Hey Guys,

I'm trying to make an informed decision. I own the silver K1 but badly want the black limited edition (4GB RAM version). I'm in Toronto, Canada.

Option 1:
    Import from India. I can order from Amazon India to a friend's place in Delhi, India.
    $39990 INR = ~$760 CAD. My friend can ship it to me, looked at shipping rates online for DHL it's approximately ~$150 express shipping. That works out to $760 + $150 = $910 CAD (ltd edition in my hands). Can anyone think of any other costs with this options? I have no idea about duty/customs.

Option 2:
    Wait for TCL to start selling in Canada. It will cost about $900 including tax. I have no idea when this will happen. We're told Q3, starting in UK - but I haven't had any actual dates and just remembering how crazy things got with the classic silver edition, I really don't want to hold my breath for that long again. I remember it came to UK like a few weeks before it came to Canada.

I really don't care about warranty aspect, I've never claimed warranty for anything - I'm a paranoid android when it comes to my tech. I take good care.

What I do care about:
    - has to be unlocked (check)
    - has to work in Canada with LTE (based on what i read it should work).

What do you guys think I should do? I'm on crackberry multiple times a day looking for updates.
    Anybody else on the same boat as me?
    09-11-17 03:26 PM
    Wait until it becomes available in Canada. The freight amount from India is ridiculous. And...if you end up getting a bum device from India... then what?
    09-11-17 03:57 PM
    If dual SIM isn't a concern then I'd wait.
    09-11-17 04:29 PM
    Imagine spending all that time and money on securing your dream phone and for whatever reason, you need a warranty fix....
    09-11-17 05:26 PM
    but the wait hurts lmao
    09-11-17 07:03 PM
    If you wait, you'll get one in January, maybe February/March, here in Canada. If you import, you'll be SoL for repairs but you'll actually have a new phone this year.
    09-11-17 08:33 PM
    Don't forget DHL WILL charge you at least $75 for customs handling and duties up and above the shipping costs.
    09-12-17 02:20 AM
    Remember if you end up with a bum phone YOU will pay the reverse shipping and perhaps return shipping. Chances are from my experience you should be ok but this could turn into a complete waste of time or a huge financial nightmare. I was tempted but.... nah
    09-12-17 08:33 AM
    If you are planning to sell your current one, you will get a better resale value the sooner you do it!

(lots of people swaying you to wait, thought someone should offer something for the other side!)
    09-12-17 08:59 AM
    I don't understand why blackberry mobile announce the black one unlocked and Canada without a date

all that does is cannibal eyes the silver addition blackberry key one and it forces people to wait for the black edition

so instead of getting consumers money and Ziploc primo most pockets now, there d'Alene that process. As a business you want to get people's money as soon as you can, this makes no sense to me

edit, I freaking hate this new voice to text

the original one was way better
    mrisad likes this.
    09-12-17 10:48 AM
    If you are planning to sell your current one, you will get a better resale value the sooner you do it!

(lots of people swaying you to wait, thought someone should offer something for the other side!)
    I've totally considered that too!
    09-12-17 12:58 PM
    Enjoy the original K1 for now and wait for the new version to arrive early next year. Save$$$ and sell your current K1 to recoup some of your costs.
    09-12-17 06:25 PM