I just got my KEYone in today that I ordered via Amazon and the first thing that immediately turned me off was the keyboard. I'm coming from a Classic where the keys are sculpted and perfectly 'clicky', but these keys are mushy and requires an extra effort to push. What throws me off even more is that the space bar is perfectly clicky and feels completely different from the rest of the keys, which kind of throws me off from typing fast.

I don't know, maybe I gotta break in before I get used to it but I'm really starting to miss the true BlackBerry keyboard the Classic had. Compared to KEYone even the Passport or PRIV feel better. It just may be me.

Other than that this phone literally feels like a tank. It's really hefty and thicker than I'd thought it would be. Overall it's a very solid phone.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-01-17 07:22 PM
    Give it two days.
    06-01-17 07:50 PM
    give it a few days to a week, a good honey moon phase.
    knightfall and stlabrat like this.
    06-01-17 07:53 PM
    Surprised you like the PRIV keyboard better. I came from a PRIV and like the KeyOne board better. Maybe you need more time with it. But the consensus seems to be that it isn't as good as some of the BB keyboards of old.
    footnote likes this.
    06-01-17 07:55 PM
    Hopefully you'll like it more over time. I find it to be perfect.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 06-03-17 at 01:02 PM.
    06-01-17 07:58 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    All keyboards need a few days to adjust... had them all...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 07:59 PM
    My Passport keys are lot harder than my old Curve. It takes me sometime to get used to. Now my two thumbs are stronger than ever...

Posted via CB10
    knightfall likes this.
    06-01-17 08:00 PM
    I don't find my keys mushy at all. Yes the space bar makes a bigger click, but I find I am rarely making any errors with the Keyone keyboard. I do find the phone smaller than I had imagined, but I think I will eventually grow to like that. I know I really missed my smaller phones in the past. This phone will be a keeper I am sure.
    06-01-17 08:04 PM
    Funny, my wife had a Classic from day one and now the KEYone. Doesn't notice the difference at all in ease of use or performance.
    Very heavy user on KEYone PKB by the way.
    As said, give it a few days.
    06-01-17 08:09 PM
    Literally two days man. You'll love it. Trust me. I hated it for an hour or so. Give it time. Now I can't stand the Passport.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:16 PM
    I am very pleased with the keyboard. I've had it for around 15 hours and I'm already blind typing on.
    06-01-17 08:48 PM
    I just got my KEYone in today that I ordered via Amazon and the first thing that immediately turned me off was the keyboard. I'm coming from a Classic where the keys are sculpted and perfectly 'clicky', but these keys are mushy and requires an extra effort to push. What throws me off even more is that the space bar is perfectly clicky and feels completely different from the rest of the keys, which kind of throws me off from typing fast.

I don't know, maybe I gotta break in before I get used to it but I'm really starting to miss the true BlackBerry keyboard the Classic had. Compared to KEYone even the Passport or PRIV feel better. It just may be me.

Other than that this phone literally feels like a tank. It's really hefty and thicker than I'd thought it would be. Overall it's a very solid phone.
    Sorry you feel that way. I was using a passport, and this feels so much better. Anyway, give it some time. I was used to it almost instantly.
    06-01-17 09:01 PM
    Yup, same here. I thought I was done with BB lol ... Really liking this keyboard so far.
    06-01-17 09:03 PM
    Took me weeks to get used to the Passport
    06-01-17 09:03 PM
    Took me all of five minutes to adjust to this KEYboard. I feel like I'm back on my first BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    06-01-17 09:14 PM
    thought the keyboard wouldve been a bit too squished at first but after a few hours of use I LOVE IT! Just as good as another other BB keyboard
    06-01-17 09:15 PM
    It only took an hour or so to get used to coming from a VKB. I've falling in love with the PKB again.
    drcharlton likes this.
    06-01-17 09:20 PM
    Keep us posted OP...
    06-01-17 09:49 PM
    It will take you a few days to adjust. So far, I'm loving my KeyONE.
    06-01-17 10:50 PM
    I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree with you more haha. I've found this keyboard so be completely clicky. The PRIV was mushy.
    06-01-17 10:53 PM
    I completely understand where OP is coming from. Although I wouldn't say my device isn't clicky (it totally is). But the sculpting of the Classic keyboard is much preferred and I wish there was someway BlackBerry could have made that possible on the new device.

(I can't say I prefer the Priv keyboard to the KeyOne though....that's definitely a stretch lol. Passport is okay in comparison I guess.)
    06-01-17 11:04 PM
    In my opinion, KeyOne keyboard is great, and I've literally owned just about every physical keyboard model all the way back to the 850. I was very happy going from the Q10 to Classic, then sad going from the Classic to Priv, and now happy again on the KeyOne. So far this is the phone I was hoping it would be.
    06-01-17 11:14 PM
    So I'm getting used to the keyboard slowly. It seems like it needs some breaking in to do. Still the difference of clickiness between the keys and the space bar is very distinguishable. What I do love is the form factor of the phone which definitely helps with typing. But I'm doubting I'll ever be able to type as fast and efficient as I did on my Classic. But fingers crossed that after a month it starts clicking better!
    06-01-17 11:51 PM
    So I'm getting used to the keyboard slowly. It seems like it needs some breaking in to do. Still the difference of clickiness between the keys and the space bar is very distinguishable. What I do love is the form factor of the phone which definitely helps with typing. But I'm doubting I'll ever be able to type as fast and efficient as I did on my Classic. But fingers crossed that after a month it starts clicking better!
    Probably has something to with the fact that it has a finger printer scanner built in.
    06-02-17 12:08 AM
    Keyboard is pretty good. I'm a day in and I'm used to it.
    06-02-17 12:11 AM
75 123