06-17-17 10:29 AM
42 12
tools
    Or some intended buyer waiting the right moment to buy who has read a few post and decided to wait for those issues to be fixed
    Speaking from experience, I have no worries. Zero. Nada. And at the end of the day it's a phone, not a medical device.
    anon(9742832) and FF22 like this.
    06-17-17 12:40 AM
    The build quality seems much more consistent than the last few kb devices that were made in Mexico. Hopefully the screen won't be their undoing.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-17-17 02:09 AM
    You can't tell how bad your photos are if there's no screen to view them on.

Attachment 425321
    Spicy, lol, very spicy.
    06-17-17 03:05 AM
    The build quality seems much more consistent than the last few kb devices that were made in Mexico. Hopefully the screen won't be their undoing.
    I don't know, sometimes it is a matter of luck or negligence on the part of those supervising the manufacturing process, or it could just be an isolated mechanical issue.

My almost four years Q10 is absolutely solid and was made in Mexico. I dare say it is probably the best built BlackBerry phone I have ever owned to date.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 03:15 AM
    I'm here to make an informed decision (which you do not help with all your fanboy propaganda) about what I am about to buy and when I should do so. And to be sure I know what I should check once I have the phone. When I know that I won't be able to afford another phone for 3-4 years, an informed decision is a must.

I've never stated that my 8-year-old Nokia is a dream machine - if it was, I would not be here. It's just still the most "modern" (yup, sounds bad) phone I could get as 1) Motorola Droids don't work in my country standards 2) previous BBs were not at all interesting to me with a niche OS and 3) Priv is s**t.

Yes, I do comment quite a lot. Still, I comment much less than some apologists (there is one guy who joined when JerryRig released his video and in 2 days got to the amount of posts I have now). But do you know why I bother you? Because I can think on my own (which you can't, your KEYone thinks for you) and write both about good and bad things that phone has (while you can't see anything bad, everything designed on purpose!). And don't worry, I won't be posting anymore after either 1) I get a fully functional KEYone or 2) I give up on a faulty KEYone I end up buying.

And yes, I ordered one. Then cancelled only to order from Amazon as they have the best warranty which is a must with so many issues (that were not designed on purpose, unlike you think). The delivery was expected much later so I waited to see how the issues evolve. Unfortunately, Amazon got KEYone much earlier and shipped it before I realised. I will probably send the courier back.

Or maybe not, because I love this phone. I want it so bad. But at the same time I see (which you can't) it's a farce so far and with no money to lose (maybe you don't know this problem, lucky you!) I'm really afraid to accept it now, especially that I will struggle to find money to buy any good case right now so I might have to risk carrying it naked.

Do you now understand why I am here? No, not having fun at all. It's difficult to have fun at community where very few can think on their own.

TCL made a great mistake not adding the glue. But making this place an official support forum is an even greater mistake.
    Out of curiosity what Nokia are you using? N900? E72?

Please don't say N97, nobody deserves that sort of torture for that long! Lol.
    06-17-17 03:33 AM
    Oh the good old n97 wow I still wake up having nightmares about that phone,the 1st and only phone I have ever taken pleasure in destroying with a baseball bat.
    06-17-17 04:06 AM
    Oh the good old n97 wow I still wake up having nightmares about that phone,the 1st and only phone I have ever taken pleasure in destroying with a baseball bat.
    Hahahahaha! Man, those were the days.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 04:15 AM
    Hahaha I miss those days.
    06-17-17 04:19 AM
    LOL! A true P.O.S Phone that was, Nokia had a moment of going full ****** right there.

I know people who've used Nokia E90, Nokia E72, Nokia N900 etc... up to recently, but I don't know anyone who was able to make it through 2years with an N97.
    06-17-17 06:09 AM
    I lasted 4 months before I ruined a good baseball bat on that phone but God it was worth it!
    06-17-17 06:36 AM
    Yes it's Nokia N97 and after 8 years it's still in perfect visual condition. Only recently it started lagging horribly and turn off at random. Oh, and I charge it once a week.
    06-17-17 07:42 AM
    OP, your assumption of Priv made inhouse is wrong. Those device MFG site from Mexico, Hungery, Taiwan, China, etc. as Made in X... you don't see BB MFG building in those countries, do you? CM (contract manufacture), there are good and bad one, it depend upon the volume of required production and equipment match to the device (for example, KB dome sheet assembly, is not slab MFG cup of tea... even TCL struggle a bit). As for Priv, did Chen told you it was all done in house? it might be more "outsource" than you can imaging. You just never know. (rest of the discussion, although interesting, but very much like blind guys felt for the elephant try to ID it... IMHO. I am included... ). If you are holding a Made in Canada Priv, please let me know. thx.
    06-17-17 08:03 AM
    loll I think there is little point in trying to convince either position really.

different people have different standards and if some people are perfectly happy with theirs, then more power to them.

On the flip side, it is also unfair to accuse people of being trolls just because they're stating their own opinions. It is not as if the Keyone is a perfect device and the screen lift issue is a valid concern. Nobody is coming in here making stuff up or exaggerating, you can blame that on the constant new reports of screen lifting. The concerns some people have are real and valid, they aren't trolls.

Additionally, if a user who loves their KEYone says that it's the best phone and best camera they've had ever, and that it's faster than an s8 or that they it takes wondeful photos like the s8, hey - that's great you love it so much, but it's totally legit for someone to challenge these statements for the sake of informed decisions.

Just my two cents
    eldeadache and kbz1960 like this.
    06-17-17 08:23 AM
    So many of us who actually own and use a KEYone get overshadowed by folks who never intended to buy the device in the first place.
    These forums always attract a fair share of lonely people looking for attention. Some of them inevitably cross "normal" boundaries by creating an anonymous persona that gets attention and gives them a sense of power and control that they don't have in their offline lives.

They are usually pretty easy to spot, because they don't try to help others or ask genuine questions about the appropriate forum topics.

We just have to accept that, for them, this is like a low rent RPG, and they are more invested in their persona than they are in contributing authentically to the community.

In other words, we have to remember not to feed the trolls. :-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-17-17 08:53 AM
    Reviews, really? Every BB10 BlackBerry had poor reviews because of poor app support. Funny how as soon as they start the shift to android everyone loves them. And don't get me wrong, I love my KEYone, and I also loved my passport and classic for different reasons. But reviewers are extremely misleading.
    You think? Shocking I tell you Shocking......woof!
    06-17-17 09:03 AM
    I lasted 4 months before I ruined a good baseball bat on that phone but God it was worth it!
    That long>...............LOL
    06-17-17 09:06 AM
    Fishing season is over. Thread closed
    valer466 likes this.
    06-17-17 10:29 AM
42 12