Hi folks,

I started out by setting up a pattern lock on my spare Key One (company phone connected to Google Workstations formerly Gsuite).

I had the phone in my drawer as a backup and went to open it last week but I forgot the lock code. I had previously reset by entering the lock pattern wrong X number of times so when it said it was going to wipe and reset it I simply kept going.

The phone was wiped but when I went to setup the phone I was surprised to find that it asked me to enter the lock pattern but also gave me an option to login with a google account.

I logged in with our Gsuite super admin account which is the account that was previously registered on the device and it gives me this error message, "Please Sign in One of the Owners Account for This Device".

I am 100% certain that the account registered on this phone since I bought it is that account. Just in case I tried my personal account and it didn't work either.

I have been trying to find out how to wipe the device but to no avail. I tried Vol Up and Power but it doesn't bring the recovery menu up, instead it's just a limited menu allowing me to see the serial number/barcodes and boot into fast boot.

Please help, I really need to use this device and Google claim the problem isn't them but the device.

I used Mobile Upgrade Q which clearly updated the device to the latest version but that hasn't reset the lock on the phone.

It is so annoying because Google are useless and we need the phone for the business.

Fyi, the phone was bought used from an eBay seller but reset before use as my Key 2 is my main phone which I bought from new and use every day.

Can the great minds of Crackberry help? Thanks in advance.
    12-02-21 10:58 AM
    Hi folks,

I started out by setting up a pattern lock on my spare Key One (company phone connected to Google Workstations formerly Gsuite).

I had the phone in my drawer as a backup and went to open it last week but I forgot the lock code. I had previously reset by entering the lock pattern wrong X number of times so when it said it was going to wipe and reset it I simply kept going.

The phone was wiped but when I went to setup the phone I was surprised to find that it asked me to enter the lock pattern but also gave me an option to login with a google account.

I logged in with our Gsuite super admin account which is the account that was previously registered on the device and it gives me this error message, "Please Sign in One of the Owners Account for This Device".

I am 100% certain that the account registered on this phone since I bought it is that account. Just in case I tried my personal account and it didn't work either.

I have been trying to find out how to wipe the device but to no avail. I tried Vol Up and Power but it doesn't bring the recovery menu up, instead it's just a limited menu allowing me to see the serial number/barcodes and boot into fast boot.

Please help, I really need to use this device and Google claim the problem isn't them but the device.

I used Mobile Upgrade Q which clearly updated the device to the latest version but that hasn't reset the lock on the phone.

It is so annoying because Google are useless and we need the phone for the business.

Fyi, the phone was bought used from an eBay seller but reset before use as my Key 2 is my main phone which I bought from new and use every day.

Can the great minds of Crackberry help? Thanks in advance.
    You can't get by the anti-theft. Contact your admin for the current credentials.
    12-02-21 11:18 AM
    You can't get by the anti-theft. Contact your admin for the current credentials.
    Interesting but if I'm the Super Admin and creator of the account and company, who would my admin be?
    12-02-21 11:21 AM
    This is what Google says and the account that owns the phone is this one.

You are an administrator

You, ???????@????.com, are an administrator of accounts at ????.com. In fact, you're what's called a super administrator, meaning you can manage all aspects of people's accounts. If you want, you can grant other people at ????.com privileges to be an administrator, too.

Managing Google services

To manage user accounts, devices, or Google services for your domain, go to your Google Admin console. At your Admin console, you can do things like:

Add users to your account

Reset a user's password, if they forget it

Turn on services you want people to use, such as Google Drive or YouTube

Suspend or remove user accounts

Contact a Google support expert for help
    12-02-21 11:45 AM
    Interesting but if I'm the Super Admin and creator of the account and company, who would my admin be?
    In that case, you are simply not remembering the correct credentials that the phone was using.
    12-02-21 11:55 AM
    In that case, you are simply not remembering the correct credentials that the phone was using.
    I appreciate it may appear as such however being that I have used the same credentials for the past 3 years I can assure you without a shadow of doubt that I have not forgotten the correct credentials.

The phone was bought second hand, I suspect the owner registration happens with the first owner regardless of what a new super admin may do.

The choices are either to re-flash the phone or contact the original owner to login for me and unlock the device. UNLESS some braniac on here can find a new solution.
    12-02-21 12:05 PM
    I appreciate it may appear as such however being that I have used the same credentials for the past 3 years I can assure you without a shadow of doubt that I have not forgotten the correct credentials.

The phone was bought second hand, I suspect the owner registration happens with the first owner regardless of what a new super admin may do.

The choices are either to re-flash the phone or contact the original owner to login for me and unlock the device. UNLESS some braniac on here can find a new solution.
    Surely you did not leave the original owner's Google account on your device when you acquired it.
    12-02-21 01:35 PM
    No of course not but from what I have read about the issue, even after a reset, devices are stored with Google as being owned by the first owner of a phone unless registered as owned by a subsequent owner using Gsuite. Hence when theft-protection kicks in subsequent owners are left in the dark. At least that's how I understood it. For example when contacting Google they are saying that the phone needs a manufacturer led flashing because once theft protection kicks in you cant unlock it with any account but the first account that was registered to the device.

It's nuts I know but that's where I am at. So unless anyone has any clever ideas around it, my next question would be how easy it is to flash a custom or original rom onto the phone. Aside from that the only solution I can think of is to replace the mainboard with one that isn't locked but that's a real headache and probably just as expensive.
    12-02-21 02:06 PM
    No of course not but from what I have read about the issue, even after a reset, devices are stored with Google as being owned by the first owner of a phone unless registered as owned by a subsequent owner using Gsuite. Hence when theft-protection kicks in subsequent owners are left in the dark. At least that's how I understood it. For example when contacting Google they are saying that the phone needs a manufacturer led flashing because once theft protection kicks in you cant unlock it with any account but the first account that was registered to the device.

It's nuts I know but that's where I am at. So unless anyone has any clever ideas around it, my next question would be how easy it is to flash a custom or original rom onto the phone. Aside from that the only solution I can think of is to replace the mainboard with one that isn't locked but that's a real headache and probably just as expensive.
    Even running an autoloader won't bypass anti-theft. That's the point of it. It makes stealing a device pointless.

If a Google account is removed and/or replaced prior to a wipe, the original credentials are over-ridden.
    12-02-21 02:34 PM