I bought my original silver keyone from Selfridges London back in early may when it was the only place you can get one.

My 4 friends and I rounded up some cash and asked another friend who was in the UK to get it for us. We live in Malaysia.

The problems varied from unit to unit within our group of 5. I have the signal (antenna) problem and 3 of the 5 had the screen popping off problem. Some have loose vol and power buttons and other had the light bleed problems. Also there were the android back, home and regents buttons which were not very responsive.

I personally could not use my phone while lying down which was a definite first for me. I also had the problem with the Un responsive buttons I mentioned.

I'm aware that these problems always happen with newly released phones and it's not exclusive to blackberry. I've owned the PRIV, passport, Z30 and Q5 before and most of the time you hear about production problems with the first batches.

Now since the unit were purchased from the UK we didn't have a warranty to cover the screens locally so I then advised my 3 friends to get the screen reinstalled by a local mobile repair store using extra adhesives and it has worked normally since.

My own unit did not have the screen popping out problem but as a precaution I got the same repairman to apply more adhesive and he manged to pop the screen out fairly easily, applied the adhesive and then gave the phone back to me. A 15 min job max.

Yesterday I purchased the Black edition with 64gb of memory and 4gb of ram and I must say they have (at least for me) fixed the antenna issue as well as the screen issue as the same repairman tried to gently pop the screen out and was met with alot more resistance. He said any harder and he would break the screen. The button problem is also gone.

So far I'm very happy with the black edition and will report if there's any problems in the next few days.

From now on I'm going to wait a few months before buying any newly released phone.
    FF22 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-26-17 11:26 AM

From now on I'm going to wait a few months before buying any newly released phone.
    Generally that is a wise decision... even Samsung had issues last year with their NOTES, so it can happen to anyone.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-26-17 11:46 AM
    I picked up an unlocked Black Edition (Canada/USA version) Iast week and I have to say I am very impressed so far. Build quality is definitely better than the early build Silver KeyONE (carrier version) that I subsequently returned. Too early to say if reception issues are completely gone, but so far it is performing well and I am really enjoying the elegant black finish and 64GB internal memory. Well worth the extra $40 or so!
    09-26-17 12:04 PM
    I wonder if anyone can verify through testing or anecdotally if the black edition reception is indeed improved?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 12:08 PM
    I'm also intrigued if the Black 4GB has better reception. We already know the AT&T Black doesn't have any improvements compared to the original.
    09-26-17 12:21 PM
    I'm also intrigued if the Black 4GB has better reception. We already know the AT&T Black doesn't have any improvements compared to the original.
    I can say this...it's only been a few days for me, but so far I don't notice any significant difference in terms of (indoor) signal levels, which was where I had encountered issues with my original KeyONE. I am using the device naked (no case). However, so far I have no dropped calls either. Combine that with the capacitive buttons and random reboot issues on my first KeyONE (and the screen issues of others) and I am ready to accept my first KeyONE may have had some build issues (as opposed to this being an inherent flaw in the KeyONE design).

At any rate, I have purchased a few oem cases (dual layer shell and leather flip case) as I normally do with all my BlackBerry phones, so I am expecting this will help normalize signal reception going forward. For me, the Black Edition is still nice enough an improvement over the original to make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by panopticon; 09-26-17 at 02:00 PM.
    09-26-17 01:20 PM
    I can say this...it's only been a few days for me, but so far I don't notice any significant difference in terms of (indoor) signal levels, which was where I had encountered issues with my original KeyONE. I am using the device naked (no case). However, so far I have no dropped calls either. Combine that with the capacitive buttons and random reboot issues on my first KeyONE (and the screen issues of others) and I am ready to accept my first KeyONE may have had some build issues (as opposed to this being an inherent flaw in the KeyONE design).

At any rate, I have purchased a few oem cases (dual layer shell and leather flip case) as I normally do with all my BlackBerry phones, so I am expecting this will help normalize signal reception going forward. For me, the Black Edition is still nice enough an improvement over the original to make it worthwhile.
    I second this. The black edition and I'm guessing the July onwards silvers have sorted many issues.
    09-26-17 02:14 PM
    The main question is, does it feel and perform better in day to day life. With my usage style, I hated the constant loading of apps when switched. This should be improved with 4 GB.
    09-27-17 10:27 AM
    Generally that is a wise decision... even Samsung had issues last year with their NOTES, so it can happen to anyone.
    Ditto
    09-27-17 10:47 AM
    I’m looking forward to getting one, in particular as there seems to be a chance that the reception quality improved.
    Also, I had SD card troubles with 2 silver K1s (probably HW issues), and therefore copied all data into internal memory, to allow for continued use of the device, and was absolutely amazed of how much faster internal memory was (although having used fast SD cards). Scanning of a ~15GB music library took ~30 to 45 seconds on SD and 5 to 10 seconds on internal storage. So I’m planning to use internal storage only, and 64 will be sufficient for me. 32 is not enough.
    09-27-17 01:30 PM
    Differences I've noticed other than the color for the Canadian version of the black bought Oct 4 vs the unlocked silver bought Aug 30.

