Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I do have a gripe about the skin of incoming calls via the stock phone app... on KEYᵒⁿᵉ the target is so low near to the PKB border attempting at refusing an incoming call by dragging the target downward is often a failure as there's not enough room for the refusal downswipe... is there any way to make this better?
    02-07-19 05:08 PM
    I set my incoming calls notification importance to High (vs Urgent) in which case it never pops on the screen.

I get a call, pull down the notification shade from which you have three buttons to choose from, one is Accept, second is Reject and I do not recall what the third one is...

I find it much easier to handle; can't stand notifications of any kind popping on my screen.
    02-07-19 05:28 PM
    I just use the Google phone dialer app (the one in Pixel phones) instead of the stock one that comes installed on the phone
    Last edited by the_boon; 02-08-19 at 09:07 AM.
    02-07-19 11:48 PM
    I just use the Google phone dialer app (the one in Pxe phones) instead of the stock one that comes installed on the phone
    And how to do that? Sounds like something worth to try.
    02-08-19 03:22 AM
    And how to do that? Sounds like something worth to try.
    Here you go:

https://m.apkpure.com/phone/com.google.android.dialer

Just download and install the apk and set it as the default phone app
    02-08-19 09:09 AM
    I just use the Google phone dialer app (the one in Pixel phones) instead of the stock one that comes installed on the phone
    What features are lost by doing that?
    02-08-19 11:02 AM
    Here you go:

https://m.apkpure.com/phone/com.google.android.dialer

Just download and install the apk and set it as the default phone app
    On my KEYᵒⁿᵉ fails to install...
    BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001 on ABP306
    02-08-19 11:07 AM
    On my KEYᵒⁿᵉ fails to install...
    BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001 on ABP306
    Weird. Did you allow installation of apps from unknown sources ?
    02-08-19 02:52 PM
    Actually, downloaded from that link (apkpure) and would not install... found it on another site (apkmirror) and it loaded and installed... then I found it looks exactly like the BlackBerry stock dialer but has a few extra options... went back to the original... my question: how come the denial swipe on incoming is so far down the bottom it's almost impossible to refuse... I want the incoming interface since, for physical reasons, I ALWAYS use speakerphone... that said, I sure wish there were a way to make speakerphone the default...
    02-08-19 05:06 PM
    Weird. Did you allow installation of apps from unknown sources ?
    Oreo no longer offers blanket unknown source permission as in prior android versions. It is a per app item. I used chrome to download. Chrome is an enabled app...
    02-08-19 07:17 PM
    so I tried the pixel dialer and didn't like it any better and removed it ... now my phone is "double ringing" playing the ringtone staccato over itself... how can I fix that?

UPDATE: used an old trick learned on my old Motorola M3100 Windows Mobile phone years ago... I reinstalled the pixel dialer, then in settings/apps Forces stop, cleared data, uninstalled... result is double ringtone is fixed...

However, now stoxk phone app only shows pop at screen top and no longer pops full screen with swipe like before...

Went to settings/notifications... set to urgent for incoming calls and did 32 second 3 vibration reboot... no joy

What now?
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 02-09-19 at 02:16 PM.
    02-09-19 01:57 PM
    Set to draw over other apps?
    02-09-19 02:54 PM