What it seems like you're really saying is that either BB burned their bridges or are unwilling to use their connections within their home nation for a product they designed but license to blackberrymobile (as if that name won't cause confusion - bbm?) run by TCL.

Perhaps Rogers/Bell has some ax to grind?
    08-13-17 09:39 PM
    They did however design it but you're right the DTEK60 was the last one they officially distributed.

What it seems like you're really saying is that either BB burned their bridges or are unwilling to use their connections within their home nation for a product they designed but license to blackberrymobile (as if that name won't cause confusion - bbm?) run by TCL.

Perhaps Rogers/Bell has some ax to grind?
    BB and Chen are just looking to grow their existing software business where they are currently getting the bulk of revenues. This software business does not really need the licensing revenue as is. The revenue as is would be small compared to overall BB software revenue. If BBMo wants and can sell more devices, they will pay more licensing revenue to BB and pay for additional software development support, if they feel that's a successful business strategy.

The difference is that BBMo will have to bear the risk first and BB will take very little or no risk. For the unforeseeable future, this is how it will be since the institutional shareholders demand this from John Chen.
    08-13-17 09:54 PM
    Yes.
    08-13-17 10:12 PM
    I'm so happy for Samsung. Let's face it. Competition brings out the best.

The Android population loves Samsung as it kept getting better and better, and the S8 h/w-s/w integration with touchwiz/bixby/S3 Gear in my books feels as good as a Closed Source OS h/w-s/w integration (read: Apple iPhone 7 with latest Apple Watch).

OTOH BlackBerry's own Android can't beat their dead 10.3.3, and the Koreans beat 10.3.3 with their Knox!

Admittedly i'm no more a BlackBerry fan boy/lover/praiser/BB10 flow lover/or whatever you can label someone who *used to* like BB, and i wish every android buyer goes Samsung so that they can keep getting better and make wonderful products like the S8 which i purchased recently and so happy with it.

To all those who might ask Why am i on CB? Well, if you look at the basic premise of my post, it concerns security in gold & the bolds and curves have lost their sheen and quite frankly BB can't no more claim Gold standard in security.

Oh and as much as BlackBerry may say whatever hardware deployed, we secure communication channels (BES 12/Good/saywhatyou BB backend s/w), your so called He-man stance isn't enough to jack up your stock and neither do you deploy/sponsor some journalist/press house (Canadian/US) who can write/clarify as clear as your directors are forced to write out on BB fact-check Blog posts.

Mere mentions of Gartner et al doesn't seem to do it these days.

For the rest- enjoy your beautiful new/old physical keyboards! (I now get my fix from my laptop)
    Last edited by valer466; 09-07-17 at 04:42 AM.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    09-07-17 04:06 AM
    have you tryed K1? how is that compare to the S8 on ads and spam? thx. if you still here (CB)...
    09-07-17 09:17 AM
    have you tryed K1? how is that compare to the S8 on ads and spam? thx. if you still here (CB)...
    I don't get ads/spam overload on my S8 because i've dumbed down the googel ad settings to the max and use an ad blocker browser and pay for important apps that i can't tolerate ads on. Priv was just too hot to hold and died so soon with less than 3 hours SOT.

I could've done the same on Keyone to avoid spam/ad overload, but i don't enjoy small screens and a full time pkb and prefer a fulltime vkb.
    09-11-17 08:04 AM
    I'm so happy for Samsung. Let's face it. Competition brings out the best.

The Android population loves Samsung as it kept getting better and better, and the S8 h/w-s/w integration with touchwiz/bixby/S3 Gear in my books feels as good as a Closed Source OS h/w-s/w integration (read: Apple iPhone 7 with latest Apple Watch).

OTOH BlackBerry's own Android can't beat their dead 10.3.3, and the Koreans beat 10.3.3 with their Knox!

Admittedly i'm no more a BlackBerry fan boy/lover/praiser/BB10 flow lover/or whatever you can label someone who *used to* like BB, and i wish every android buyer goes Samsung so that they can keep getting better and make wonderful products like the S8 which i purchased recently and so happy with it.

To all those who might ask Why am i on CB? Well, if you look at the basic premise of my post, it concerns security in gold & the bolds and curves have lost their sheen and quite frankly BB can't no more claim Gold standard in security.

Oh and as much as BlackBerry may say whatever hardware deployed, we secure communication channels (BES 12/Good/saywhatyou BB backend s/w), your so called He-man stance isn't enough to jack up your stock and neither do you deploy/sponsor some journalist/press house (Canadian/US) who can write/clarify as clear as your directors are forced to write out on BB fact-check Blog posts.

Mere mentions of Gartner et al doesn't seem to do it these days.

For the rest- enjoy your beautiful new/old physical keyboards! (I now get my fix from my laptop)
    I love the way you write... and it helps that you are spot on!
    valer466 likes this.
    09-14-17 07:17 PM
58 123