06-05-17 03:21 PM
75 123
tools
    I spent the last few months using the PKB on my Priv, and got to the point where I really liked using it.... UNTIL I got the KEYone. It feels like I am back using my 9700 again! I am really happy with the results.
    06-04-17 05:25 AM
    I to have still to get used to the KEYone pkb coming from the Classic.

For me the pkb of Classic still feels superior, in size and 'clickyness'. I think i was just not possible to use the Classic pkb on KEYone... Would have messed up the device screen ratio.

Let's see how i feel in a month or so.
    06-04-17 05:46 AM
    Same here!!!

I first loved the keyboard on the 9900, then preferred the KB on the Classic. When the PP came out, I was like never will I like this KB....a month later, the PP was my favorite KB!!!

Now comes the Keyone...for me it's like having the PP and Classic's KB all wrapped up in one! I absolutely love this keyboard and I'm sure it'll my favorite in no time...

That's the beauty about muscle memory ask getting used to things.
    06-04-17 10:24 AM
    Give it two days.
    ....and then a week may be

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-04-17 10:57 AM
    Interesting revelations.

I'll have to try this in store then before deciding to buy it!

Not shelling out $800 cad for a compromised keyboard experience!
    06-04-17 11:20 AM
    I don't understand why they opted for shiny keys. I heard one reviewer that speculated it was to help with gestures. I remember using my Q10, which very much has a textured/matte keyboard. Classic is good keyboard too but is a bit shinier than Q10 and a tad bit more slippery if your fingers are oily/sweaty.

I'm just hoping the K1 won't be slippery when typing.

 C L A S S I C
    06-04-17 11:25 AM
    I don't understand why they opted for shiny keys. I heard one reviewer that speculated it was to help with gestures. I remember using my Q10, which very much has a textured/matte keyboard. Classic is good keyboard too but is a bit shinier than Q10 and a tad bit more slippery if your fingers are oily/sweaty.

I'm just hoping the K1 won't be slippery when typing.

 C L A S S I C
    The BlackBerry KEYone keyboard is not slippery when typing or swiping. Maybe it is the keyboard frets, maybe not.
    06-04-17 11:44 AM
    I just got my KEYone in today that I ordered via Amazon and the first thing that immediately turned me off was the keyboard. I'm coming from a Classic where the keys are sculpted and perfectly 'clicky', but these keys are mushy and requires an extra effort to push. What throws me off even more is that the space bar is perfectly clicky and feels completely different from the rest of the keys, which kind of throws me off from typing fast.

I don't know, maybe I gotta break in before I get used to it but I'm really starting to miss the true BlackBerry keyboard the Classic had. Compared to KEYone even the Passport or PRIV feel better. It just may be me.

Other than that this phone literally feels like a tank. It's really hefty and thicker than I'd thought it would be. Overall it's a very solid phone.
    This was exactly where I was at when there was a CB Meetup here in Vancouver -- I preferred my PRIV pkb, BUT having used it as my daily driver for 3 days+ I can say that I'm loving the typing experience on my KEYone... it's got this semi-gel cushion feel to it, like a pseudo-silicone feedback.

As a note, I had gone to the PRIV from the Classic and it took me well over a week to fully acclimate to that kb.

Tl;dr Ditto, but now I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
    06-04-17 12:39 PM
    Look once I got used to Passport, I couldn't go back to Classic. Not just clickiness but also the swiping gestures.

If you get used to it, then it's the next gen for physical keyboards
    I've used both Passport and Classic for the past two years. On the Passport I used to type pretty fast, but not as fast as I did on the Classic. That's why I was craving a more traditional, four row keyboard like the Classic and the KEYone offers it, but the clickiness isn't all there.

As I'm using the phone more though it's starting to click better. So maybe a month later it'll wear down to its perfect clickiness!
    06-04-17 12:52 PM
    I did not decide. If the keyone is held landscape position and screen keyboard pops, does the pkb still light up and does it scroll the page or is the pkb entirely inactive?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 04:06 PM
    I had no issues with the keyboard. My only issue is getting adjusted to the phone. I keep hitting the convenience key. Also, the phone doesn't feel top heavy as some have described.... It just feels too tall with the keyboard taking about a fourth of the entire phone.

