It's a joy to write in the keyboard of the KEYone.

It took me just 10 minutes to adjust and write very fast.
    Maybe it's because I am coming from the priv which definitely has a less efficient keyboard.
    06-02-17 12:30 AM
    I think you just need a day or two to get used to any PKB device. When I first got the Priv, it seemed quite small, especially compared to my old Desire Z. Now I think it's the best keyboard ever and that DZ's way too big.
    NHF, guys, but some of you are way overthinking it. If a PKB lets me type 50-ish WPM with ~0 errors, who gives a damn if it's mushier, clickier, a bit smaller, larger or w/e. Now, if there was a choice of 10, or at least 5, PKB phones on the market, maybe I'd be thinking about such details if they were otherwise similar. But when there's 2 of them, what sense is there to it?
    06-03-17 11:38 AM
    I just got my KEYone in today that I ordered via Amazon and the first thing that immediately turned me off was the keyboard. I'm coming from a Classic where the keys are sculpted and perfectly 'clicky', but these keys are mushy and requires an extra effort to push. What throws me off even more is that the space bar is perfectly clicky and feels completely different from the rest of the keys, which kind of throws me off from typing fast.

I don't know, maybe I gotta break in before I get used to it but I'm really starting to miss the true BlackBerry keyboard the Classic had. Compared to KEYone even the Passport or PRIV feel better. It just may be me.

Other than that this phone literally feels like a tank. It's really hefty and thicker than I'd thought it would be. Overall it's a very solid phone.
    Maybe you got a dud - try one in store if you can to compare and return or exchange as needed.

Maybe it is just you get it used to it but by consensus the pkb on the keyone is supposed to clicky not mushy and feels like BlackBerry's of old.

Doesn't sound right to me what you're describing.
    06-03-17 11:50 AM
    I had my K1 for about an hour before returning it as defective with a bad KB. But when I did use it, I was surprised that I liked it.
    06-03-17 11:51 AM
    if I get one I'll probably hate it too because I'm Used to and like my priv keyboard. I've never used the other keyboard but my priv clicks just fine. doesn't feel mushy at all
    06-03-17 12:09 PM
    if I get one I'll probably hate it too because I'm Used to and like my priv keyboard. I've never used the other keyboard but my priv clicks just fine. doesn't feel mushy at all
    Odd. The PRIV was the least clicky keyboard I have owned.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-03-17 12:10 PM
    Don't have a KEYone (yet) but that is also a concern of mine coming from the Classic; I love the feel of it when I use it. After seeing photos and reviews of the K1, I got the impression that they feel mushy. Like people say, give it a couple of days. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
    06-03-17 12:45 PM
    Don't have a KEYone (yet) but that is also a concern of mine coming from the Classic; I love the feel of it when I use it. After seeing photos and reviews of the K1, I got the impression that they feel mushy. Like people say, give it a couple of days. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
    Yep, give it a couple days. These Keys feel amazing. No regrets!
    06-03-17 12:51 PM
    Some of them did click fine. I owned one.

But most of them were defective and people took that to be the norm, when it definitely wasn't.
    06-03-17 12:51 PM
    A mushy keyboard is not going to get better, send it back for a replacement
    06-03-17 05:52 PM
    I love this phone. Brings back memories of old. I miss the PKB. Only issue is getting used to android. Coming from an iPhone 6. Feels thinner to me since I had a mophie on my iPhone 6 due to battery. Bought mine on bestbuy.com on release. Arrived yesterday. Love it.
    06-03-17 06:00 PM
    The more I use this keyboard the more I love it. Best typing experience I've had since the bold series. Switching back to a vkb after this will really stink, so I hope they make a KEYtwo.
    06-03-17 06:06 PM
    A mushy keyboard is not going to get better, send it back for a replacement
    I don't think it's a faulty unit. I'm sure every KEYone has the same clickiness. I just think I'll have to get used to it.
    06-03-17 06:12 PM
    Anyone else's pinky hurt while supporting the phone weight? My right pinky is under the USB-C and after a while it hurts from the awkwardness lol.
    drcharlton likes this.
    06-03-17 06:40 PM
    I don't think it's a faulty unit. I'm sure every KEYone has the same clickiness. I just think I'll have to get used to it.
    You sure man? Every review has said it is just slightly less good than the classic, reminds them of the bold 9900 click, and much much better than the PRIV.

You reported the total opposite...is it the size of the keys you need getting used to or do you really think it is mushy keys? Not sure how you would assume they all must be that way if you have only used one and everyone else is saying the opposite.