1. Build date was Sept 15 for the black vs Aug for the silver. They both have the screen fix so likely no difference relative to the lift problem.
    2. Signal has one extra bar for the black in a known bad spot in my house.
    3. I've seen 2 blacks and about 10 silvers and the black has a whiter warmer screen that the silvers which were all blue or cold.
    4. Black has a slightly brighter screen. Not massively so but still noticeable.
    5. The KB may be a bit more clicky and all of the keys seem to be more consistent on the black.
    6. The silver's keyboard seemed to develop a lean to the left after a while. Not sure if the black will do this. So far its perfect.
    7. I don't think the battery drains as fast on the black but this may just be fantasy on my behalf.
    8. The black seems a little faster when a lot of apps are open. Granted I don't use that many non-business apps and never had a problem with the silver so I can't say the black is materially better.
    9. The kb back lit keys is more uniform on the black.
    Last edited by mhw100; 10-09-17 at 05:36 PM.
    10-09-17 04:59 PM
    This was my concern as OP regarding the Silver, so I'm glad to hear some positive response regarding the black. Just wondering if anyone has compared the audio of the speaker for music, youtube or using as a speaker phone with the black version. Is it louder by chance? I went in the Sprint store on Saturday to play with the Silver and was shocked at the tiny and thin sound of the speaker. I knew it couldn't compare with my Passport as it blew the Silver away. But I was hoping it could at least keep up with my Priv. Unfortunately, the Priv won hands down as well in volume and a slightly fuller sound. Has anyone compared the black against the Silver Keyone. Is the Black louder or the same? I was just about to place the order till I heard that tiny sound coming for the Silver. I won't be able to hang with that as I can barely handle the Priv's weaker audio when compared to my SE Passport. Thx everyone for the input.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 09:20 PM
    I don't notice any difference regarding the speaker sound.
    10-09-17 09:29 PM
    I picked up an unlocked Black Edition (Canada/USA version) Iast week and I have to say I am very impressed so far. Build quality is definitely better than the early build Silver KeyONE (carrier version) that I subsequently returned. Too early to say if reception issues are completely gone, but so far it is performing well and I am really enjoying the elegant black finish and 64GB internal memory. Well worth the extra $40 or so!
    Are you in the US or Canada? I am in the US and wanting a black K1 which isn't sold here...do you a single SIM version? If it even exists in Black???
    10-09-17 10:37 PM
    Are you in the US or Canada? I am in the US and wanting a black K1 which isn't sold here...do you a single SIM version? If it even exists in Black???
    I am in Canada. Oddly enough, the Black Edition being sold here (the one I own) has the same model designation as the silver one (BBB100-1) so I am assuming the only difference (other than the colour) is 64GB internal memory and 4GB ram. And yes, it is single sim. Only the Indian version has dual sim, and that one is actually called 'Limited Edition Black' just to make things more confusing.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-09-17 11:01 PM
    I am in Canada. Oddly enough, the Black Edition being sold here (the one I own) has the same model designation as the silver one (BBB100-1) so I am assuming the only difference (other than the colour) is 64GB internal memory and 4GB ram. And yes, it is single sim. Only the Indian version has dual sim, and that one is actually called 'Limited Edition Black' just to make things more confusing.
    What a cluster...ghutrk!!
    10-09-17 11:43 PM
    Where did you get yours? Just ordered one from a Canadian retailer but not sure about it..
    10-10-17 06:20 PM
    Blueshop.ca is the vendor I just used, delivered to a friend in Canada. Can do the same for you, she will charge a small fee to go ship it to you.

I tried directly to us from amazon.ca , put order in, they never notified me but they scratched my order the next day. Terrible service, try Blueshop, phone is in stock.
    10-10-17 06:28 PM
    Blueshop.ca is the vendor I just used, delivered to a friend in Canada. Can do the same for you, she will charge a small fee to go ship it to you.

I tried directly to us from amazon.ca , put order in, they never notified me but they scratched my order the next day. Terrible service, try Blueshop, phone is in stock.
    Blueshop is a good choice. I've purchased from them before and they are great. I got my black edition for about $40 CDN less but I also picked it up direct from a wholesaler in the Toronto area, so no returns, exchanges etc. I took a chance with it I guess I but I figured TCL probably worked out all the kinks by now. Gotta commit sooner or later, ha ha. So far it's been well worth it. No issues.
    bb4work likes this.
    10-10-17 06:34 PM
    Any other updates on this? I am now in the position on getting a Black 4GB Keyone but would love to know whether the money is really worth it to go from my Priv to the Keyone.
    10-12-17 05:47 AM
    Any other updates on this? I am now in the position on getting a Black 4GB Keyone but would love to know whether the money is really worth it to go from my Priv to the Keyone.
    Not even a question. I cant even touch my priv anymore. Keyone blows it out of the water in every way so far. Dont hesitate. especially if u can get the 4gb version. Im constantly at 3.2gb ram usage.
    10-12-17 06:17 PM
    Is the keyboard swiping improved at all?

I had an early silver and this feature was pretty much un-usable and I just ended up scrolling on the screen which kind of defeated the object
    10-13-17 11:12 AM
    Is the keyboard swiping improved at all?

I had an early silver and this feature was pretty much un-usable and I just ended up scrolling on the screen which kind of defeated the object
    you mean like, swipe up on the keyboard to use the word predict/replacement feature? It works fine for me.

I have a black that i imported off an ebay seller. it's not the canadian build (malaysian build maybe) but is a 4GB/64GB black version and i get one bar of signal at a local eatery that i previously got zero bars at with my nexus 5x, 6P, and pixel phones. so i'm happy with mine.
    10-13-17 03:33 PM
    Yes. I'm finding the signal is about one bar better too in known bad spots.
    10-13-17 03:38 PM
    you mean like, swipe up on the keyboard to use the word predict/replacement feature? It works fine for me.
    No the swipe up, it was more swiping on the keyboard for navigation e.g. scrolling web pages up/down.
    10-14-17 03:19 AM
27 12