I'll get used to it
    06-04-17 04:18 PM
    I'm coping with the keyboard, it's the Android O/S that is driving me crazy. I have had the phone three day and don't like the OS. I don't like how the contacts save, I can't find my music thats saved on my sd card. The only feature I like so far is the split screen. There is a way to get the BB touch screen above the physical key, I just haven't worked that out yet
    06-04-17 05:31 PM
    Coming from using an iPhone for the last 5 years, it took me about 2 days to get use to the keyboard and break it in. I love it. Also, I typed this with my eyes closed.
    06-04-17 05:35 PM
    if I get one I'll probably hate it too because I'm Used to and like my priv keyboard. I've never used the other keyboard but my priv clicks just fine. doesn't feel mushy at all
    Your Priv actually clicked???
    06-04-17 07:12 PM
    Give it two days.
    That's what I say because I'm a few days in and it's all coming back! Really liking this phone
    06-04-17 07:55 PM
    A common issue that's keep happening to me is:

1. I keep hitting the convenience key during calls, which ends up muting and leaving the other end wondering if I rudely hung up on them. Also hitting it accidentally while using the phone normally, thus bringing up programmed action.

2. I KEEP hitting the damn home button every time I'm fast typing. Especially when I try to hit the letters 'r, t, y, u'. It's frustrating since I'm trying to text fast and end up hitting home button and making me sometimes retype everything.

3. Sometimes I have to tap the screen a bit hard for it to register my touch. This is not a big deal because I rarely touch the screen anyways.

Overall I'm loving this phone a lot. I know it'll take some time to adjust. But some of these gripes could've been sorted out better if the capacitive buttons where rather on screen instead. These are just my opinion, I'm sure others are doing much better with this phone than I am!
    06-05-17 12:32 AM
    I am doing a timed typing test as I do this here on the crackberry forum site to see how many word a minute I can type on my new BlackBerry KEYone and it's amazing so far the keys are just the
    06-05-17 01:44 AM
    That was it. Mistake on leaving the s off words. So about 40 wpm. Only had since Friday so I'm getting there. Love this phone!
    06-05-17 01:45 AM
    Overall I'm loving this phone a lot. I know it'll take some time to adjust. But some of these gripes could've been sorted out better if the capacitive buttons where rather on screen instead. These are just my opinion, I'm sure others are doing much better with this phone than I am!
    If they were on-screen the whole screen would probably be a bit closer to the PKB, so you'd have the exact same problem. And if there was a blank space between, people would complain about wasted space. Maybe they should have gone with physical nav keys, but then people would complain that those are "so 2009" or something. .
    06-05-17 05:33 AM
    A common issue that's keep happening to me is:

1. I keep hitting the convenience key during calls, which ends up muting and leaving the other end wondering if I rudely hung up on them.
    Now i understand what is happening to my calls! I mutet like three calls already, and did not get how i did it. So convenience button mutes ....not the best design decision.
    06-05-17 05:46 AM
    Well with on screen buttons they disappear and aren't always there lol. My suggestion would be to make them on screen, and have some border between the screen and the keyboard. That would work out fine. Physical navigation buttons are not needed since they creak and feel cheap at times!
    06-05-17 01:37 PM
    Just about every keyboard blackberry that I have ever owned, the keyboard had to "break in" a little for typing to be comfortable. This was definitely the case when I first used the OG passport.

The PRIV is the only keyboard from blackberry where the keyboard didn't really have to break in. The keys already had a soft touch to them.
    06-05-17 02:07 PM
    My suggestion would be to make them on screen, and have some border between the screen and the keyboard. That would work out fine.
    I know a phone which has just that... :P
    #privforever
    06-05-17 02:24 PM
    I know a phone which has just that... :P
    #privforever
    PRIV and many other phones do.. But nothing beats the #KEYone form factor!
    06-05-17 02:30 PM
    PRIV and many other phones do.. But nothing beats the #KEYone form factor!
    If you ask me, nothing beats the Priv form factor... #slidersforever hahaha
    06-05-17 03:21 PM
75 123