But perhaps there is a miscommunication, in any case I hope you figure it out!
    06-03-17 07:01 PM
    I just got my KEYone in today that I ordered via Amazon and the first thing that immediately turned me off was the keyboard. I'm coming from a Classic where the keys are sculpted and perfectly 'clicky', but these keys are mushy and requires an extra effort to push. What throws me off even more is that the space bar is perfectly clicky and feels completely different from the rest of the keys, which kind of throws me off from typing fast.

I don't know, maybe I gotta break in before I get used to it but I'm really starting to miss the true BlackBerry keyboard the Classic had. Compared to KEYone even the Passport or PRIV feel better. It just may be me.

Other than that this phone literally feels like a tank. It's really hefty and thicker than I'd thought it would be. Overall it's a very solid phone.
    The Priv pkb is awful. If you think this one is worse, then that is quite a statement.
    06-03-17 07:07 PM
    You sure man? Every review has said it is just slightly less good than the classic, reminds them of the bold 9900 click, and much much better than the PRIV.

You reported the total opposite...is it the size of the keys you need getting used to or do you really think it is mushy keys? Not sure how you would assume they all must be that way if you have only used one and everyone else is saying the opposite.

But perhaps there is a miscommunication, in any case I hope you figure it out!
    I've read many reviews that the keys aren't as clicky as Classic. Don't get me wrong the keys are clicky, just not as clicky as I'd like them to be. For example the space bar has the perfect click whereas the rest of the keyboard doesn't feel the same.

Maybe I need to break in and give it a month before I start feeling it perfect click.
    06-03-17 07:13 PM
    The Priv pkb is awful. If you think this one is worse, then that is quite a statement.
    I'm just talking about the clickiness. The PRIV felt like it had a better click to its keys than the KEYone. But I'm slowly getting used to it so hopefully as they wear down they'll start clicking better.
    06-03-17 07:15 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone keyboard is not mushy; the keys click nicely without being loud and annoying as some said about the BlackBerry PRIV. This keyboard is like the BlackBerry Bold 9700 which was considered a stellar physical keyboard.
    06-03-17 07:33 PM
    I'm just talking about the clickiness. The PRIV felt like it had a better click to its keys than the KEYone. But I'm slowly getting used to it so hopefully as they wear down they'll start clicking better.
    I find this odd as I thought the PRIV was literally the most mushy key board I have used. I guess it's all how a person feels with the keyboard. The PRIV was more difficult to get good at then the KEYone. A day in and I feel like I did back in the 9900 days on this thing. Could never get there on the PRIV.
    06-03-17 07:41 PM
    The OP is correct about the squishy feeling, I doubt it is defective. I am also coming off a Classic and the Keyone feels squishy compared to it. I never got the Priv because I didn't like the keyboard, or the balance of the phone when using it. Even though the Keyone keyboard is not quite as nice as the classic, I still like it, and I will get used to the slightly more squishy feel. I like the rest of the phone hardware too -- now if I could get the darn thing configured the way I want...
    06-03-17 08:41 PM
    The OP is correct about the squishy feeling, I doubt it is defective. I am also coming off a Classic and the Keyone feels squishy compared to it. I never got the Priv because I didn't like the keyboard, or the balance of the phone when using it. Even though the Keyone keyboard is not quite as nice as the classic, I still like it, and I will get used to the slightly more squishy feel. I like the rest of the phone hardware too -- now if I could get the darn thing configured the way I want...
    I couldn't agree more. I'm seriously missing my Classic keyboard lol. But I've been typing a lot on the KEYone and I've been able to pump out a speed of 52 words per minute, which is close to my Classic keyboard! Overall, this keyboard is exceptional!
    06-03-17 09:11 PM
    Surprised you like the PRIV keyboard better. I came from a PRIV and like the KeyOne board better. Maybe you need more time with it. But the consensus seems to be that it isn't as good as some of the BB keyboards of old.
    Yeah surprised as well as I found the Kb on the PRIV a tad small and crampy. And so for me it's better because the sizing works better for me on the K1.
    06-04-17 03:09 AM
    Size of keyboard is very similar to Priv (Priv might be slightly wider). Priv keyboard felt better for me because keyone keyboard is glass. Glass feels more slippery and also swipe up prediction message sometimes hits the home button screen. I keep trying both keyboard and Priv feels better in my hand and I wasn't fan of PRIV's keyboard either. I guess I can get used to this but I do agree with OP that classic/passport keyboards are far better than Keyone. Also, keyone keyboard LED light is uneven for me just like passport.
    Last edited by krazyatom; 06-04-17 at 04:25 AM.
    06-04-17 04:13 AM
    Look once I got used to Passport, I couldn't go back to Classic. Not just clickiness but also the swiping gestures.

If you get used to it, then it's the next gen for physical keyboards
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-04-17 04:34 AM
75 123